Gift

I'd Be Your Lifeline

"Was it you who packed my meals?"

"Yes."

"Did you think working here was the only way to be near me?"

"Yes."

"Did you stay away because of Jungkook?"

"...Partly..."

"Because you assumed I'm better off with him?"

"Yes..."

"What course are you studying?"

"English."

"What will you do after graduating?"

"Teach."

"What are your immediate thoughts for the future?"

"You."

"..........Do you want to be with me?"

"Yes."

"Would you quit this job if I asked you to?"

"...Ok?"

"And then move in with me?"

.

.

.

.

It didn't take long for Taehyung to take up on Jimin's offer. A couple of days later, Jimin was unprepared when he answered the door to the sight of Taehyung lugging a huge rucksack as though he had come to bunk in a backpacker's hostel. But of course, it wasn't that huge a surprise since he had shared his home address with Taehyung beforehand, however Taehyung had chosen to arrive on his doorstep at an unannounced timing.

"I'm your housewarming gift!" Taehyung declared, beaming from ear to ear and looking every bit as huggable as a stuffed teddy in a varsity jacket, layered with a snug woolen scarf that piled thickly on his shoulders and half-submerged his chin. (A/N: I swear you gotta click on every hotlink in this chapter, becuz I've linked GIFs)

Jimin loved how Taehyung was making a point to be ridiculous. According to Taehyung, being ridiculous was a pre-requisite to becoming a truly respectable primary school teacher. Jimin fought hard to keep a straight face through his giggles.

"Oh look, a stray puppy found its way to my house." 

"Yes. I demand that you feed me and give me a home, and in return you can kiss me and undress me anytime you like." Taehyung wriggled his eyebrows like he was already master of the house.

Jimin dissolved into a blushing mess, and barely managed to retort in deadpan disbelief.

"Seriously, Taehyung."

.

.

.

.

Months later, they easily fell into the routine of living together. There were no major arguments, because Taehyung would always cave first.

Taehyung wasn't used to being responsible for the upkeep of a household, but he badly wanted to shoulder his share of chores since Jimin's workload at the hospital was heavy enough as it is. Taehyung attempted to mop the house once, but mistakenly used a tile cleaner on the marble floor and dulled the marble polish considerably. Jimin made him promise to never touch the mop again, and they eventually settled on a mutually agreeable purchase of a robotic floor cleaner suitable for all types of surfaces which Taehyung had insisted to pay for.

Things like these were easy to resolve, since they both weren't the type to keep tab on housekeeping matters. A house was just a roof over their heads, and all that really mattered was having each other to come home to.

Taehyung would usually be the one who called first, to check on when to expect Jimin back home.

[Start of Video Conversation]

"Jimin ah."

"Tae Tae~"

"Won't you come back early today?"

"I really want to, but this is a crazy week for me..."

"Give me just one night off?"

"You know that all my free time is yours..."

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry, Tae... I know I haven't been home much lately..."

"You can't help being busy... Don't feel bad, Jiminie."

"How about I bring my work home tonight? I'd still have to work on stuff, but at least I can make you one of those epic Epsom salt foot baths which you were so loudly approving of the last time."

"Okay, come home quick."

"Okay."

[End of Video Conversation]

.

.

.

By the time Jimin did get home, it was almost 2 hours later. He had taken a shower and changed into comfortable clothes, before settling down at the dining table with his laptop. Taehyung dished out Jimin's portion of the simple bread and mushroom soup he'd prepared for the both of them, and promised to make it a bread bowl for novelty sake the next round.

Jimin had cradled Taehyung's neck in the crook of his arm and pecked him on the cheek, to which Taehyung just smiled tacitly.

They were more than halfway through the recommended time for soaking their feet in the foot bath they'd placed under the dining table, when Taehyung got up and crossed to the bedroom with squeaky feet. Jimin continued to work on his laptop.

When Taehyung returned to his seat at the dining table, Jimin was still typing away when he felt a cool weight sliding across his wrist. Taehyung had slipped a metal bracelet on his wrist while he hadn't noticed, and connected the clasp.

"What's this?" Jimin looked towards Taehyung, lifting his wrist to eye the bracelet curiously.

Taehyung assumed Jimin also meant to ask what the bracelet was for, because it was clear as day that it was a couple accessory.

"A gift. Look, I got myself one too." Taehyung smiled warmly at Jimin, sporting another exact bracelet on his own wrist.

"Out of the blue, a gift?"

"Do I need a reason to give you something?"

Jimin looked unconvinced and started going into thinking mode, evident from the way he was scrunching up his nose. It was a habit of his when his brain latched on to something and wouldn't let go.

"Don't overthink it." Taehyung got up and squished Jimin's cheeks between his palms. "I just got my paycheck, and I wanted to treat us to something."

"Oh gosh," Jimin beamed at his boyfriend with pride, and got even squishier. "I'm taking you out to eat strawberry bingsu, my treat next ok?"

Taehyung nodded with a grin which turned up the corners of his lips just slightly, and Jimin found that kind of mellow grin on him incredibly y but he was never going to let Taehyung in on that to save himself from embarrassment. Plus, there was work to be done. His urges can wait another night.

Taehyung's lips ghosted over Jimin's forehead, sending warm vibes through an already bashful Jimin. "I'm off to bed. Don't stay up too late."

Jimin hummed in reply, knowing that Taehyung's work routine always begins early in the day, preparing art supplies for the school kids or either writing words of encouragement on their juice boxes. Jimin was glad to see Taehyung happily occupied on most days, but for some reason Taehyung seemed a little more elusive than usual tonight and Jimin was concerned to know why. Was there something he had missed out on, seeing that he had been working many late nights?

Taehyung had already disappeared behind the bedroom door, and Jimin decided that he had best focus on finishing his work quickly so he might be able to sneak in a few winks with Taehyung later.

 

___

Author's Note A/N:

Am I horrendous at fluff? Lol.

Did you like the GIFs I scattered through the chapter? :)

Appreciate your comments/kudos/support as always ^^ So, domesticated vmin in the closing chaps for you...