Exam week

Just have to let go

 

Finally!!! my exams are OVER!! YAY!!! :DD so i guess i can update quite alot since theres no school on monday and tuesday coz of CNY. next week gonna be quite a short week! :D anyway, hope you guys like this chapter and dun forget to comment!! :DD

 

 

 

You walked slowly back home after alighting from the bus. You caressed the back of your hand slowly, grinning from ear to ear. You were starting to get stares from people around you but you didn’t care. All you can think about is his smile. His eyes. His voice. His touch.

You sat in your room, after changing your clothes. Sitting at your study table, still smiling. Suddenly you snapped out of your trance. My god Hyuna. Tomorrow is your end of year exams! You still need to study! You shook your head and took out your book and started revising again.

You were so focused that you didn’t realised that it was nearly midnight. Your family members had went to bed early as they were all working the next day. Suddenly right at midnight, your mobile phone rang. You checked the caller id. Your eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when you read the name. “JUNHYUNG”.

You hands trembled but answer it quickly before the loud ringing wake your family up. You were still shocked to say anything.

“Hello? Hyuna you there?” Junhyung said softly.

“Oh! Hello Junhyung. Sorry I.. I drop my phone.” You rolled your eyes knowing that it was the most stupidest reason ever. He didn’t even hear a knock Hyuna!

He chuckled. “It’s okay. Anyway, you’re still studying?”

“Yeah. But I think I’m going to sleep soon. Why’d you call?” not that you mind. You’re just curious.

“Oh! Very sorry if I’ve disturbed you. I just…. Wanna say……… HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYUNA!” Junhyung’s voice got louder when he wished you.

Your mouth gaped. Don’t tell me that he stayed up to wish me?  You smile wide even though he can’t see it. You laughed.

“Hahaha! Thank you Junhyung!! You’re the FIRST person to wish me! Thank you so much!”

“Yes! I thought Hyemi or Jiyeon might have wished you first. Anyway, you can expect a present from me after our exams. Study hard yeah?”

Your smile got wider. You chuckled.

“Aww.. you’re so sweet. Okay then! You too Junhyung-ah~”

“Of course.. I think I better hang up now. Tomorrow we will need to wake up early. Don’t want to be caught sleeping right?” He laughed.

“Hahaha! True that. Okay Junhyung, see you tomorrow.”

“Goodnight Hyuna.” His last words were soft, almost unheard. Gentle and sweet. He didn’t say anything after that neither did he hang up. So you decide to hang up first.

You lay you mobile on the side of your bed and shut the lights. You lay down, smiling to sleep.

 

 

The next day you went to school and only some of your close friends remebered your birthday. You don’t expect others to wish you since all of them were too focused studying for their exams.

The week went quite slow and boring as all you did all day was study. You enjoyed it though. That’s the only period of time you get to talk and long messages with Junhyung. Even if its only about school, you’re happy enough to get to talk to him than nothing at all.

 

 

 

It was the last day of the week and you had just ended your exam the previous day. The school had some colleges talk to prepare you for your college life in the next 2 years. After the talks, Hyemi, Doojoon and Gikwang were not going home just yet. Junhyung wanted to go home and so do you. So this is the second time you are going home alone with him. Is it going to be any different?

Both of you went out of the rotating gate and wave to the three friends that were ‘sending you off’. Gikwang managed to slip in a “aww… Junhyung and Hyuna going back together.. so sweet…”.

Both of you just laughed and started walking to the interchange. Is wasn’t the same. Both of you talked about the colleges and their different courses. Similar to you, Junhyung too have not decided on what course to take. He said earlier that he wanted to take the bus at the nearest bus stand again. Expected.

You reached the bus stand and ready to wave goodbye when he still continued walking. You gave him a questioning look.

“Oh I think I’m going to the interchange to top up my bus card.” He smiled.

You just smiled in return and continued walking again.

As you were walking, you tripped onto a crack on the pavement and nearly fell. Fortunately, Junhyung grabbed your hand just in time. Your heart skipped a beat.

“Are you ok?” Junhyung gave a concerned look.

You looked up to him with you fringe covering half of your face. “Yeah. Thanks.” You smiled.

As you straightened up your body, he gently tucked your fringe behind your ear with his free hand. His other hand was still holding onto your hand.

You just stared at him for a second and looked away shyly. He seemed to notice your reaction and chuckled softly. Both of you started walking again but his hand was still holding onto yours. In fact, he linked his fingers with yours casually. Your heart beat faster and faster when the both of you wanted to cross the road. The green man was already blinking. You were ready to let go of his hand, nowing he would take his own sweet time while you were being all paranoid on the road. You didn’t care whether its Junhyung or not. All you can think about at that time was: I don’t want to die.

He grabbed hold of your hand firmly when you were about to let go.

“Hyuna chill! The cars have not even move yet. Relax.. Whatever happens, I’m still with you.” He smiled and squeezing your hand a little.

You relax a little but still quickened your pace. Since he didn’t want to let go, you drag him along instead. He just followed and laughed.

You felt safe when you were already at the junction. You realised you held his hand too tightly and loosened your grip.

Both of you reached the interchange and his bus came just in time. He pulled your hand, pulling you closer. He suddenly gave a peck on your cheeks and let go of your hand even before you can react. He ran to the closing doors of his bus and made it in.

You were still standing there, stunned. But not wanting people to know that that was your so-called first kiss, you relaxed immediately, looking as if the peck was normal for you. You looked into the bus and he was standing at the door. he caught your eyes and wave a little. You waved back and went into your queue.