One Way

I'd Be Your Lifeline

Judging from the extent and menacing shade of the bruises, someone has been causing Taehyung grievous harm, and it wasn’t Taehyung himself.

 

Jimin was stunned. What was happening with Taehyung?

 

He wished to find that out more than anything, but it just seemed like more questions than answers were presenting themselves.

 

Could it be the bruises and his suicidal act were direct cause-and-action? Was there nothing more to what he had been assuming about Taehyung, and all the stories he had heard about Taehyung being dangerously on edge? 

 

Taehyung sensed Jimin's eyes lingering on him, and he stopped writing to deliver Jimin a deadpan look. 

 

"You have something to say to me?" Taehyung questioned.

 

"Not really." Jimin casually shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Okay," Taehyung closed the journal with a pensive look on his face. "If you don't mind, I could really use some fresh air right now."

 

--

 

Jimin had suggested that Taehyung take the wheelchair, as he thought Taehyung might feel weird about him matching his pace if they were to take a walk.

 

Frankly, Jimin felt he might be self-conscious about going on a stroll with a patient, and letting him roam free.

 

He was pretty sure Taehyung would reject having support by the arm, so he was surprised then relieved that Taehyung did not oppose to taking the wheelchair.

 

Taehyung had lifted his feet to the ground gingerly, feeling the cold contact of the vinyl floor. His shoulders shook slightly as he sank into the comfort of the wheelchair. It was not unusual that Taehyung was drained of the usual flush of color in his cheeks, but it only served to contrast starkly against the crimson purple bruises peeking out at every dip of his shirt collar. Jimin had a hard time drawing his eyes away from the bruises which were screaming for attention, not to mention that he was standing over Taehyung's back as he pushed the wheelchair. However, Taehyung was quick to recline and cut off Jimin's visual of his back. 

 

Jimin quietly noted that the journal was lying over Taehyung's lap. Taehyung had a faraway look in his eyes that seemed like an indication that he did not want his thoughts interrupted. Jimin decided that Taehyung needed his personal space, and they continued silently along the hospital corridor to the open-air veranda on the fifth floor.

 

--

 

Taehyung surveyed the surroundings when they arrived at the veranda. Perfect setting for the next act, he thought.

 

There was a horizontal extension to the veranda that was blocked off by a glass barrier with metal railings because it was not meant for access from the level of the veranda, and only served as a shelter for people walking underneath it. 

 

Jimin pushed Taehyung in the wheelchair up to about 2 metres away from the glass barrier, and stepped down the lock of the wheelchair.

 

"There we go." Jimin spoke kindly. "Are you good with here, or do you want to try somewhere else?" 

 

"This is good, thanks."

 

"Okay."

 

There was a lapse of silence as Jimin crouched down beside Taehyung, leaving a small gap between them to stretch out his knees. He took in the beauty of the panoramic evening sky as he adjusted his crouching pose to lean towards gravity.

 

Taehyung was watching Jimin like a kid who had spotted a fresh new balloon bouncing along with a springy string, openly inviting a playmate.

 

" ya..." Taehyung broke the silence in an awestruck voice. "How is it that you're so SMALL?" 

 

Jimin's eyes turned to meet Taehyung's, and for the first time since they met, he saw the grin on Taehyung's face widen unabashedly till it reached his eyes. There wasn't even a need to answer to that, because Taehyung had already found a source of amusement in resting the journal on Jimin's head, and seeing that his hand patted Jimin's head exactly at shoulder level. 

 

"Look! You're only up to my shoulder! This is fascinating..." 

 

Jimin quietly observed that Taehyung's toothy grin was back - one that seemed to freeze all his other reflexes and suspend his impenetrable thought processes. In that moment, it was like seeing a sliver of sunshine peeking through a massive dark cloud, and Taehyung's crescent eyes were deep pools that reflected clarity. 

 

That toothy grin was a clean slate, and Jimin felt like he could never really hold Taehyung accountable for anything even if he should lie.

 

"Nappeun jashi..." Jimin chuckled, making an effort to snag the journal from Taehyung, while trying to keep his balance.

[A/N: "Nappeun jashi" is a term for "jerk" used fondly on certain occasions like this one lol]

 

He thought he saw Taehyung stiffening a little as he grabbed at the journal.

 

"Did you make up more stuff in there? Show me what you wrote..."

 

Jimin flicked his hand at the journal eluding his reach, and just then the journal was a lot further all of a sudden. Taehyung had abandoned the wheelchair and cradling the journal in his arms, he stood at the glass barrier facing the low evening sun. 

 

"I saw you stare at my back earlier."

 

Jimin studied Taehyung's backview solemnly, feeling like he had unwittingly encroached on the latter's privacy.

 

Taehyung turned his head sideways, and somehow it looked like he was downplaying the accusatory look he now directed at Jimin.

 

"Not sure if you consider me a charity case, or are you just plain curious."

 

A subdued smirk wandered on Taehyung's lips, and his eyes held a strange capacity of being ready for hurt.

 

"There's only one way to find out."

 

Taehyung tossed the journal out onto the edge of the roof extension stretching beyond the veranda's glass barrier.

 

A challenge had been posed to Jimin to reclaim the journal if he wanted the truth about Kim Taehyung.

 

 

--------------

 

 

Author's Note A/N:

 

I think I might be too busy to update over the next 2 weeks... I hope this story is pleasing you like it pleases me to write it... Ahahaha. Pls leave me comments by all means, subscribers and comments are inspiring.

 

My Vmin feels so far haven't really bordered that much on angst... Next chapter I foresee I may insert a tiny crisis moment while Jimin is out there risking his life for the journal *rolls eyes*

 

Why is VMIN so cute.

 

Vmin appreciation pictures:

http://weheartit.com/entry/264884026/via/lyvia_yi

http://weheartit.com/entry/264884099/via/lyvia_yi