4 O'Clock - Crime/Detective AU

I'd Be Your Lifeline

Author's Note: 

Almost died when the 4 o'clock song was released. 

I haven't stopped screaming inside.

My guts are spilling out with too much feels, and this sketch of a story came to me. All this because of one song.


 

 

Chapter: "RED" - Rage & Desire

Jimin's profile:  The bold young man, crown prince of the underworld who doesn’t want the birthright.

 

His mum and little brother were killed in the struggle by the king pin dad’s henchmen to take him as the eldest son away, so he can inherit the right to reign.

Jimin was a fierce little delinquent who was just a misguided youth with no sense of identity, and although he felt estranged from his mother as he knew she was keeping secrets from him, he came to realise when his mum was killed that she kept secrets from him for his own good. 

Jimin’s birthright is represented by a small crescent moon on his angle. He could easily use this to gain ceremonious entry to the gang, but he needed to track his elusive father down first. He didn’t only want to kill his father and be done with it. He wanted to cripple the whole gang's operation from inside out. 

He made use of Taehyung to gain access to police records for research purpose. He claimed that he was an undercover cop gone rogue and hence fired from the police force. He made up a sob story that he went crazy violent because thugs shot his family (which wasn’t that far from the truth either)

Taehyung believed Jimin because they met in a crossfire on said gang's territory, and Jimin pulled him out of harm's way.

 

Taehyung's profile: The detective who had Jimin reach for his while their hands were tied behind their backs.

Because Taehyung had a swiss knife in his back pocket that could cut them free of the ropes. Why not. Fight me. 

While Jimin is well adjusted and easily adapts to any situation (aka smooth AF), Taehyung is a weird sort with all his quirks, but his clever inventiveness makes up for his lack of physical grace. He lets Jimin lead him on, because Jimin's charisma is capable of anything.

 

Chapter: "BLUE" - Sorrow

Taehyung begins to suspect that Jimin is suffering needlessly, and perhaps he wants more than to bring the gang's operations down. Perhaps Jimin is inching too close towards chaos and destruction, and there is noone to hold him back but Taehyung.

Taehyung: "Why are you crying? You and I are the only ones here."  

                   "야 Yah pabo ah, don't save your tears for me..." 

                   "Why don't you love yourself... Is my love enough for us then"  

His confession went unspoken in words, but came clear through actions. He started to piece together the puzzle of Jimin's birthmark and the access it could grant him. 

On nights that he held Jimin while the boy cried terrified tears from his dreams, "I can make it go away Jimin. Do you want me to make it go away..."

 

Jimin was always hesitant to return the affection. He never meant to hurt Taehyung, but little did he know that he pushed Taehyung away in more ways than one.

"Who are you to make me stay?" 

Taehyung watched Jimin's diminishing back view going further away into the shadows of the night, and he thought he might never see Jimin again.

"I only wanted to make you happy... I guess it's not enough..."

 

 

Chapter: "PURPLE" - Love & Trust

Taehyung delivered himself to the gang, with a tattoo in the shape of Jimin's birthmark. He was accepted at first. The Mafia King Pin recognizes the birth mark only and not the face, since Jimin was brought into hiding by his mother when he was a mere infant child.

There was a slip of identity, and Taehyung was forced into a video call with Jimin while gangsters twisted his arm.

"Jimin, I got this. Don't try to find me."

The call ended while riled up gangsters flexed their arms slamming against Taehyung with bloodlust.

 

 

Jimin finds Taehyung bleeding out on the floor after everything has been taken care of.

JM (crying): Taehyung

TH (weakly): You found me...

JM (sobs): Yes yes...

TH (smiles faintly): I thought maybe you didn't care...

JM (tearing and hugging TH tighter): I care... I care... I care about you a lot... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Please don't leave me...

 

 


Author's Note:

I don't actually know what is Taehyung's master plan.

WHAT HAS VMIN DONE TO ME. NOW I NEED A MOODBOARD. 

 

  

 

If I were to ever flesh this out, this story would be in 3 chapters, and why named with colors? Firstly because Taehyung's beautiful 4 O'Clock song represents Red and Blue in the lyrics as emotions, and I really like that. And he made up his own meaning for purple, which is kinda cute.

 

How long more will I ship vmin? Very long maybe. They continue to surprise me, and I adore them. 

As much as I regret that it's really difficult for me to find time to write, I really really felt the need to get this down.

Namjoon and Taehyung are so fckin talented, I cry