TaeTae

I'd Be Your Lifeline

“There are plenty of nicknames I can think of for you right now, but is not one of them.”

 

“Ah, I have something for you.” Jimin suddenly remembered that he had brought along an A4-sized journal with a black marker, and left it on the chair by the bed.

 

He took the journal upon his lap, as he shifted the chair closer to Taehyung and settled into it.

 

Taehyung surveyed Jimin’s actions with downturned lips, feigning indifference.

 

Jimin uncapped the black marker pen studiously, and with a twinkle in the corner of his eye, he tilted his head to pen the first words on a fresh page of the brand new journal. 

 

“TaeTae… told a… lie today…” Jimin began to read aloud as he wrote.

 

“He said he broke a glass on purpose. But it doesn’t matter. He’d pay for it someday.” 

 

Jimin looked up from under his floppy fringe, smiling like he believed he was entertaining.  

 

“What did you call me.” 

 

Jimin pushed the open journal towards Taehyung, the black marker lying over its inner spine in between pages waiting to be filled. 

 

“I just gave you a nickname, that’s all. No need to lose your head over it.”

 

Taehyung smirked, finding it refreshing to have someone dissing him. 

 

Why don’t we play along then, Taehyung thought. This might be just what I need right now.

 

“Fine.” Taehyung took over the journal, bending his back down to shield it from Jimin’s line of sight as he started to scribble on the page before him. 

 

His wrist ached a little, but he could write as long as he rested it on the bed without adding too much pressure.

 

Jimin lifted his eyebrows with much curiosity. He hadn’t expected Taehyung to warm up to the idea so quickly. Surely he must be writing some actual nonsense right now. 

 

Jimin was intending to scoot over and decipher Taehyung’s messy scribbling, when he caught sight of something he wasn’t sure if he were meant to see. 

 

Taehyung’s back was badly bruised. His back was spread with splotches of black and blue as far down as the hospital gown could cover up. 

 

Judging from the extent and menacing shade of the bruises, someone has been causing Taehyung grievous harm, and it wasn’t Taehyung himself.

---

Author's Note A/N:

Ahhhh, I gotta go sleep cuz it's a weekday. 

Here's a song that slays me, and it fits my feels of Vmin perfectly. 

 

Listen: Years & Years - Memo

Are you gonna hide are you gonna burn

Gonna answer me?

Let me take your heart  

Love you in the dark

Noone has to see