Going Home

I'd Be Your Lifeline

Jimin has dealt with feelings of hopelessness before, but when he faced his father, he sometimes felt like hope never even existed in his dictionary.

 

“What do you mean you won’t open an investigation?? A patient died of internal bleeding, we’re supposed to do an autopsy! How can you just let this go as a fall case?!?”

 

“The patient entered the hospital reporting a fall as the cause of injury. We assess the information provided. Don’t expect to know everything especially if the patient has no medical history to share. It’s about time you stop obsessing over this case.” As the CEO of the hospital, his father was not one to mince his words.

 

"I'M NOT OBSESSING. It's just so DAMN CLEAR that she didn't just suffer a fall; Nobody just DIES like that. I need to file a report so whoever did harm her is arrested immediately."

 

"Stop being ridiculous. Do you think I'd allow you to smear the name of my hospital for your incompetence? It's bad enough that you are far from stepping up to handle affairs in my stead."

 

Jimin felt like he had been slapped on the face.

 

His father was as usual on a roll with his self-righteousness, and wasn't inclined to stop.

 

"You want the police to hold you responsible? Do you want to go to jail for that?" His father's voice boomed.

 

For all the medical prowess and respect that his father commanded as a highly-educated and world renowned brain surgeon, Jimin felt like his father sometimes made no sense at all.

 

"You have already prepared a jail here for me."

 

A slam of the door, and Jimin slipped away from his father just in time to fall apart privately.

 

_____

 

 

"Noona why are you telling me this."

 

Taehyung was done listening to the gossip Matron nurse Lee was sharing with him. Matron Lee had been the one who first brought Taehyung a plastic tumbler at Jimin's request, and in the 2 weeks following that not only did she ensure that Taehyung's wrists were healing up nicely, she also played the role of an unofficial Aunt Agony to the quietly troubled Taehyung.

 

For some reason, she had found it relevant to share with Taehyung the bits of heated conversation  Jimin had stormed into the CEO's office to thrash out, and she had unintentionally heard snippets as she passed by because the anger in their raised voices had superseded the subjective confidentiality of the patient case being discussed.

 

She wasn't too clear about the particulars of the case either, but she had seen Dr. Park charging inside the room with the journal she had once spotted at Taehyung's bedside, and guessed that his confrontation with the CEO might have been spurred by the way he was clutching the journal with fierce desperation.

 

"I've seen how you lock yourself away in the toilet over there just to avoid Dr. Park."

 

Taehyung gave a murmur of consent to Matron Lee's observation because it was true.

 

"Not sure if it's a push-and-pull that you youngsters like to play at these days..."

 

Taehyung's mouth went slack in disbelief, appearing like his soul was leaving his body. Matron Lee just went "tsk tsk" to illustrate her line of thought.

 

"......I think you can tell by now that Dr. Park would probably risk quite a lot for you." 

 

"Noona, have you been tuning in to "Days of Our Lives" feat. Dr. Park and patient Kim, episode 110?"

 

"Don't get smart with me, young man!"

 

Taehyung warded off Matron Lee's oncoming smack to his shoulder with a round of y chuckles. Matron Lee's hovering hand had been intercepted by Taehyung's arm as he was pulling on the sleeve of his grey hooded cardigan - the same one he had worn stumbling into the hospital bleeding out from gashes across his back. The cuts weren't quite as deep to have left any huge blood stains, but they were long and numerous as though marked by continuous whipping.

 

When they had asked, he had shakily claimed that it was an accident caused by an industrial tool malfunction, and that he would get it right next time. He would get it right once and for all, he said.

 

"Taehyung ah, are you really going to be alright? Isn't it too soon to be discharged?" 

 

While Matron Lee was helping Taehyung to slip on his cardigan and gather the rest of his belongings, she was reluctant to see him go.

"Don't worry, Noona. I'm not getting myself in trouble. I'm just going home."

 

 

______________________

Author's Note A/N:

'Noona' basically just means older sis in Korean. Next chapter - Taehyung goes to find Jimin in an emotional mess. :-/ A hot mess though ;D 

Pls look forward to it... and leave me a sign if you're reading? Hahaha. No worries if you leave it till next chapter though, next chapter will be more significant :P