The Next Morning

Just have to let go

 

You wake up with a smile plastered on your face. You even beat your alarm clock as you wake up before your alarm sounds. You were too excited for the Water Park! Oh who are you kidding. Forget the Water Park, as long as you can see him. Now you can finally say it.I can’t wait to see my boyfriend. Lame, but it’s what you’ve been hoping for eversince you laid your eyes on him.

You got ready and made sure you were extra ‘decent’ today. You wouldn’t say pretty coz you don’t even know if you’re even pretty in the first place. It’s called humble. Today is the first time he’s going to see you in a bikini. And not to forget, it’s also your first time seeing him topless. I wonder if he has six packs. You chuckled as you thought of it.

 

You reach school at about 7.15am when the bus is only coming at 8. The school was still quite empty with only a few students sitting around at the lobby and the teachers were walking around. Probably busy with admin matters. You eyes caught a familiar figure sitting at one of the benches at the lobby. Junhyung. A guy was sitting across him and seems like he was talking non-stop. You chuckled as you saw Junhyung about to doze off and yawning widely. He tried his best to smile and nod at everything the guy, who you assume is one of his friends, was talking about. Maybe I should save him from the torture.

You walked towards them and stood beside Junhyung.

“Morning~” you said in a song-like way.

Both of them was startled by your sudden appearance and looked at you. “Morning!” the guy said. Its obvious he had more than enough sleep yesterday night. Junhyung looked up at you who is standing directly beside him and his sleepy face suddenly light up.

He smiled widely until his eyes could no longer be seen. He stood up and turned to his friend. “Taekyung-ah, I’m going with Hyuna first.”

“Where you’re going? The bus isn’t here yet,” Taekyung asked but Junhyung is already walking away with your hand in his, smiling proudly.

You laughed as both of you left the clueless Taekyung. He brought you to one of the stairs that was facing the wide carpark where the bus would enter. Both of you sat down side by side.

“You just reached?” Junhyung asked.

You turned to him and nodded. You were about to ask why he came so early when he yawned. “What time did you sleep last night?”

You and Junhyung talked for awhile last night after the ‘confession’. You told him that you were sleepy and that both of you have to wake up early the next morning. So you slept right after both of you hang up. You were lucky that Junhyung wasn’t the chessy type of guy who would start the no-you-hang-up ‘game’.

He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. “Er.. right after we hang up..”

There was something different about how he said it. Its like the sentence was left hanging.

“You sure?” you raised your eyebrows when he turned to look at you.

He his dry lips and puffed his cheeks. Why is he so shy all of a sudden?

“Fiveee….. thir…ty?” he said cutely. Your eyes widened.

“And then what time did you wake up??”

“Ssssssiiixxxx…” He was extremely cute. He sounded exactly like how a kid would answer his mother when he did something wrong.

Your mouth gaped open. Why did he sleep so late?? No wonder he’s so tired!

As he saw your mouth opened wide, he said suddenly. “I can explain!”

Your head tilted, gesturing for him to explain. You weren’t assuming anything bad, but since he said he wanted to explain, might as well hear it.

“I know its cheesy since I’m not that kind of person but err… I was kinda feeling… too excited. You know, to see you today.”

Your cheeks turn into many shades of pink and smiled to yourself. You turned away from looking at him and faced the skies instead. And I thought I was the only one.

Both of you were silent for awhile, just listening to the students coming in and the wind blowing to our faces. After what Junhyung had said, both of you suddenly remembered that you were no longer normal close friends. You're his girlfriend and he's your boyfriend. Maybe that brought up the awkward moment.

“Do you think the rest has come?” You asked, breaking the silence. The ‘rest’ meaning Hyemi, Gikwang, Jiyeon and Doojoon.

 You waited for his reply, still facing the skies. Okay it’s either he’s thinking extremely slow or…

You turned your head towards him. “Jun-“

His head was hanging low with his arms hugging his knees. You peeked to his face and saw that he was in deep sleep. You let out a soft chuckle seeing his sleeping face. No wonder he was so quiet. You saw the buses driving into the school and parked.

Some students are already rushing to go into the bus. You turned to Junhyung who was still sounding asleep. You leaned closer to his arms that were partly covering his face as they hugged his knees.

“Jun… Juunnhyuunnggg….” You cooed his name softly while tapping on his arm.

He opened his eyes slowly and looking up. His face was still sleepy and he rubbed his face with both his palms. He his lips and turned to you with half-opened eyes. You smiled sweetly.

“The bus is here,” you said.

He turned towards the bus with his eyebrows frowning. He yawned and blinked a few times. He turned to you and smiled. “Gaja!”

He stood up and pulled you up before you could stand on your own. His fingers linked with yours as the both of you walked to the bus. Many heads turned, looking  staring at the both of you. Junhyung didn’t seem to care as his smiled happily, walking to the bus. He’s not bothered by it, why should I?

The both of you sat at the most back two-seat, right infront of the most backrow that can be seated by 5 people. Since you led the way in the bus, you sat by the window. you felt a vibration in your pocket and reached out for your handphone.

It was a message from Hyemi.

Hyuna-yah! Has the bus left yet? We are going to be quite late but reaching soon! Tell Mr Jung for us pleeeaaasseee… Don’t leave without us! From Hyemi, Doojoon, Jiyeon and Gikwang.

You chuckled. So typical of them. Always late. You’re going to wait until Mr Jung comes in to do a head count and then you will tell him that they are late.

“Is that Hyemi?” Junhyung asked, peeking at your phone.

You laughed a little. “How did you guess?”

He showed you his handphone with the same message that was sent to you on the screen. Both of you laughed and shake your heads.

Junhyung yawned again. Obviously he’s still sleepy. “Junhyung-ah, why not you sleep first? When Mr Jung comes in, I’ll tell him they are late.”

He nodded and smiled. “Thanks Hyuna. Sorry if I’m a bore. When the bus starts moving, wake me up alright? So you won’t be bored the whole journey.”

You nodded and turned to the window. You felt a weight on your right shoulder. You turned and saw that Junhyung was sleeping, leaning his head on your shoulder comfortably. You just smiled and took out your earpiece. You played the song “If You And I” by Juris and put your hand on your lap. Suddenly Junhyung’s hand took hold of your hand and linked his fingers with yours, resting both hands on your lap. Clearly you were shocked by his actions. You thought he was already awake, but when you turned to face him, he was still sleeping. Your heart skipped many beats but you didn’t care. You were happy how close you are with Junhyung. You turned to the window once again and rested your head slightly on top of his head.

A smile crept out from Junhyung’s lips.

 

 

Heyyy!!! I think I just updated like 2 days ago right? haha! seems like i cant stay away. i already thought about the things that happen in the Water Park and wanted to put it in this chapter. but i guess i got carried away and i didnt want this chapter to be too long. so wait until the next chapter yeah? :D COMMENT COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBEE!! LOVE YOUUUUU!!! <333