New Girl

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

Before either of the girls could say anything, the bell rang signalling that class was about to begin. Thankfully, they had class together. Although, both Yoojung and Doyeon knew that if they walked in together it would only fuel the rumours more.

“You walk in first,” Doyeon said breaking the silence, as they walked to class together. Yoojung opened to reply but before she could Doyeon continued. “You won’t get into trouble for being late. I will.”

Yoojung smiled weakly and nodded.

“Also, we still hate each other. I don’t know what Sohye thinks but I told Jieqiong we’re not dating, so let’s just act normal,” Doyeon avoided looking at Yoojung as she said that.

Yoojung looked at the ground. She wanted to tell the taller girl that Sohye was already upset with her but then she remembered. Doyeon has a reputation to maintain. Their social status was already confirmed and had been for years. Doyeon was popular and Yoojung was just… a loser.

“You go. I’ll wait here for a few minutes,” Doyeon motioned to the classroom.

Yoojung nodded and walked into the classroom. Her head hanging low. Thankfully the teacher wasn’t there, so she didn’t get into trouble. Although, she could hear whispers around the class, she heard her name and Doyeon’s name. She looked over at Jieqiong, she’s Doyeon’s friend, surely she’ll defend them, right? Nope. She was just met with a cold glare from the other girl. And if looks could kill, Yoojung would’ve died a thousand times by now.

How did this happen? It was just a lesson. They just talked; it’s not like they kissed or anything. Although, Yoojung wouldn’t have been opposed to that. Yoojung shook her head at the thought of kissing Doyeon. Doyeon bullied her. She was the enemy.

“Hey…” The smaller girl whispered softly, as she took her seat next to Sohye.

Sohye turned and smiled weakly at Yoojung. “Hi.”

Before Yoojung could open and explain to her friend about what happened the previous day and why she didn’t tell her the full truth. Plus she needed to apologize for snapping at her. She knew that she’d hurt her. Mr. Park walked into the classroom.

“Good morning everybody,” the older man began telling the class what they were doing and explaining the importance of everybody cooperating in their respective groups.

Yoojung wasn’t listening though. She couldn’t focus on him. All she could think about was Doyeon, the rumours and why Somi had started the rumour… Well, it wasn’t why Somi started the rumour… It was more of a how? How did she know? Did she follow them?

“Ah! Doyeon, you finally joined us,” Mr. Park saying Doyeon’s name pulled Yoojung out of her thoughts.

“Sorry, Mr. Park.” Doyeon apologized and sat in her seat next to Jieqiong.

“Well, before you get into your groups. We have a new student,” Mr. Park started.

Please don’t be Somi. Please don’t be Somi. Please don’t be Somi. Both Yoojung and Doyeon thought to themselves.

“Ah, here she is!” The older man exclaimed. “Come here.”

“Hi,” the girl squeaked out.

“Thank god,” Yoojung thought out loud, although she was a little too loud which caused students to look at her and whisper. Although, the smaller girl swore she saw Doyeon smile at her.

“Please, introduce yourself,” Mr. Park smiled warmly at the girl.

“Hi,” the girl looked around the class. “My name is Ji Suyeon. But you can call me Suyeon,” she introduces herself.

The class murmurs a “hi Suyeon.” There’s a few students wolf whistling at her and of course, others are shouting “you’re hot.”

Yoojung despite being against wolf whistling and cat calling, could understand why it was happening. Suyeon was undeniably pretty, with her red hair which matches her red lips and her obvious attractive facial features. Plus, to Yoojung, she was tall. Not as tall as Doyeon, but still tall. And her body, she had a great figure which was being showed off by her skimpy clothing. There’s skinny jeans and then there’s Suyeon’s jeans, Yoojung thought to herself. Her eyes travelled up Suyeon’s body which was a bad idea because she ended up getting flustered. Suyeon was wearing a crop top which showed the bottom of her red bra.

“Yoojung,” Sohye tapped the smaller girl on the shoulder.

“Huh?” Yoojung broke out of her trance, hoping that she hadn’t been caught staring at Suyeon.

“We have to sit in our groups, Suyeon is joining us,” Sohye informed Yoojung.

“Hey,” Doyeon greeted casually.

Yoojung frowned. Didn’t Doyeon say that they had to hate each other and to “just act normal.”

Jieqiong just threw a glare at Yoojung and Sohye before sitting next to Doyeon opposite the girls.

“Hi!” Suyeon greeted cheerfully and sat at the end of the table next to Doyeon.

“Hey,” Doyeon smiled warmly at Suyeon.

Suyeon smiled warmly back at Doyeon. In fact, they seemed to be gazing into each other’s eyes for what was probably 30 seconds but it felt like 30 minutes to Yoojung.

“Anyway, we should get to work.” Yoojung said. Suyeon and Doyeon snapped out of their daze and turned to the smaller girl.

“Yeah, so here’s the work sheet with the questions,” Sohye prompted, pushing a sheet of paper forward.

“We all got one,” Jieqiong snapped.

Yoojung waited to see if Suyeon would stand up to Jieqiong for Sohye. But she didn’t. Suyeon just laughed and called Sohye a “stupid nerd.” Which upset Sohye.

Yoojung wasn’t upset though. She was beyond upset. She was absolutely furious.

How dare Suyeon come in and stare at Doyeon look like that? How dare she call Sohye a “stupid nerd”? Who does she think she is?

Yoojung clenched her fist. Today was just not her day. First Somi and now Suyeon. Plus it was still only the morning.

Could today get any worse?

