Notice Me

I'd Be Your Lifeline

Jimin's POV 

It has been nearly a year. I have no news of him.

I expected that he would find me. But ever since that day, I haven't heard a word from him. 

I'm such a fool... 

 

__

 

"That would be $17.90 in total please."

Jimin fumbled for his credit card to pay for his usual takeout of grilled chicken salad and a cold brew from a cafe on the hospital grounds.

"Um..." Jimin hesitated upon handing the card to the cashier boy before him. The cashier glanced up at Jimin shyly, flashing his pearly whites with warming expectancy.

"Yes Dr. Park? Anything to add to your order?"

Jimin surveyed the waist pockets of his scrubs quickly, and ascertained that his ID tag was tucked inside his pocket and not displayed openly.

"How do you know I'm...?"

"You're quite the star around here, if you haven't noticed yet. An exemplary Derek Shepherd for all interns." Cashier boy grinned, clearly enamoured by Jimin's presence. Jimin was more amused than flattered.

"McDreamy? Nah, he's old school now." 

"Ha. For the interns, you're the whole package." Cashier boy promptly declared it like an honest-to-god truth, and then realized with red-faced embarrassment that he might have sounded over-enthusiastic. "At least that's what I hear going around."

"So I take it you're an intern yourself then."

"Yep, turning resident soon." His effortless grin revealed adorable bunny teeth. 

"Congrats." Jimin smiled warmly at the younger's bright-eyed confidence. He sought to pick up on the younger's name since he was a surgical junior who might fall under his mentorship in future. 

"Jung...kook?", Jimin read off the younger's scribbled name tag.

"Everyone calls me Kookie." 

"Alright Jungkookie." Jimin smiled, and the younger beamed with pleasure. 

A bell sounded from within the kitchen, and Jungkook reached over the kitchen counter to retrieve the order. A stack of takeaway paper bags had been set aside within reach for orders to be packed inside. Jimin eyed Jungkook's backview while his takeaway was being packed. 

"Out of curiosity, since when do surgical interns work part-time too? You're not that low on dough, are you?" Jimin asked with a hint of humor. 

Jungkook turned to face Jimin with a cross between a chuckle and a snort. "I guess I'm too approachable. I'm actually helping out one of the guys working here; He usually does cashier duties but today he's back in the kitchen covering someone who called in sick."

Jungkook moved to pack some serviettes with Jimin's takeaway order. "It's just 1-2 hours for me at lunch peak if they can't find a quick replacement, and I get unlimited free food in exchange. Plus it's nice to talk to medical staff of different departments while the food is prepared."

"No doubt that's what you're doing."

"I'm enjoying this very much kind Sir. Senpai, please notice me."

Both of them shared a spot of laughter, Jungkook dramatizing his eager-to-please mannerisms and Jimin soaking up the generous charisma of the boy.

"Okay so, here's your order!" Jungkook pushed the takeaway bag towards Jimin, its top sealed with a straight fold to compact its size.

Jimin eyed the bag with intrigue. The question that he had been pondering on was still on his mind.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I was about to say earlier that the portions seem to have increased lately, and I was wondering why?"

"A little extra doesn't ever hurt. Don't worry about it." Jungkook gave an easy smile.

"But I seem to be getting fruit as well, although I haven't ordered any?"

"That's good, that's good. Remember to eat well!" Jungkook couldn't stop to talk more with Jimin, as he needed to serve the next customer.

Jimin couldn't help but wonder if Jungkook was the mystery provider, secretly adding more nutrients to his regular lunch set to keep him well-fed.

 

__________

Author's Note A/N:

VMIN IS COMING. Meanwhile Jungkook is a nice distraction. 

Who unsubscribed to my story. :(

By the way, I hope those references to Grey's Anatomy's "McDreamy" weren't too cheesy. Haha. 

 

Here are some triggers that got me going on the next few closing chapters:

Taehyung looks tired in the below pic... it's kinda the perfect outfit I would imagine him to wear in the next chapter.