At the Feast

Just have to let go

Firstly, let me warn you that its a very long chapter. i didnt expect it to be this long actually. :P


 

It was lecture time again and you’re no longer surprised that Junhyung started sitting next to you in every lecture. That is, well, if no one got the seat first. But this time it was different. As you sat in your seat, you can quite feel that Junhyung was dozing off beside you.

Well for one, his hand wasn’t moving, scribbling down notes like he used to. And his hand would occasionally stop writing suddenly and stayed at his writing position.

You were tempted to turn towards him to see if he was sleeping. But what if he’s not? Imagine the awkward situation if my eyes meet his. So you shoved the thought aside and focused on the lecture.

“I know it’s the end of the day, but please try to keep awake,” the lecturer said in his microphone. Now you’re very sure he was sleeping because the lecturer was looking at his direction which was just beside you. You knew he woke up just in time because the lecturer would have told you to wake him up. You experienced that before when Doojoon was dozing off beside you at one of the previous lectures.

You felt him sitting up straight and jotting down notes lazily. You were having a minor cold that day and you coughed a couple of times into your handkerchief and covering your nose with it when you felt like sneezing.

After the lecture all of you started packing as usual. Junhyung turned to slightly when he heard you cough.

“Are you.. unwell?” he asked.

You were slightly taken aback by his choice of words. Unwell? Don’t people always use sick? You just smiled and nodded lightly.

“Yeah. Just a minor flu and cough.”

“Not enough sleep?”

“Nah.. I think that’s you.” You chuckled. He just laughed.

Since it was the last lesson for the day, you, Junhyung, Gikwang went to find Hyemi and Jiyeon to go to your favourite hangout place, Feast. Doojoon was not present in school that day.

Hyemi found a seat for six and you girls sat down while thinking of what to eat. Junhyung and Gikwang went to draw out some money from the bank.

After you had bought your food, the three of you started eating without waiting for the guys as all of you were already starving. As you were looking up from your food as you chew your noodles. Suddenly your eyes met with a very familiar face. The person was walking by your side, towards your direction. He seemed to have already noticed you from afar as he was already smiling went you saw his face.

You were shocked as you recognised who he was. Speechless. At that very second you didn’t know what to do.

What is he doing here? Should I smile back? No? Look back at my food? Someone please tell me what to do!

Unfortunately, your girlfriends couldn’t read your mind so clearly, they could not help you. He was getting closer and you forced a flat smile and look back down to your food immediately. To your surprise, he didn’t stop at your table. He just walked pass our table. You were quite relieved as you wouldn’t know what to say to him yet.

As soon as you feel that he was already far away, you cursed non stop under your breath.

“Ohmygod! Ohmygod! Ohmygod! Ohmygod! !!”

Seeing you act that way made the other two girls confused. The first one to ask you was Jiyeon who was sitting right beside you.

“Hyuna, are you okay? Why? Who’s that guy?” Clearly, Jiyeon must have noticed me “smiling” to the guy.

“He’s the 4-year-one.” I whispered simply. I know she understood. I’ve told her a couple of time about him. How he had hurt my feelings constantly for 4 years. But I’ve never told Hyemi. Which explains why she faced me and Jiyeon with a very confused expression.

“OHHHHH!!” Jiyeon said, realising why I was acting that way. And she also remembered my wish.

“I just wish one day he will see me and my group. I want to show him how much happier I am without him in my life. How much I don’t care what of what he did.”

“What are you two talking about?? Who is he??” Hyemi asked, getting impatient.

It was a very long story to tell so you just said, “Let’s just say, he had hurt me for 4 years.”

That really didn’t answer her question though. But she let it pass. All she knows now is that you don’t like that guy.

“No wonder I saw him looking here a couple of times when he was at that stall,” pointing to the stall across us.

“Erm. Hyuna, and he’s still looking here you know.” Hyemi said as she was sitting across you.

What?! Why is he looking here again? He didn’t stop to at least say hi and now he keeps looking at my table? What does he want??

You didn’t turn around though. You’re freaking out because the two guys were not there yet.

