Confessing Feelings

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

“Why did you say you were using Yoojung to get your grades up?”

“Use Yoojung to get your grades up.”

Somi’s words were swirling around Yoojung’s head. She couldn’t believe she had been stupid enough to believe that Doyeon actually liked her. Yoojung could hear Doyeon calling her name from behind her but that didn’t stop her, instead she just ran faster. She didn’t want to face Doyeon. She couldn’t face Doyeon. Not after this.

Eventually after a good five minutes of running, Yoojung stopped and sat at a bench near the duck pond in the park that they were in earlier. As much as she didn’t want to relive the confrontations or remember what happened earlier there. It was the nearest place where she could rest. She sat trying to catch her breath, as she was panting as if she’d ran a marathon.

“There you are!” Doyeon panted, crouching down to catch her breath. “You can really run fast for a short person, huh?” She chuckled trying to lighten the mood.

“Go away, Doyeon.” Yoojung said coldly, not even bothering to look at the other girl.

Doyeon sighed. She knew that she had ed up and that Yoojung being upset and acting the way she was, was totally reasonable but she just wished that the older girl would give her a chance to explain rather than just being angry at her. “Please, Yoojung, let me explain.”

“Explain what?” Yoojung finally looked up at Doyeon, her eyes filled with hurt and anger. “Explain how you thought it would be funny to mess with my feelings and make me like you and believe that you cared about me when in reality I was just a pawn in a sick plan of yours.” The older girl chuckled bitterly. “How stupid am I, huh? Believing that you cared about me.”

“I do care about you though!” Doyeon clenched her fists. She was angry at herself for making Yoojung think like that. “I care about you so much, Yoojung.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Yes, I do.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Yes, I do. Yoojung, you don’t understand!”

“If you cared about me then why did you say that you were using me to get your grades up?” Yoojung practically shouted, clenching her fists.

Silence fell up on them. Doyeon stood in front of Yoojung scratching the back of her neck. Trying to figure out why she said that. The tension between them became even more intense, as if that was even possible. After a short while Doyeon spoke up.

“I… I guess, I was too scared to admit how I really felt.”

“Scared or ashamed?”

“What?”

“Were you afraid of what your friends would say or were you ashamed that you supposedly ‘liked’ me?” Yoojung gritted her teeth.

“Why would I be ashamed of liking you?” Doyeon blinked. She was genuinely confused about what Yoojung was saying.

“Because of our social status. You’re popular and I’m some sort of nerdy loser.” Yoojung spat before adding; “this is so ing cliché. The popular mean girl needs help and goes to the nerdy loser girl and the nerd develops feelings and then you her over.”

“No, Yoojung. Please listen to me.” Doyeon sighed; suddenly everything made sense to her now.

“Why should I?”

“I can’t make you listen to me. I can’t make you believe me or trust me… All I can do is beg. So please Yoojung, please give me a chance to explain.” Doyeon pleaded.

“Yeah. I don’t think I’ll ever trust you again.” Yoojung stated coldly.

Ouch. Doyeon felt like someone had just pierced a knife through her heart. Alas, she understood why Yoojung was being this cold towards her.

“I understand that. You can never talk to me ever again if you don’t want to. Just please listen to me.” Doyeon begged.

“Okay. Fine.” Yoojung crossed her arms. She was trying to be cold and put on a tough exterior but really all she wanted to do was cry and hug Doyeon.

“I… I admit, at first when I said that… I didn’t expect that you’d find out—”

“And that makes it okay?”

“No, no. It doesn’t. I just… My pride was too strong then. I cared too much about other peoples opinions of me and my reputation. But then, I got to know you better and started spending time for you and I developed feelings for you, Yoojung. And it scares me. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way about anyone before. I mean, I literally asked teachers to put us together in classes! Do you know how embarrassing that was?!” Doyeon exclaimed the last part. Her heart was pounding through her chest. She knew that Yoojung probably wouldn’t believe her and she’d confessed her feelings to her for nothing, but she felt somewhat good. She’d finally got her feelings off her chest.

