Split

Just have to let go

 

It was Sunday night and you had nothing to do. As usual, you logged into your Twitter account. You realised most of your friends were online. By most means all the usual five. You were busy watching music videos in Youtube and you just let the timeline run while the window is minimised. After long, you checked your twitter. “5 New Tweets” you read.

Justme (Lee Gikwang)

YESS!!! FINALS ARE OVER!! :DD

DJindahouse (Yoon Doojoon)

@Justme yah.. don’t forget you still have PROJECT WORK and LANGUAGE EXAM! HAHAHA!! XD

 Lifesux (Cho Hyemi)

@DJindahouse @Justme aishh! Shut up Doojoon! We ALL know you have taken both of that last year. Theres no need to BRAG. -.-

ItsJiyeon (Park Jiyeon)

@DJindahouse @Justme yeah yeah.. go and enjoy by yourself while your friends suffer in silence…

TheJokerIsHere (Yong Junhyung)

Have you guys checked our new classes for Language Intensive?? We are split! Only me and @thenameIS is in the same class. :/ @Justme @DJindahouse @Lifesux @ItsJiyeon

 

Your eyes widened as you read the last tweet. You and Junhyung are the only ones in your clique that is going to be in the same class?? Immediately you typed in your school’s student portal and checked the classes.

It is true. You started to panic. Why am I panicking? Aren’t I supposed to be happy? I get to be with him more! Why the hell am I panicking? Or is this a nervous feeling?

You were pretty much confused by your own feelings. But one thing is for sure, that new class list, ain’t going to change.

Panicked tweets and pissed off tweets, soon flooded your timeline. You were too stunned to reply to anything. Some were even asking if you were online or not. It was chaotic.

You realised it wasn’t such a big deal. All of you still get to meet each other during Project Work even though all of you are from different groups. The remaining two weeks of school is just full of Project Work and Language Intensive. Yes. You still have two more exams to clear before going for the holidays. School is pretty much torturing.

The next day, all of you went straight to your classroom for Project Work (PW). Everything went as per normal and it was time for Language Intensive. You and Junhyung went out of the class together to go to a different class. Jiyeon followed the both of you since she wanted to go to the toilet that was along the way.

You were talking to Jiyeon about being alone in class since Hyemi and Jiyeon will be in the same class.

“Alone? Isn’t Junhyung in the same class as you?”Jiyeon asked.

“Yeah he is. But you know him. He’s so damn popular that I bet one of his many friends would be in the class and poof! I’m alone.” You said as if Junhyung was not right beside you.

“I can hear you Hyuna. I don’t have that much friends okay. Even if I do, I wouldn’t leave you. That’s a promise.” Junhyung said and smiled slightly.

You can feel yourself blushing and turned towards Jiyeon so that Junhyung will not see your tomato face. Jiyeon giggled and smiled widely to you.

“You see? Junhyung will never leave you! Take good care of her Junhyung!” Jiyeon said and she made her way into the toilet.

Junhyung chuckled a little and the both of you walked into the class in silence. Some of your other classmates were already there and so does some other students from other classes.

There were two empty seats left at the end of the long table and the both of you sat beside each other. The teacher came and the lesson started.

At the end of the lesson, you packed your bag, getting ready to leave. You noticed Junhyung had packed faster and he was no longer beside you. He had left so soon? And he said he wouldn’t leave me. How contradicting. You let out a soft sigh and packed your bag. As you slung your bag over your shoulders, you noticed someone standing by the back door. It was Junhyung and he was smiling.

You were slightly shocked that he was actually still there. You stood still until he voiced out.

“Done packing?” Junhyung smiled.

You were snapped out of your thoughts and nodded. The rest of the students had already left the classroom. As you walked towards him, smiling, he stretched out his right arm. You weren’t really sure what he meant by that. But as you got closer, he reached down for your hand and held it.

“Let’s go meet the others!” Junhyung said cheerfully. You can’t believe it. You are walking with Yong Junhyung holding hands! From far, both of you pretty much look like a couple.

 

Both of you saw that they have not finished their class yet even though the bell had rung. The two of you just stood outside the class leaning towards the metal railing, arms resting on them and faced the open field, back facing the classroom. You two were really close that your arms were touching slightly.

“Not so bad being the only ones in the class huh?” Junhyung broke the silence and smiled.

You chuckled. “Yeah. Besides, we don’t really need to talk when in class right? Just listening to the teacher.”

Junhyung nodded. “Hyuna, can I ask you something?”

You nodded while looking at him.

“Do you think.. now is a good time to be in a relationship? I mean, we are still schooling.” He asked.

You were quite taken aback by his random question. You tried to relax a little so that you can think of an answer.

“I think it depends. Sometimes being in a relationship can help to motivate you to do better. You know, like help each other out, studying together. But it also can distract you if you are like, having too much fun together. And if something goes wrong in the relationship, it might affect your studies.”

As you were talking, Junhyung turned to you who was still facing the field. He looked at you tentatively, listening to every word you say. As you finished, you faced him.

Both of you look at each other for few seconds which seemed to feel like hours. You were feeling awkward and looked away. Junhyung smiled.

“You’re right. I never thought of it that way. So what about you? Do you think you’re the type who is still able to focus if you have a boyfriend?” Junhyung said.

You didn’t know what to answer. Mainly because you don’t know the answer yourself. You let out a short sigh. Aishh… what’s with the weird topic Junhyung…?

“Honestly, I don’t really know myself. But maybe it’s best not to risk it.” You answered simply.

Chattering of people talking and walking out of the class soon broke the atmosphere. You smiled as you know the class is finally over. As you turned, you caught Junhyung’s eyes that were looking at his fingers. You tilted your head slightly. His face was quite serious as if he was in deep thought.

“Junhyung?” you called out his name softly and touched his upper arm gently.

He snapped out from his thoughts and faced you. He just smiled.

“Finally! Class is over! Let’s go eat!” Gikwang said as he and the rest walked towards the both of you.

 

HELOO!! IM BACKK! well nothing much to say except, I hope you enjoy this chapter! keep on reading yea? :D COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS LOVED!! i hope there are no silent readers! comment comment and if you want, tell me if theres anything to improve and i'll look into it! :D