Promise

Unbroken Promise

Jiyeon's POV

 

"YAH , Yong Jae Soon ! Ppali , its going to start soon. " I shouted from up the hill. It is New Year's eve and Jaesoon oppa and I had promised to watch the fireworks as we made the countdown. Quickly , i helped him climb the hill that is like the Mount of Everest to him.

He was panting as he is really terrible in any physical activities. I giggled and he noticed that , "Don't laugh at me ! You are so gonna get it later" he said while pulling my right ear . It hurts , i really hate when he do that . I kicked him and he let go of my ear . Ah , please don't start a fight with me , oppa . I don't want this night to be ruined

"1 , 2 , 3 ... ! Happy new year , dongsaeng-ah !" he wished me as he ruffled my hair. The fireworks were mesmerising . Now , that i realize this could be the last time we've got to spent our new year night together. I passed the auditions for Core Contents Media to train as an actress in future. Junhyung was really esctatic when i told him as he too was accepted to be a trainee in Cube. After his disbandment with Xing and gave up on his B-boy passion, he had been in depressed state. 

The truth that i will lose him when we achieve our dreams really haunt me. But , I didn't told him as he will be worried about me and told me everything's gonna be fine . "Oppa , i'm not going to be clingy and rebel Jiyeon anymore , watch me grow will you ?" i promised to myself.

 

Junhyung's POV

 

I looked at her who is beside me . She seems in her own world and i decided to wake her up. Is she thinking about other guy ? "Oi , i'm here . How could you have other guy in mind when i'm beside you ?!" i said to her with a raised tone. 

"Jaesoon-ah , i didn't have time for any guy okay ? Unlike you " she stated while laughing . I admitted i was in many relationships before but it was because of  i need inspirations for my songs. Eventhough Jiyeon acts like she doesn't care , i knew she mad at me as she hates how i played with the girls' heart. What i am suprise is , she remember every of their names which even i couldn't remember . What i know is , i don't want her to be one of them . It is just to impossible and awkward .

"Jiyeon-ah , promise me . Promise that we will not fall over head in love with each other in the future " I blurted out without noticing that I wasn't even thinking what i had just said . She gaped at me and after a minute , " Of course , the truth is , i don't want to be one of your inspirations . And you ! Do you dare to do whatever it takes to not fall in love with me ?" she said . I nodded , her words of not becoming one my inspirations really stabbed me in my heart .

The stars on that night was our witnesses of our promise that would change everything. Soon , i felt Jiyeon's head on my lap . Ah , she's already asleep . I stared at her facial features . So young and innocent , how can i possibly love her as a woman ? I laughed as i remembered how i despised her when i first met her , she looked like a spoilt brat . Like seriously , i really want to slap her hard when she had this cold stare . It turned out she was like a cotton candy . So sweet and soft .

Sleep well , dongsaeng-ah .