Am I A Kid To You

I'd Be Your Lifeline

Taehyung just rolled his eyes, and resumed his smirking attitude of judging Jimin.

 

Silence fell between them for a few beats. Taehyung was temporarily restricted to the confines of his bed, so that leaves Jimin to make the first move. 

 

“Ah.” Jimin rose from his chair. He finally set eyes on the source of that sound of crashing glass from earlier. Scattered fragments of a water glass lay on the ground next to Taehyung.

 

“Did you want some water?” Jimin moved to press the call button for a nurse’s assistance. “Hold on, I’d have the glass replaced.”

 

“No, I didn’t.” Taehyung remarked. “I just wanted to wake you so I broke the glass.”

 

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows at Taehyung, but a nurse came along and they got the broken glass cleared out of the way first.

 

Taehyung noted that Jimin seemed to want to avoid leaving the room, passing muted messages to the nurse to bring over a new glass on his behalf. 

 

When the nurse returned, she was carrying a plastic tumbler. Jimin took the tumbler from her, and both of them exchanged a look of mutual understanding. “Thank you for taking care of it.” 

 

The nurse nodded dutifully and left the room. 

 

Taehyung had been slowly inching his way out from under his blanket by then, and carefully propped his back up against his pillow while his bandaged wrists lay slack at both sides of his thighs. His vision wandered from the departing nurse back to Jimin, as Jimin poured him water from the jug that still stood intact on the bedside table. 

 

Jimin stretched his hand to offer the water right under Taehyung’s nose, with an anticipatory look that prompted Taehyung to just ‘try and see’ if he can hold that water for himself.

 

“야 ya,” Taehyung looked up from the baby pink plastic tumbler to shoot Jimin a sour look. “Am I a kid to you?”

 

“It certainly seems that way if you’re gonna break things just to get my attention.” Jimin had a satisfied expression that he'd justified his case well. 

 

Taehyung closed his slack jaw with a gulp of saliva. He focused on the plastic cup before him, and was making a weak show of preparing to lift his inert wrists to hold the cup steady. 

 

But Jimin didn't need to go that far. 

 

"I'm joking, take it easy." He placed his free hand lightly upon Taehyung's shoulder to ease him back against the pillow.

 

"I'd help you. Open up." Jimin demonstrated making an 'aaah' sound with his open mouth. Taehyung was powerless to object, since he wanted to avoid the greater embarrassment of Jimin finding out that he couldn't have broken the glass intentionally even if he wanted to. His slashed wrists currently didn't have the strength for that.

 

Taehyung lifted his chin to drink up the water which Jimin was offering to him in sips. He decided that this called for a customary "Thanks" for Jimin's proactive help was generally considered as a favour.

 

It was a mystery to Taehyung why Jimin still bothered to hang around.

 

"I can help myself if I just had a straw, you know." Taehyung mumbled, reluctant to lose his claim on the final word. He did not have a habit of being dependent on others. 

 

"Nope, the nurse is going to make sure you don't hold any glasses on your own for a while. Not until you recover properly." 

 

"That's ridiculous. I'm not a baby."

 

"Not treating you like one. You just got to let yourself recover for a bit."

 

"I told you I broke that thing on purpose."

 

"No, you didn't."

 

"Yes, I did."

 

"No, you didn't."

 

"Yes, I did."

 

Taehyung and Jimin were just shooting arrows at each other with their widening eyes, when Jimin took the role of game-changer.

 

"You can't expect me to believe that. I know for a fact that you don't have AIDS."

 

"If I did, would you still be here?" Taehyung was geared up for confrontation. "No, no. The question is, why are you still here despite the fact that I'm a lying ?"

 

Jimin did not back off despite the temper that was quickly taking over Taehyung. He wasn't immune to outbursts of anger either, but he certainly knew how to recollect himself.

 

"There are plenty of nicknames I can think of for you right now, but is not one of them." 

 

---

 

Author's Note A/N:

 

Thank you for subscribing! Please continue reading! I'm INFIRES by lovely subscribers and comments! Love yall much much. Vmin feels be killin' me, I already have the in my head, but I haven't reached that point in my story yet *smirk*