Final

Just have to let go

So this is it. The FINAL chapter for Just Have To Let Go. I hope its not a disappointment. but remember! im already starting on the SEQUEL just that i didnt post it up yet. I'll post the poster at the of the chapter so you can get a vivid idea of what will happen. :D other than that, enjoy!

 

 

 

How could this happen to me….

You were listening to ‘Untitled’ by Simple Plan when your phone vibrated. You opened your eyes and looked at the caller id. Junhyung.

You smiled for a second but then your smile faded and you sighed.

“Junhyung-ah~” you said with your sweetest voice.

He chuckled. “Baby.. what are you doing?”

You blushed. That was the first ever time he called you ‘Baby’. You giggled.

“Nothing much. Just listening to songs. Miss me already?” you chuckled.

“Ani. I’m doing you a favour because I know you’re thinking of me.” He laughed.

You could totally imagine him smirking right now. He was right actually. You were thinking about him. That’s the reason why you were listening to sad emo songs. You’re thinking on how to break it to him. That….. you can’t be together.

Noticing that you were being too quiet, he said, “Hyuna? You’re still there?”

You smiled. “Neh.. Junhyung-ah, can we meet up tomorrow?”

He chuckled. “Looks like someone is already missing me. Of course baby. Where do you want to go?”

“Can we go to The Waterfront maybe?” you asked. Your heart is beating fast knowing exactly what you are going to say to him tomorrow.

“Okay! Maybe we can grab a bite afterwards?” Junhyung sounded happy. Excited to see you tomorrow. He had no idea what is in store for him.

“Neh..” you answered simply. You knew you started to sound sad but you just couldn’t help it. You can’t bear to see the disappointed face on Junhyung. Reminiscing the moments the both of you shared within this short week, you know his heart is not the only one that is going to be broken. Tears started rolling down your cheeks and you sobbed, forgetting that Junhyung was at the other end of the line.

“Hyuna? Are you.. crying? Baby why are you crying? Did someone make you sad? Is it me? Did I do something?” Junhyung was very concerned over the phone. His voiced panicked hearing your sobs.

You tried to find an excuse as fast as you can. You faked a chuckle. “Aniyo~ I’m having a slight flu Jun.” you even tried to use a bit of aegyo in your voice to cover up your quivering voice.

You heard him sigh. “Right… no wonder. You should rest Hyuna-yah. I don’t want your sick to get worst arasso? Sleep now baby. We’ll talk again tomorrow.”

You smiled sadly. You are sure going to miss his care. His concerned and gentle voice.

“Neh Junhyung. I’ll sleep now,” you said softly.

“Goodnight Hyuna.” Then he whispered, “Saranghae.”

The line was silent but you didn’t hear him hang up. More tears flooded your eyes. You hang up.

 

 

Wind blows passed you causing your hair to be slightly messy. You fixed your hair while facing the open sea. Suddenly a pair of arms circled your waist, body leaning close to you.

“Remember this?” Junhyung voiced, close to your ears.

You chuckled. He rested his chin on your shoulder and rocked you back and forth slowly. His fingers linked on your stomach comfortably.

You leaned back. You thought over your words again. Now is the time Hyuna. Do it.

“Junhyung…” you started.

“Hm?” he asked as he stopped rocking back and forth.

“Tomorrow is our last day. You know.. the one week trial,” you reminded him.

You felt his body stiffened for awhile but then relax again.

“And…?” he asked.

“I.. I don’t think.. it’s going to work. I mean, I don’t want… I don’t want to continue this,” you said with a heavy heart. You felt as if a dagger just stabbed you right through your heart. Your tears are already welling up in your eyes.

Junhyung’s arms loosened around you and he lifted his chin from your shoulder. He held your shoulders and turned you to face him. You kept your head down until he lifted your head by your chin.

You couldn’t hold back your tears any longer and they rolled down, onto his hand that was cupping your chin.

“Why Hyuna?” he spoke softly. He raised his eyebrows slightly.

You sobbed uncontrollably. You blinked a few times to stop your tears. You were trying to avoid looking at him eversince he turned you. You looked at his eyes. You don’t want to hide anything from him. You don’t want him to misunderstand the reason why you are doing this. You hope he will understand.

“J-junhyung... i don’t.. my mind is..” you breathe out. You couldn’t find the words.

“Many girls.. doesn’t approve of me… being.. being close with.. with you,” you said between the sobs.

“It bothers me. I feel unsafe. I feel… threatened. What if it affects my studies? Thinking about it too much?” you said sadly, tears never seemed to stop flowing.

“Hyuna, I’ll protect you. I’ll never let them do anything to harm you,” he said convincingly. He wiped your tears away with his thumb as he cupped your face with his hands.

“But you’re not always with me.”

Junhyung looked up trying hard not to cry but he failed by a tear. He his lips and looked elsewhere while his hands were now on your shoulders.

He bit his lower lip as he knows he couldn’t find any other solution. He looked at you.

“I can’t..-“ he couldn’t find any words to say and you just nodded.

He pulled you into an embrace and you were wrapped securely in his arms. He whispered closely to your ears, “I will always love you.”

You hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. But both of you knew, you just have to let go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EPILOGUE

 

I walked along the corridors, clutching my books to my chest. The classrooms were empty but I could hear my own memories coming back to live as I stared into the empty room. The six of us, happily laughing at each other’s jokes. Hyemi shouting as Gikwang teases her. Jiyeon and me supporting Hyemi when she was beating Gikwang. Doojoon trying to pull Hyemi away from Gikwang. Junhyung patting Gikwang’s back for him to calm down.

I smiled at the memory. I sighed. It’s not the same anymore this year. I continued walking, passing the café that all of us used to hang out. Once again, their laughters came back to live. I turned, only to be disappointed by a group of freshmen happily laughing. It reminded me of us. Now its just a faint memory.

As I walked past the café, I came across Gikwang. He was with his group of juniors. His friends now I supposed. I tried to smile when he saw me. As expected, he just turned away and talked to his new friends. It had happened quite a few times this year and I wonder why I even bother to try. Why did he change, is still a question left unanswered.

I walked past the library, the place where we all studied or rather, hang out if the weather is extremely hot. I walked down the stairs, towards the gate that was still far away. I looked at my phone. Still no call or message from Doojoon. He’s been so busy working that he didn’t keep in touch with us for a long time.

As I made a turn, I bumped into Junhyung. He was alone as usual. I smiled, he smiled. I continued walking and so does he. Those actions have become a norm now. I saw Hyemi and Jiyeon standing at the gate, waiting impatiently. They waved as they saw me. I waved back. They are the only ones who didn’t change. Who are still together with me even though they had to repeat another year. They too, like me, hoped that everything would change back like how it used to be. That’s all we could do. Hope.

 

 

So thats the final!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE WHO HAD SUBSCRIBED AND READ TILL THE END! I REALLYY LOVE YOUR SUPPORT AND HOPE YOU WILL CONTINUE SUPPOSRTING MY OTHER FICS. :D