Surprisingly yes. Yes, Yoojung’s day only got worse. See, not only did Doyeon and Suyeon shamelessy flirt in front of her in English. Every lesson Yoojung had with Doyeon, Suyeon was in.

~~~

It was now lunch time, Yoojung was sat with Nayoung and Sohye. Somi was nowhere to be seen. Yoojung didn’t care though. She was beyond angry with the younger girl.

“So, the new girl…” Sohye started. “She… Isn’t nice. At all.”

“Hm? Why’s that?” Nayoung asked.

“She called me a stupid nerd,” Sohye looked down sadly.

“Ignore her. Sohye, you’re not stupid nor are you a nerd.” Nayoung comforted her friend.

“She’s a ,” Yoojung said.

“Who is?” Yoojung heard Suyeon’s voice come from behind her.

Yoojung turned to face the taller girl. She opened to answer her but soon shut it when Doyeon came and stood next to her.

“Who is the ?” Suyeon asked again.

“N-no one,” Sohye answered, hoping that there wouldn’t be an argument. That’s the last thing she wanted.

“I wasn’t asking you.” Suyeon snapped, turning her gaze back to Yoojung. “Did you just call me a , Yoojung?”

Yoojung frowned. She didn’t remember telling Suyeon her name.

“We’re in the same classes, I heard the teachers call your name, .”

It was as if Suyeon had read Yoojung’s mind. Yoojung clenched her fist.

Why isn’t Doyeon defending me? She thought to herself.

“Well?” Suyeon pushed.

“Yes. Yes, I did,” Yoojung stated proudly. “You called Sohye a stupid nerd for absolutely no reason.”

And you flirted with Doyeon.

“Well, Sohye.” Suyeon looked at Sohye and created eye contact with the timid girl. “I am sorry for my comment. It was uncalled for.”

“I-It’s okay,” Sohye weakly smiled.

“Now, Yoojung. Apologize to me,” Suyeon demanded.

“Fine. Sorry,” Yoojung said flatly.

Suyeon clenched her fist and stepped closer to Yoojung. She looked angry, in fact their facial expressions mirrored each other perfectly. Both girls were furious.

Doyeon noticed that and intervened. “Suyeon, go to Jieqiong and Chaeyeon. I need to talk to Yoojung.”

Suyeon unclenched her fist and nodded. Before she left, she made sure to plant a kiss on Doyeon’s cheek.

Yoojung’s blood was boiling. She wanted to say something but before she could, Suyeon left.

“Come with me. We need to talk,” Doyeon told the smaller girl.

“Okay.” Yoojung turned to her friends. “I’ll see you guys later.”

The girls waved at Yoojung and smiled at her. Although, they were extremely confused. Why was Yoojung suddenly spending time with Doyeon? The girl who had been bullying them for years.

~~~

Doyeon had took Yoojung to the library.

“This is the only place where people won’t see me with you,” the taller girl explained.

“Because being seen with me is such an embarrassing thing?” Yoojung laughed bitterly.

“No,” Doyeon answered, her voice raised slightly. “No, just… I don’t want the rumours to get worse.”

“Right. Your reputation,” Yoojung thought out loud.

“I’m doing this for you, Yoojung.” Doyeon snapped. “I don’t give a what people say about me. I get rumours about myself all the time. I don’t care.”

“And I get called names every day. And I’ve been called name’s every day by you,” Yoojung said, venom dripping off her tongue.

“What does me calling you names have to do with this?!” Doyeon ran a hand through her hair. “Oh wait,” she chuckled bitterly. “You think being called my girlfriend is as bad as the names people call you.”

“No!” Yoojung shook her head. “That’s not what I meant, Doyeon.”

“Really?” Doyeon stepped closer to Yoojung, backing the smaller girl against the wall.

This felt like earlier that day all over again for Yoojung. Although, she felt a lot more comfortable with Doyeon this time. Ironic really. Considering they were arguing.

“Y-yes,” Yoojung squeaked.

Doyeon’s face was close to hers. Yoojung could feel her breath against her skin.

“So, you like being called my girlfriend?” Doyeon smirked.

“I- Ye- No!” Yoojung was flustered now and Doyeon was loving it.

“Hmm, shame.” Doyeon stepped back from Yoojung, who let out a deep breath.

“Shame?” Yoojung asked curiously. Not understanding what Doyeon meant.

“Maybe, I want to call you my girlfriend.” Doyeon shrugged.

Yoojung stood frozen. bobbed up and down but no words came out.

“I’ll see you later,” Doyeon told her as she walked out of the library.

Yoojung took a deep breath and composed herself. She picked up her bag and left the library too.

She still needed to confront Somi about the rumour and hopefully put an end to it. She didn’t know if what Doyeon had just told her was true. She doubted it. The taller girl was probably just messing with her.

Sighing, she walked down the corridor.

Little did she know, that there was someone following her not just down the corridor but to the library. They witnessed everything that went down between Doyeon and Yoojung.

And they aren't planning on keeping their mouth shut about it.

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys! I know I promised that there’d be more Dodaeng fluff and there will be in time.

I added Suyeon because why not? Fuel the drama! I’m gonna try and add more Weki Meki members as well as other IOI members. Although, it may just be easier to focus on the characters that we’ve got now!

Also, I promise that Somi will be confronted and her reason for starting the rumour will be revealed. Soon.

As always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Thank you for subscribing, upvoting, commenting and taking the time to read this!

Let me know who you think saw Dodaeng in the library!

All mistakes are mine and I apologize if there were any mistakes.

Have a great day/night! :D <3