“Why are you so restless? Isn’t this what you wanted? For him to see you with your friends?” Jiyeon asked.

“I want him to see me with all my friends. Which means including the guys. And since Doojoon is not here, I really need the other two guys to be here while he is still here,” putting an emphasis on the word ‘all’ and ‘he’.

You don’t dare to look behind to see if the guys are already here. You asked Hyemi if he was still there and she said no.

“!” you cussed silently. I didn’t get my wish afterall. Just then the guys returned. You acted normally around them although you were still furious that he was no longer there.

You followed Junhyung when he wanted to buy food and Hyemi tagged along. You made an excuse that you wanted to buy a drink but in actual fact, you wanted to see for yourself that he was no longer around.

You look around cautiously as you and Hyemi walked back to your table with your drinks. You saw 2 of his friends at a table that is about 3-4 tables away from yours. Yes! It means he’s still here.

You sat back beside Jiyeon and told her that he’s still somewhere in Feast.

As all of you were eating, Hyemi told you that he’s back. And he turned about three times while he’s sitting there. Once he even pointed to my direction to his friends.

What is he trying to do? He never fails to confuse me.

Seeing Hyemi and Jiyeon talking about someone, being the nosy person he is, Gikwang asked who they were talking about. You remembered that you had somehow told him about that guy. It was when you wanted to ask his opinion in a guy’s perspective why a guy would do something like what that guy did to you. You expected him to have forgotten about the story but he surprised you when his lips formed an O and nodding his head when you simply said, “He’s the jerk I told you about.”

Junhyung was just there, sitting next to Gikwang. You know he was completely clueless about the whole situation but was polite enough not to ask you. Instead he ask Gikwang seeing that Gikwang somewhat know about the person. You didn’t quite hear what Gikwang told Junhyung but managed to catch a sentence that made you smile. “He’s a damn bastard I tell you.”

Gikwang started looking frantically behind me and repeating, “Where?”

And not thinking that he might see us, Hyemi immediately pointed towards him. “There there! The person sitting behind the tree!”

Tree?

“Tree?? You mean plant?” Gikwang asked and chuckled.

“Yeah yeah. Plant, tree, whatever.”

You quickly grabbed Hyemi’s pointing hand and move it down. “There’s no need to point Hyemi!” you whispered but loud enough for Hyemi to hear.

Hyemi realised what she did and apologized.

Junhyung’s eyes managed to catch the direction where Hyemi was pointing. He then said something out loud.

“Hey isn’t that Lee Joon?” your so called Prince Charming said. You feel like covering his mouth right there and then if he wasn’t so far away from you. So all you managed was a loud “SHHH!!!”

“Junhyung, there’s no need to mention his name aloud.” You said softly. Deep inside, your heart was racing. Hoping that the before named guy did not hear his name.

You were also still in shock. Not because he knew Joon. But because from the entire chaotic situation, you had forgotten that Junhyung might have known Joon. His bestfriend from junior highschool was Joon’s classmate in middleschool. Yes it’s confusing. But like they say, it’s a small world.

Assuming from the bits and pieces he had heard from the others, Junhyung asked you, eyes widened, “Wait- don’t tell me he is your ex-boyfriend??”

“NO! Of course not! I don’t have an ex boyfriend!” I shrieked.

The others started asking Junhyung how he knew Joon.

“I was with Hongki when we were taking our results for which highschool we were posted to. Hongki met Joon for awhile to ask about his results. After their short conversation Joon suddenly went to me and ask, “So how’s your results dude?” He talked to me as if we were long time friends. In my mind I was like, “Dude! I don’t even know you!” But I just tell him that I was posted to Kirin. Then he started chatting with me like I was his bestfriend. Telling me that he actually wanted to go to Kirin but he said his results were too good and got posted to Ayern instead. All the time I was just nodding thinking that I don’t really care. I’m just here because my bestfriend is here. This guy is really too full of himself.”

