A/N

I'd Be Your Lifeline

I watched HK movie Battle of Memories, and also Black Mirror. The kind of AU that really gets me is those memory-swap story lines... It got me thinking of a very rough plot... The below is just a skeleton sketch that I would really love to write as a full-body story, but sadly I don't think I have this luxury of time.

I still think about vmin most of the time, cuz I really love how vmin fanfics go in a needy way, and who doesn't love needy vmin lol. If I can catch a break, I would love to write more.

 


 

Sometime in the future, imagine if technology advanced to the point that you could discard memories of a past love, or choose to transfer them to someone else.

 

What if there were a marketplace for transferring these memories to someone else with matching affinity? 

 

What if someone else could come along and love you better with your ex-lover’s memories?

 

Jimin is the shell Taehyung chooses to fill with memories of a past love. 

 

But if technology were already so advanced, why not inject the memories into a lifelike robot instead. 

 

The point is, for the memories to assimilate, a neurological connection is needed. Jimin had seen the POV of Taehyung’s ex-lover, and he agreed to take on those memories and made the connection. 

 

Taehyung began to grow tired of Jimin, treating him like a plaything. But there was a reason for Jimin to seem docile / submissive. He had lost a large part of himself to assimilate the memories of Taehyung’s ex-lover. Despite knowing this consequence, he had given his consent. So most of Jimin was programmed for loving Taehyung more than he loved himself, to please Taehyung above everything.

 

The bittersweet memories of Taehyung’s expired love coupled with Jimin’s initial will to love him better paved the way for surgical success. Jimin was the breakthrough creation of a new-age lover. Taehyung ordered for trials on Jimin on a whim because he had nothing at stake, only riches to blow and a broken heart that demanded fixing.

 

Before the surgery, Jimin wanted to be loved so very badly, that he was willing to put himself in the shoes of an ex-lover and allow the unwanted / discarded memories to be injected in him. 

 

Taehyung would come to regret giving Jimin the cold shoulder, and realise how much Jimin had given up for him.

 

Jimin had viewed memories through the eyes of someone who once loved (but left) Taehyung, and he had smiled and consented the surgery because he knew that Taehyung is someone he could easily fall for. He could love Taehyung unconditionally, no matter what it took from him. 

 

Then Jimin starts showing signs of cracking — nightmares, crying in his sleep — Taehyung notices.

 

Jimin hides, thinking of it as a flaw, and starts to fade away. 

 

Taehyung will rush to the memory center and desperately demand that they make Jimin whole again.

 

“Please bring him back. All of him.” 

 

 

 


 

I EVEN HAVE A MOOD BOARD