Did She Just Flirt With Me?

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

“Please don’t let me be paired with Doyeon today,” Yoojung muttered to herself for probably the millionth time. She was getting ready for school. Usually she enjoyed school but ever since yesterday, when she got put with Doyeon twice, she’s dreaded it.

Taking a deep breath she walked downstairs and had some toast. She was walking out of her house when she saw Somi.

“Hey Yoojung!” Somi grinned.

“Hi Somi,” Yoojung smiled back.

“Let’s go to school,” Somi said.

Yoojung nodded and walked alongside with Somi. The walk was silent, usually Yoojung would talk about anything and everything but today she had too much on her mind.

“I don’t wanna go to school,” Somi murmered; immediately snapping Yoojung out of her thoughts.

“What?” Yoojung asked.

“I don’t wanna go to school,” Somi repeated. “Do you wanna go to school?”

Yoojung frowned. Se knew skipping school was bad and her mum would be so mad at her if she did but she had history and English again today which meant two hours with Doyeon… And it didn’t help that they were consecutive.

“No, but we have to.”

“But why?” Somi whined.

“Because we’ll get in so much trouble if we don’t go,” Yoojung sighed.

Somi nodded slowly. “Yeah, I guess you’re right… But are you with Doyeon at all today?”

“Yes, all afternoon! Two consecutive hours,” the smaller girl groaned.

“At least you have Sohye,” Somi mumbled.

“But you have Nayoung?” Yoojung replied, hoping it would cheer Somi up. Altough she wasn’t sure why the younger girl was so upset. “And I’m pretty sure we all have music class today.”

“Yeah, that’s true,” Somi nodded.

Before Yoojung could ask her friend what was wrong, they heard the bell go off signalling them to go to their class.

“Damn, that was quick,” Somi commented.

“It was. I’ll see you in music,” Yoojung waved as the pair parted ways.

~~~

After a long morning of maths and science, followed by a lesson of music theory. Yoojung was tired. She didn’t want to have to bother with Doyeon. She wanted to go home but instead she was sat with her friends eating lunch.

“So, you have history next, right?” Nayoung asked, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

“Ugh, don’t remind me,” Yoojung whined.

“Then it’s English with me!” Sohye grinned.

“Even so, you’ve got to work with Jieqiong and Doyeon,” Somi reminded the girls.

“Somi, please. Let them be happy for one moment!” Nayoung told the younger girl off.

Somi just rolled her eyes and ate her food.

Yoojung looked around the dining hall and that’s when she spotted Doyeon and her friends. She wanted to look away, only she saw that the taller girl was looking at her too. Their eyes connected for a minute before Doyeon broke it off and went back to talking to her gang about whatever. Yoojung felt herself blush a little.

Why am I blushing? It can not be about Doyeon. She scolded herself.

“Yoojung, are you alright?” Nayoung asked.

“You’re all red,” Sohye added.

“I-I’m fine,” Yoojung squeaked. “Just a bit hot,” she said loosening her tie a little.

“Yeah, it is quite hot in here,” Sohye commented.

“Because I’m here,” Somi winked.

The girls just laughed and carried on eating until the bell rang. That’s when they all split up and went to their respective classes.

~~~

Yoojung sat at her usual desk and pulled out her books. She chewed on her bottom lip, something she did when she was nervous. She looked around the room but the sound of the chair scraping next to her made her turn around only to see Doyeon sitting next to her.

“W-What are you—”

“We’re doing a paired assignment and unfortunately, I’m paired with you.” Doyeon stated as she pulled her books out of her bag.

Yoojung just nodded and turned back to Mr. Porter. She listened as he explained the assignment questions and explained how to answer the question. Once he stopped talking she reached to grab her pen, and was about to start writing.

“I don’t get it,” Doyeon said.

“Get what?”

“What we’re doing, obviously,” Doyeon rolled her eyes.

“Did you listen to Mr. Porter?” Yoojung asked.

“Not really,” Doyeon shrugged.

“Well then it’s your own fault,” Yoojung said before turning her head back to her work.

Doyeon sighed and watched Yoojung work.

“You could at least pretend to know what you’re doing,” Yoojung mumbled.

“What?” Doyeon practically growled.

“Nothing,” Yoojung muttered.

“No, shorty. Tell me what you said,” Doyeon said annoyance evident in her voice.

“I said, you could at least pretend to work. Otherwise you’ll get in trouble.” Yoojung snapped.

“And you care because?”

“Because you’re supposed to be my partner and I’m not failing because of you.”

“Help me then,” Doyeon smirked.

“Fine, you can copy my work after school,” Yoojung said.

“And you’ll explain it to me?” Doyeon asked.

“I… Uh-“

“Only because if we have to do single work for the grade and I don’t know what to write… Ruins both our grades, right? Our teamwork skills get marked down and we don’t want that, do we?” Doyeon’s smirk got bigger… As if it was possible.

“Ugh, fine. Whatever keeps our grade up,” Yoojung sighed.

“Good. I look forward to our after school lesson,” Doyeon winked and with that she left.

Yoojung looked around and saw students leaving. Class was over already? She looked down at her paper and saw she’d only wrote a paragraph.

“,” she muttered, picking her stuff up and leaving.

She raced to her next class, English. She kept bumping into people on her way, because she couldn’t get Doyeon out of her head. Was the taller girl flirting with her?

What did she mean “after school lesson”? And why did she wink?

Yoojung sighed. It was gonna be a long afternoon.

 

 

~~~ Author’s Note ~~~

Hey guys, I’m sorry I at updating this story and my other Dodaeng stories! I think for now, I’ll stick with updating this one and update the others once this comes near an end… Maybe? I don’t know that’s what I hope to do anyway, whether I will or not, I don’t know.

ANYWAYS, excuse my rambling! I hope you enjoyed this slightly longer chapter! I’m hoping to keep the future chapters longer.

Thank you for taking the time to read, subscribe and comment on this fic. It makes me happy and motivates me to write more.

Have a great day / night! <3