The entire time Junhyung was telling about Joon, all of you laughed uncontrollably. You felt happy hearing negative things about Joon from your friends unlike during the time when you were in Darrelle Junior High. All the guys and girls there are always praising him as if he was the first person to step on the Moon. Hearing all these was… refreshing.

Just then as all of you were busy laughing, Joon walked passed your table once more to go to the stall across you. The stall that Jiyeon first spotted him. He was just there, standing, waiting for his order. Suddenly Gikwang came up with a plan.

“Junhyung-ah, lets stand behind him acting as if we want to buy something and I would say out loud, “Hey Junhyung! Do you know this guy from Ayern High? His name is something like yours and I heard that he is very full of himself!”” Gikwang said while grinning widely.

Hyemi and Jiyeon has already nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

“And then you can say like, “Hm I don’t quite know.” And you turn to Joon saying, “Hey you! You’re from Ayern right? Do you know this full-of-himself guy?”” Hyemi said to Junhyung.

You were all laughing by now including Junhyung who was looking quite unsure. Although you tried to avoid from looking at Joon, you caught him a couple of times glancing towards your table that is full of loud laughter.

Gikwang was now turning to Junhyung, motioning him to get up from his seat. Unfortunately, your knight forgets to bring his shining armour.

“Guys, I can’t. He knows me. And I’m sure he knows we are getting back at him for whatever he did to Hyuna.” Junhyung finally said.

The others started making a fuss as the anticipated scene was not going to be seen.

“Come on guys. Besides, I’m just a friend. If I was Hyuna’s boyfriend, I would not hesitate to go there right now.” Junhyung continued.

Your face lit up for a second hearing him say, ‘Hyuna’s boyfriend’. You smiled with the others who were in awe of what he just said.

The situation died down and Joon passed our table again with his tray of food. This time you avoided looking at him and continue talking to your friends. Jiyeon on the other hand did not let her eyes off Joon.

“He was looking at you.” Jiyeon said to you. You just shook your head. Seriously Joon, what are you trying to tell me here? You keep looking at me, at my direction, but can’t even stop for awhile to say at least a hi?

And then it comes the time when you and your friends wanted to leave. All of them started standing up and picking up their bags. You were quite worried. What were you supposed to do? Stop by his table to say hi or just move pass and act as if he’s not there?

You pulled Jiyeon nearer to you and asked her.

“Just walk. I’ll be beside you. Don’t even look at his table.” Jiyeon said softly.

You walked with Jiyeon very close to you and pass his table. The others were walking on the other side which was quite far from you and Jiyeon. You realised Jiyeon was walking slower as both of you were passing his table, so you walked ahead of her and joined the others at the escalator.

You turned as all of you were going down the escalator. Jiyeon was behind you.

“You know what he did just now? He asked you to call you. He was showing gestures saying, “Call Hyuna. I want to say hi.” I was staring at their table, so he managed to get my attention. I just showed him my pokerface and shook my head slightly. I walked and turned to him again. I can’t believe he still has the face to ask me to call you again! He did the same gestures and I also responded in the same way. Then I walked off.” Jiyeon told me while doing the exact gestures Joon did previously.

You gaped. Your mouth was hanging wide open. Firstly, I cannot believe he didn’t even call me himself to so called, say hi. Secondly, OH. MY. GOD. What did I do to deserve such an amazing friend like Jiyeon! I was so thankful that I wanted to hug her right there on the escalator.

You were so happy that you thanked her countless of times. You feel that she had gotten your revenge for you. Both of you went to the ladies while the others waited outside. After washing your hands, you turned to Jiyeon.

“Can I hug you?” you said, grinning widely.

“Of course! I love getting hugs!” Jiyeon replied smiling happily.

You hugged her tightly until you realised she could barely breathe. You notice some middle school girls walking into the ladies. They were staring at both you while waiting in their line. You don’t give a damn what they think. All you know is that you were very happy and grateful to Jiyeon for doing what she did.

Hello fellow readers! i hope its not too draggy yeah. :) i' ll try to finish this before sch reopens which is on the 9 jan. :/ if not, i'll be updating less often. anyways, do comment and subscribe! :DD AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D