Caring friends

Just have to let go

Firstly, i must say this chapter dont really have Junhyung in it. but hes sure to come back on the next chapter! :D


 After school ends, you had a photo-shoot session from Photography Club. As you were waiting in the studio, you sat with Gikwang who was also in the same club as you.

“Argh not again..” you cussed under your breath as you saw that your shoelaces were untied yet again. You bent down, still sitting on your chair and tried to figure out a new way to tie them so that they won’t be untied again. You were turning your shoelaces round and round when Gikwang spoke.

“Yah Kim Hyuna. You don’t know how to tie shoelace??”

You looked up at him and said, “Of course I do! But the knot keeps getting untied!” you went back to tying your shoelace the normal way.

“No wonder. That’s not how you tie them. It’s different from the way I tie mine. Let me show you.” Gikwang said proudly.

You sat up straight and looked at your shoe. Am I supposed to take my shoe and give it to him? You stretched your leg outwards and turned to him. “Show me then.”

He bent down from his seat and started tying your shoelace. You were shocked by his actions. You thought that he would pass some cocky remarks, like telling me to pay him or admitting that he is the most handsome guy on earth. Just like he always do when you want him to do something. You felt your heart beats faster when he was tying your shoelace. Why am I feeling this way? Of course I have a slight crush on him. But that was a long time ago! I like Junhyung now, not him. Right?

He finished tying and sat back up. “There you go. I’m 101% sure that it will NOT be untied again.” He said, smiling proudly. You just rolled your eyes. “We’ll see..”

The photo-session was over after a few minutes. You and Gikwang went to the café to meet the rest of the group.

Along the way to the bus interchange, Gikwang was walking at the front while constantly texting on his phone. Doojoon, Hyemi and Junhyung walked in threes behind him and you and Jiyeon were at the back. The trio know very well who Gikwang was texting and started teasing him. You knew about it too but not as much as the three of them.

“Baby, what are you doing now? I’m on my way home now.” Hyemi teased, imitating Gikwang’s voice.

“Yes baby. I’m so tired now. Have you eaten?” Doojoon’s turn to imitate Gikwang.

You and Jiyeon just laughed seeing the three of them imitating the conversation between Gikwang and Euri. Gikwang just continued walking without turning behind. At one junction, all of us stopped to wait for the green man before crossing. You could see that Gikwang was avoiding eye contact as he kept looking at his phone. His facial expression was also very angry. Seeing that the three of them had stopped talking, you thought that they were going to stop teasing him. Obviously, you thought wrong.

“Euri-ah, my friends are all teasing me about us you know.” Doojoon said with a very gay voice.

Junhyung continued, “Forget about them! I don’t want to talk to them anymore. I’d just talk to you ok?” He then pulled a sulking face.

Gikwang continued ignoring them even though you, Hyemi and Jiyeon could not stop laughing. Seeing that he did not find it funny, Hyemi told the guys to stop. “Stop it guys. I think he’s really angry now.”

Suddenly there was an awkward silence. They stared at each other and then at Gikwang. Out of the blue, Doojoon hugged Gikwang from the front. It was really shocking but cute, seeing the big and tall Doojoon hugging the slightly small Gikwang. All of you laughed and it broke a smile from Gikwang too. Most probably he was also shocked by Doojoon’s randomness.

The green man finally light up and you crossed the road. At one stop, there weren’t any traffic lights. Although there is a big sign saying “Use Pedestrian crossing” , most people do not heed it and neither did your group. You were always paranoid when it comes to crossing roads. Maybe because you had an experience of nearly getting hit by a car. But eversince you hang out with your group, you just follow their lead. All of you had always crossed there before when going back from school but this time the road was completely packed with vehicles.

As most of the cars stopped when the traffic light at the far end of the pedestrian crossing turns red, all of them rushed in between the cars to cross. As they reached the other side, they realised that you were left behind.

You did not dare to rush like them. You decided to just wait until the road was clear. But being the protective person he is, Doojoon rushed back to you. The rest of your friends could not stop laughing, seeing how overprotective Doojoon was. Although you keep shoo-ing your hands to Doojoon, telling him not to come back, he just ignored.

When he reached you, he held your hand and crossed with you holding up his other hand to on coming vehicles. You felt like an elderly being scouted by a young scout! As you reached the end, the others kept on saying, “Aww.. so sweet..” You just rolled your eyes.

Of course, I’m thankful for him taking care of me. But seriously Doojoon?? Do you have to do this?


awww... so sweet.. :D thank you all for your comments and i really love reading them! i'll try to update but you know, homeworks pending.. I LOVE YOU ALL! :D