Yoojung blinked, trying to take Doyeon’s words in. She wanted to chuckle at how dramatic Doyeon was when she said the last part but she knew that now is not the time to laugh. The taller girl had just confessed her feelings towards her. Yoojung bit her lip. She noticed that Doyeon had tears dripping down her cheeks. Oh, how she wanted to hold her and tell her it was alright. But she couldn’t. She wasn’t even sure if Doyeon was being honest with her.

“How do I know that you’re being honest?” Yoojung asked, her lips quivering and her eyes glistening with tears. She hated the fact that she was questioning the younger girl’s feelings but after the earlier events of the day, she had no idea who or what to believe.

“Because we both know that I asked the teachers to be paired up with you. And why would I lie about liking you? I know that I’ve done some ed up things to you with the name calling, bullying and stuff like that but I’ve changed. You’ve helped me change into a better person, Yoojung.”

Yoojung couldn’t contain her emotions any more, she just let her tears flow. Luckily she was sitting down because she could feel her knees going weak as her cries turned into violent sobs. Doyeon immediately sat next to her and wrapped her arms around her.

“Please don’t cry,” Doyeon whispered into the smaller girl’s ear, as she unconsciously started playing with her hair. Yoojung didn’t mind though. It was actually soothing her.

“I just… I wish you had never said it, Doyeon. Because if I believe you everyone will think I’m stupid and easy to walk all over but there’s a part of me that just wants to believe you and believe that everything is okay between us.” Yoojung sobbed into Doyeon’s shoulder.

“Everything is okay. Ignore everyone else, Yoojung. We can’t let other people’s opinions ruin our relationship…” Doyeon whispered the last word, a blush forming on her cheeks.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Yoojung mumbled.

“Is everything okay between us, Yoojung?” Doyeon asked, secretly fearing the older girls answer.

“I…” Yoojung hesitated for a moment. “Yes, Doyeon. Everything is okay between us.”

Doyeon grinned and hugged Yoojung tightly, not wanting to let go of her. Fearing that if she did, the older girl would leave her. Both girls felt content and happy in each other. Nothing could separate them or ruin their mood because they’d just made up—

“Yoojung!” Somi called out, walking towards the girls. Her smile was wiped off her face when she saw the scene that was happening in front of her. Why were Yoojung and Doyeon hugging? Had Yoojung forgiven her? No. She couldn’t be that stupid.

“Oh, Somi. Hi.” Yoojung pulled out of Doyeon’s embrace and awkwardly smiled at Somi.

“Yoojung, I have got to talk to you. It’s important.” Somi said, totally ignoring Doyeon’s glare.

“She’s had enough of serious talks.” Doyeon snapped.

“She needs to hear me out.”

“She doesn’t need to do anything.”

“This has nothing to do with you, Doyeon. She’s not your girlfriend.”

Doyeon stared at Somi speechless. She felt a pang in her heart and bobbed up and down. She had no idea what to say because Somi was right. She wasn’t her girlfriend but oh, how she wishes that she could call Yoojung her girlfriend.

“Somi,” Yoojung spoke, her voice soft like velvet. “Whatever you want to say to me, you can say it in front of Doyeon.”

“Did you forgive her?” Somi frowned.

“Yes.” Yoojung answered bluntly.

“Seriously? After what she said? Yoojung are you stu---”

“Leave her alone!” Doyeon growled. “Say what you want to say and leave her alone.”

“I’m not sure you want to hear it though, Doyeon.” Somi smirked. Her cocky personality was coming back which only angered Doyeon.

“Somi, please. Just say it.” Yoojung sighed, not wanting to witness yet another confrontation.

“Yoojung… I really don’t think Doyeon should hear this.” Somi reasoned.

“Just tell me, please.” Yoojung pleaded with her eyes.

“Fine.” Somi took a deep breath. “Yoojung… I…”

“You what?” Doyeon’s nostrils flared.

“Yoojung, I love you.”

 

~~~Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys! Well… This chapter was just full of angst and ended pretty angsty too. Forgive me please. Also, please remember that the tags are ‘Dodaeng’ not any other ship.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for commenting, subscribing, upvoting and taking the time out to read this fic. It really does help encourage me to write.

Have a great day/night! :D <3