End Of Year Examinations (part 2)

Just have to let go

 

I'm back with another chapter coz today im quite free. :D i guess it will be quite a long while after i update next so this is quite a long chapter. :) hope you enjoy!

 

 

 

Heart beating fast. Legs shaking. Palms sweating. You turned left and right. You gulped. Your eyes glued to the silver metal right infront of you. You clenched onto your ring-like pendant that you never once took off eversince you got it.

The librarians gave a nod inside and the metal gates started moving upwards slowly. People behind you had already started pushing to the front. You were being squished but held your stand strong and not give in to anyone behind you. I had waited 1 hour for this. You can do it Hyuna. Remember, run like there’s no tomorrow. Have the end in mind! Go for the 2nd floor, the first table on the right.

As the gates are nearly opened fully, you took a deep breath. The moment it is fully opened, all of you ran like hell and went scattering around the library like angry bulls. You went straight to the escalator, running, not taking time to wait for it to transport you to the next level. You increased your speed and jumped straight to your desired table. Touchdown!

As you sat on the chair, your breathing return to normal. That was chaotic!

You texted Doojoon and Junhyung where you were and started studying. You had placed your bag on the chair beside you and your jacket on the seat in front of you. You were not allowed to reserve seats but usually you got away with it.

For some reason, that day was different. The security guard was going around checking for empty seats for people. Seeing that, you quickly texted the guys to hurry up or their seats will be taken. As you looked up from your phone, the security was standing beside you and asking you to place your bag on the floor. The security was quite fierce and you just obey.

The security came again as he saw the jacket. He asked the man sitting diagonally across you if the jacket was his. You just kept your head down as if you were focusing on your work. The man denied. Logically, who would put their jacket across their seat? So thinking that it was not yours and the owner is somewhere in the library, he walked away. You sighed in relief. You texted Doojoon.

Doojoon: Yah Doojoon! When are you coming?? The security has already taken one of my reserved seats and now my table is left with one empty seat!

You typed as you saw a person sitting beside you.

Doojoon: Okay okay! I’m coming now!

You couldn’t focus as you were anxiously waiting for Doojoon and Junhyung. Doojoon soon came and took the seat in front of you, giving you your jacket. You noticed that he was panting heavily.

“Did you.. run?” you whispered.

“Wha? Y-yeah. You told me to hurry.” Doojoon said in between the pants.

You were genuinely shocked. He really did run. You just chuckled softly. Both of you started studying after texting Junhyung that his seat was taken. Disappointed? Hell yeah you were.

As you looked up from your file, you saw Junhyung through the glass doors, walking outside the door, and going up to the 3rd level. He saw you and waved. Doojoon turned as he saw you smiling and waving. He wanted to wave but Junhyung had already walked away. He turned to you and raised an eyebrow. You ignored him and resume your revision.

After a few minutes, the person beside you left. Doojoon quickly texted Junhyung and told you to put your jacket. You quickly put it and went to the toilet. You didn’t want to be questioned by the security again.

As you came out of the toilet, from far, you saw that Doojoon was being questioned by a librarian. Doojoon said a couple of things with hand gestures and the librarian walked away. Wow he’s good.

You came back and asked him. “What did you say just now?”

“Nothing. Just say that my friend is in the toilet.” He replied simply.

Soon after, Junhyung came with his things and sat beside you. The three of you studied quietly. This time, Junhyung was studying the subject that only you had passed in the latest test. So he asked you a lot of questions. It was easy for you since you were studying the same subject. There were no interruptions this time as both of you were right beside each other. At times when you were explaining to him, you realised that both of you were sitting really close that your knees were almost touching.

After a few hours of cramping your brains with information, the three of you went to eat lunch. The three of you went back after that and started studying again.

After about half an hour to 45 minutes, Junhyung wanted to get a tea break.

“We just ate!” you whispered quite loudly.

“I’m really getting cold here Hyuna. Don’t worry, I’ll just take a while.” Junhyung got up from his seat and said, “I’ll be back soon!” and smiled.

You watched him leave and went back to studying. 5 minutes later, Doojoon started stretching. “I think I’ll go for a walk.” He said.

“A walk?? In the library??” you asked as your eyes widened.

