Morphine

I'd Be Your Lifeline

Park Jimin had been snoozing in the chair next to Taehyung.

 

Taehyung’s POV: What’s he doing here.

 

Taehyung was not willing to move a muscle. He just lay flat across the hospital bed feeling like a deflated balloon.

 

Jimin was working his shift, but he found time to check in on Taehyung. There was something about Taehyung that bothered him.

 

He had enquired for Taehyung’s ward and managed to locate him in ward 29. 

 

Having popped by 20 minutes ago, Taehyung had been asleep then, so Jimin settled down in the chair next to him upon which mental fatigue induced his current nap.

 

But doctors aren’t accustomed to deep sleep unless it’s after a major surgery, and in Jimin’s case, his day at the hospital had just begun, so his eyes sprung open the moment the sound of crashing glass was heard.

 

The immediate scene presented before him was Taehyung lying adjacent to him, with a messy head of hair plopped against the pillow, wide eyes staring at him like there was no tomorrow.

 

“You’re awake!” Jimin started.

 

“Same to you.” Taehyung stated matter-of-factly.

 

“The nurse told me she administered some morphine.” Jimin knew he had to approach the topic cautiously.

 

“I thought you would be sleeping through it for a while.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes wandered off to the ceiling. “Yeah well…Guess I got used to the side effects.” 

 

Jimin was somewhat troubled to hear it. That couldn’t be a good sign, getting used to pain treatment. But Jimin decided not to probe.

 

“So you would have waited?” Taehyung eyed Jimin with some suspicion. “For me to sleep through the morphine.”

 

Jimin wasn’t quick enough to answer.

 

“Dude, that’s a little creepy. Are you gay for me?” 

 

A little smirk edged up Taehyung’s lips as he said that. 

 

Jimin made an undecipherable sound like he was choking back a word while his mouth went dry, but it was still clear from his body language that he was making an objection. 

 

“—N-no! NO, absolutely not.” 

 

Jimin’s shake of his head revealed a tiny smile thereafter. “You’re such a strange one…”

 

Taehyung just rolled his eyes, and resumed his smirking attitude of judging Jimin. 

 

---

 

Author's Note A/N: 

 

Short update, a bit hard-pressed for time to write! 

Be back for the build-up... It's funny when I have a strong beginning and an end in mind. Hope whoever's reading is in good enough suspense, because expect there to be a nice little twist. Heaheahea. (Don't worry, VMIN is in good hands)