Fishing Or Prawning?

Just have to let go

Hyyeee!! I didnt expect you guys to not want the ending yet actually. that's why it took me quite a while to think of something for the 3 days. so here's the first! enjoyyyy!! :DD

 

 

Should I go to school? Maybe I shall just skip today.

You were pondering whether to go to school for that that or not. Why? Well your school had organised the most boring activity ever existed. Fishing. Did you hear the cricket sound?

No matter how boring it was, you still wanted to go to school in the end. Junhyung. One name answers it all.

 

You reached school as per normal and sat with Junhyung in the bus as usual. Your friends weren’t late this time. Your ride was as fun and joyful as the previous day. I bet this bus ride is much more fun than fishing.

Soon after, you reached your destination. It was a small confined ‘park’ that is for kids to catch small fishes using nets in ponds that they could walk in and another bigger area for adults to fish for prawns. That’s where they use real fishing rods. And also, that’s where the bore is.

[Adult area]

[Childrens' area]

          

          

You looked around with Junhyung’s hand in yours. It felt so comfortable and normal. Nothing awkward about it.

Your school could not book the whole place so there are some children and family at the park.

“Okay everyone gather around and take one rod per pair as we do not have enough for everyone,” Mr Jung announced.

You shared with Junhyung, Jiyeon with Doojoon and Hyemi with Gikwang. There were some white plastic chairs around the big pond and the six of you sat side by side.

You watch Junhyung as he carefully put the bait on the fishhook. Instead of looking at the bait, you stared at Junhyung’s serious face. His eyebrows were frowning and he pouted slightly. You slowly took out your camera and captured his facial expression. He looked up immediately when he heard the camera shutter. He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head.

Your POV

“What are you doing…?” Junhyung asked suspiciously.

“Oh nothing.. Just capturing your serious moment,” you grinned and stuck out your tongue. He chuckled and shake his head. His attention went back to the fishhook and after awhile he was done.

“Jaaa! You want to hold it?” he said, passing me the rod with the hook already in the water.

“Nah.. I don’t like to sit here and just wait,” I said, standing up.

“Where’re you going?” Junhyung asked. A confused faced clearly shown.

“I’m going around to take pictures!” He pouted sadly.

“I’ll be back Jun….” I said and gave him a peck on his chubby cheeks. He grinned and nodded.

I went around, taking pictures of children having fun playing with water in the pond instead of catching the fishes. Splashing around water by stomping their little foot in the water, smiling and laughing cheerfully. Some parents are guiding their child on the rocks in the pond, holding their hands tightly, making sure they won’t slip. I moved my shot to old people sitting around the bigger pond and just waiting. Holding the rod, sitting down reading newspaper, a book or just plainly looking at the water. I wonder what is in their minds then.

The students from Kirin were bored to death. Some of them listened to their iPods while waiting for the prawns to take their baits. Some chatted with others to let the time pass by. Well, didn’t I say fishing was boring? And then I saw Junhyung. All alone, waiting with his rod in hand. Doojoon was busy ‘teaching’ Jiyeon about prawns and fishes while Gikwang and Hyemi are just arguing. They can never go on a day without arguing. Arguing about what now? I have no idea.

I decided to go to the bored Junhyung. He is my boyfriend afterall. I smiled at that thought.

No POV

You went behind him and hugged him from the back while he was sitting down. You rested your head on his right shoulder and your arms around his neck. He turned a little to glance at you and smiled. His other hand that wasn’t holding the rod, touched your arm lightly, it up and down.

You were getting uncomfortable as you hand to lean forward to hug him. You slowly unwrapped your arms around him and went to sit beside him closely. You leaned your head on his buffed shoulder comfortably.

“Junhyung, since we are not catching fishes, is this still called fishing?” I asked randomly.

“Hmm.. I don’t think so. If I’m not wrong, Mr Jung said its prawning,” he answered.

I nodded thoughtfully. “Do you like fishing or prawning?” I asked.

“Depends.”

“On what?”

“On who I’m with,” he smirked.

You smiled. “Waeyo?”

“Since fishing takes a lot of time, I must have a good companion to keep me from not getting tired or frustrated from waiting too long for fishes.” He chucked.

You laughed. “So am I a good companion?” you smiled.

“Not really.”

You turned to him and looked at him in disbelief. Did he just say I’m NOT a good companion?? Well Yong Junhyung, you’re about to be left alone!

He laughed seeing your face. “You left me alone just now!” he shouted teasingly.

“I’m lonely without you…”he said cheesily. You pretended to gag at his cheesy statement.

 

“YAAHH!! STOP IT!” Hyemi shouted, trying to get away from Gikwang who was teasing her with a worm that is used for a bait.

Gikwang laughed non-stop until tears were coming out from his eyes. As he put away the worm, Hyemi started beating him up by punching his arm. Lucky him to have such muscular arms.

Doojoon shook his head and said, “Just get married already!”

“MWOH?? Get married?? With him??? I’d rather be a spinster with 40 cats than to live with this person!” Hyemi said.

“Don’t speak too soon Hyemi-ah,” Junhyung smirked.

 

“Oh? Mwoya? Doojoon Doojoon! I THINK THERE’S A PRAWN!” Jiyeon shouted. Doojoon quickly reeled in the rod for her and a big prawn could be seen rising from the water.

Jiyeon squealed in excitement and Doojoon tried to unhook the hook from the prawn.

“Good job Jiyeon-ah!” you complimented.

Doojoon cleared his throat purposely.

“Yes yes.. you too Doojoon-ah..” you said, rolling your eyes.

 

“Jun-ah.. lets take a picture. I just realised we don’t have a picture together,” you pouted.

“Arrasso,” he smiled happily.

You held the camera infront of both of your faces, far enough to captured both of your faces. “Hana, dul, ses!”

When you looked at the picture taken, it was too near. Maybe you hand wasn’t long enough. You looked at Junhyung sadly.

“Come on. Give it to me,” Jiyeon said, asking for the camera. You smiled gratefully.

“Ready? Hyuna-yah lean closer to Junhyung. Jun, rest your arm on her shoulder,” Jiyeon instructed. The both of you did what she told you.

“Yah Jiyeon-ah, you can be a professional photographer!” Junhyung commented. Jiyeon just giggled.

“Hana, dul, ses!” She smiled looking at the picture.

“Hyuna-ah let’s take one more with my phone. I want it to be on my wallpaper,” Junhyung said, smiling widely. You chuckled and nodded.

He took out his iPhone and place the phone infront of the both you. This time, you could see the screen. As both his arms were by you sides, the two of you were extremely close and you were leaning on him. His head went to the right side of yours, resting slightly on your head.

“Hana, dul, ses!” Junhyung said. You smiled, looking at the camera and Junhyung suddenly turned and kissed your right cheek. Lucky for him, he got the shot. The both of you smiled looking at the picture. It’s a very sweet, simple on and the sunlight behind the both of you complemented the picture. You were happy seeing it on his wallpaper.

At the end of the day, the prawns aught were grilled on the spot and you can eat there and then. It was still hot and you had a hard time peeling off the skin. Junhyung casually took the prawn form your hand and gave you a prawn that has already been peeled by him. You chuckled.

“Gomawo!” you said, giving him an eye-smile. Junhyung just gave a peck on you cheeks as it puffed when you were smiling. You blushed even though he had done it a lot of times before.

He kept giving you the peeled ones that you didn’t even see him eating any. You gave him some of yours and he took a bite of it.

If you could, you would have captured that moment with him. Fishing or prawning, whatever its called, is not that boring actually. Like Junhyung said, it depends who you’re with.

 

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!!! <333