Doojoon smiled and walked out.

You rolled your eyes. I knew it. These boys seriously can’t focus anymore. Boys…

Suddenly you got a text from Junhyung.

Junhyung: Hyuna, do you want to join me? I’m at the café just outside the library. It’s getting quite lonely here.

Your heart jumped with joy upon reading the text. You replied quickly.

Hyuna: Sure! I’ll be there. :)

Without thinking any further, you leave your things and went out of the library with your handphone and headphone.

You saw Junhyung sitting at a small table. He was fussing about something on his lap. As you walked towards his table, you saw that his coffee had spilled from the table and some of it flow to his lap. Your eyes widened.

“What happened??” you asked as you sat infront of him.

Junhyung looked up and smiled sheepishly. “Believe it or not, I spilled my coffee as my phone vibrated from your message.” He chuckled.

You laughed at his silliness. The table was square and small. You didn’t know where to put your hands as his was on the table. You place your hands by your side awkwardly.

“Do you want to order something?” Junhyung asked, looking at you.

You looked at him and realised how near he was to you. Both of you have never been so close upfront. You shook your head and smiled. As he drank what was left of his coffee, you asked, “So how’s revision going? Smooth?”

He just smiled. “Not bad. I need to do more essays for practice. My revision could have been more difficult without you. You’ve helped a lot Hyuna.” He smiled gratefully. His eyes were gentle.

You smiled calmly but your heart is pumping furiously for air.

“There you are!”

Both of you turned and saw a happy Doojoon walking towards the both you. He immediately sat beside you.

“I thought I lost you!” Doojoon laughed. Junhyung smiled while shaking his head and you rolled your eyes.

As the seat was not long enough, Doojoon moved nearer to you. Your hands were about to be squashed in between but you pulled it up on the table just in time. Your hands accidentally landed on Junhyung’s. The three of you suddenly stared at both of your hands for that sort second and you quickly pulled your hands away. You blushed heavily. His hands were warm from the coffee and yours were still cold from the air condition of the library.

The three of you talked for awhile and its time to go back to your revision. Doojoon walked in front leaving you and Junhyung not far behind. Suddenly you felt Junhyung held your hands casually. Your head turned towards your hand. You can’t move. You froze but surprisingly, you were still walking. Junhyung smiled and said, “I felt that your hands were still cold just now. I thought I’d share you some warmth.”

You smiled widely and turned your head back to the front. If you weren’t in the public then, you would have done a cartwheel right there. Lucky for you, Doojoon did not turn back. Or else, you know very well that he will take Junhyung’s hands off yours. He is very much like your own biological brother.

It was already night time and closing time. The three of you packed your things and went to the interchange. Doojoon went to a further queue while you and Junhyung went the same direction as your bus queue was beside each other.

Both of you stayed quiet until you reach the queue. Seeing that the queue was not very long, you wanted to walk straight in when Junhyung grabbed your wrist gently from behind. You turned and look at him.

“Why not we just stand at the corner until one of our bus arrives?” Junhyung asked and smiled sweetly.

You don’t see the harm in it and you definitely wouldn’t mind his company. You nodded.

Junhyung’s hands still has not left yours when the both of you leaned on a wall facing the bus queues.

Both of you were quiet. You guessed that he was tired. So were you. Both of you didn’t have much to talk about anyway. Just about school. And you guessed both of you had enough of school work for one whole day.

The two you just leaned on the wall, holding hands, enjoying each other’s presence. A few minutes later, your bus arrives. You pushed yourself lazily off the wall and turned to him.

“My bus is here. I’ll see you tomorrow then.” You smiled to him. You wanted to let go of his hand but he keep holding onto yours. He pulled your hands nearer to his mouth and kissed the back of your hand softly. He then let go of your hand and smiled.

You were too stunned that you didn’t realised you were about to miss your bus.

“Hyuna, your bus is going to leave without you if you don’t turn now.” He chuckled.

You quickly turned and rush up the bus that was closing the doors. Fortunately, you manage to get in. You sat beside the windows and looked outside. Junhyung smiled and waved at you. You were still shocked of what just happened so you just manage a smile.

You heart was still beating fast. What just happened?