Burn

I'd Be Your Lifeline

"You know, sometimes I wish I did have amnesia back then... Maybe you wouldn't have walked away so easily." Tears spilled down Jimin's cheeks as Taehyung locked eyes with him desperately, still at a loss for words. 

"I'm tired of chasing after you. And if you don't need me like I need you... Then I'm really gone this time."

He would be the one who leaves this time, not the one who gets left behind.

Taehyung was unable to reply. He couldn't make Jimin understand just how badly he needed him, because he was scared of admitting it even to himself. Jimin had saved him from suicide. Jimin was his only reason for living. If ever Jimin chose to let go, he would have nothing.

Jimin couldn't say he was disappointed at Taehyung's lack of response. He was just sorry to have assumed that Taehyung might love him back, and sorry that he allowed himself to cry over Taehyung. That's why he was turning around to walk away.

He had yet to take one step, when his wrist was caught by long and slender fingers. He turned back to come face-to-face with deeply imploring eyes, as though a whole world revolved in having him reflected in them. Taehyung looked at Jimin like he was meant to only look at him. Taehyung's eyes begged for him to stay.

"Please don't give me up." Taehyung whispered in anguish, eyes poring over Jimin's face feverishly. "I can't even love myself, I was scared to love you."

A flicker of hope found its way across Jimin's subdued eyes. Taehyung shivered from a passing draft of wind, and seemed to be struggling to remain standing on his own feet. He swayed like a wilting leaf in the wind, but reserved enough strength to slide a hand over Jimin's moist cheek.

"Can you give me some time..." Taehyung pleaded like he was wrecked to have caused Jimin tears. "Give me some time to treat you right..."

Jimin immediately jumped at the heated temperature that came over his cheek, and instinctively grabbed hold of Taehyung's hand in his own. He affirmed that Taehyung was in fact running a high fever.

"You're burning up!"

The worried look Jimin had once again took over everything else. Why did Jimin worry about him so much. It was too much for Taehyung to handle. He wished Jimin would stop all of that - those glossy eyes with half-parted plump lips that inched lower to meet Taehyung's dipping eyeline, and all that stuck in Taehyung's brain was Jimin's voice echoing that he was burning up.

"Yes I am, I am..." 

Taehyung hadn't spared a moment to think when he pressed his lips against Jimin's and felt a fire light his whole being. He had been so careful around Jimin, never wanting to hold on too tight for fear that Jimin would break under pressure. But now Taehyung knows that he's the weak one. Jimin was strong and radiant — and he had just been afraid to dim Jimin's future with nothing to promise.

But, Jimin was here. And despite his initial shock at Taehyung's sudden takeover, Jimin had closed the gap between them with fingers running down the back of Taehyung's neck, nearly the breath out of him with the way he smothered his lips over Taehyung's eager parched mouth. Jimin slipped in the tip of his tongue quiveringly as if he needed permission to gain entry, and he didn't even need to try because Taehyung would always want him. Taehyung had practically been sick with desire ever since he realized he couldn't stay away from Jimin for long, and Jimin wanting him back was a relentless wish which if fulfilled, he could die with no regrets.

But enough about dying. Who could spare a thought on dying when Jimin was kissing him slow and deep, and blowing his mind and every single one of his senses, making him dysfunctional. Taehyung grappled with Jimin's collar and drew him closer still to entwine their tongues, and it felt like flames flickering in the heat of the moment. And though Taehyung was kissing sloppily with extreme thirst for more, Jimin met him more than halfway with his guiding hand on Taehyung's nape to ease them both into a long-drawn make out sess mostly involving Taehyung bounding forward zealously and Jimin receiving him with equal fervour, and yet pacing them out with more pronounced affection.

They kissed like the world might end. They kissed like they might turn to dust if they didn't. And Taehyung felt his knees giving out, as he slumped against Jimin. Jimin felt Taehyung draw a stilted breath and quickly caught on to Taehyung before his limbs went crumpling to the floor.

"Taehyung?!"

Jimin called out anxiously, complying Taehyung to lean against him and realizing Taehyung was shivering badly, teeth chattering in the cold despite wearing layers of sweaters under his thick flannel lined jacket. Taehyung was burning like a hot coal under his touch.

"We have to get you inside right now."

Before Taehyung could make any form of protest, Jimin lifted him off his feet and hurried towards the hospital entrance. Taehyung's face was cradled against Jimin's chest but overwhelming dizziness made him forget his embarrassment. Still, he wasn't willing to have Jimin worry over him.

"Don't worry Jiminie... It's just that I was standing through shift work earlier.. Just need to lie down... I can take care of myself..."

Taehyung rambled on faintly, eyelids fluttering in a weak attempt to stay open so he might reassure Jimin with a brief and fitful look.

"You clearly can't take care of yourself, so I'm going to take care of you."

Jimin made it clear that there was no room for argument. He clutched Taehyung towards himself in a firm and steady hold, but his voice had wavered a little when he looked pointedly at Taehyung's droopy-eyed smile and couldn't bring himself to reproach him for neglecting his health, ironically to bring him upsized lunch meals with added nutrients.

"Why is it always you..." Taehyung breathed softly, exhaustion appearing to overtake him as his head nestled in the crook under Jimin's arm. Jimin's heart sank as he briefly wondered if that was not enough. 

"I only have you..." Taehyung whispered, and Jimin exhaled the breath he had been holding. He lowered his gaze at Taehyung who had shut his eyes and was now probably in a dream dimension of his own, because incoherent little noises started to escape from his twitchy nose and mouth moments later. Jimin readjusted Taehyung's curled up frame so that his arm stretched across Taehyung's back more securely, and Taehyung just sagged against him with his fringe flopping over his eyes like he was completely spent.

Jimin quickly got Taehyung settled on a bed in a shared ward, since hospital beds were not readily available, and called for a nurse to bring some ibuprofen and keep Taehyung's condition monitored. It might be a few hours before Taehyung's fever would subside, and Jimin hoped to be able to properly find out then if Taehyung meant to stay by his side.

 

 

___

Author's Note A/N:

So I still can't write , because I'm an innocent bunny yah. LOL

But I decided that VMIN definitely calls for a kiss, it's inevitable when it comes to feels of soft vmin. Hell I even think and write about their soft and floppy HAIR. This calls for some VMIN appreciation pictures, please enjoy.

Was it okay the way I brought VMIN back? I really like to play on their insecurities huh. :P Instead of ending the story on a date, I'm thinking of a more domesticated scene. Or maybe just wrap it in hospital, since hospital AU. Hehe.

I can't find the artist to credit anywhere... the below one with credit

Taehyung pouts bcuz Jimin's not there to play with him (this series of pics needs a stand-alone fanfic)

WHAT IS THIS SPAM. It's not like I'm writing about their honeymoon  -________-