After School Lesson 1

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

The rest of the afternoon dragged for Yoojung despite having English with Sohye, one of her best friends. She couldn’t focus on anything other than the days earlier events with Doyeon and of course, she’s paired up with Doyeon which doesn’t help her situation at all. Even though there’s Sohye and Jieqiong with them, Yoojung felt nervous. Not the usual type of nervous that she feels around Doyeon though.

This felt… Good?

It felt like she had butterflies in her tummy and they were ready to explode.

“SHORTY! SNAP OUT OF IT!” Doyeon shouted. Snapping Yoojung out of her trance.

“Huh?” Yoojung asked confused.

“Are you okay?” Sohye looked at her friend with concern.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m fine. Sorry, what are we doing?”

“Did you listen to listen to Mr. Park?” Doyeon smirked.

“I… Nope.”

“Then it’s your own fault that you don’t know what you’re doing,” Doyeon clicked her tongue.

Yoojung frowned. She remembered them having that same conversation earlier that day, only the roles were reversed.

The smaller girl let out a heavy sigh and turned to Sohye. There was still concern in her eyes. Yoojung understood why though, Sohye was a very caring person and it wasn’t like Yojung to not be focused especially in class.

“We have to answer this question,” Sohye explained showing Yoojung her notes.

Yoojung read the question. ‘Should Romeo and Juliette have allowed themselves to fall in love with each other, knowing that it would result in some sort of hurt?’

She frowned. For an English class that question was deep.

But it wasn’t the question that confused Yoojung.

It was the fact that as she read it, her and Doyeon crossed her mind.

If they fell in love would it result in some sort of hurt?

~~~

The bell rang. Signalling it was the end of the day. Time to go home.

Usually Yoojung would be happy to hear this bell. She’d get to see her friends, walk home with them or hang out with them.

But not today.

Today was her special lesson with Doyeon.

Yoojung didn’t know where exactly her and Doyeon were going to be studying as the school Library shuts at the same time as the school does and there was no way she was allowing Doyeon to go to her house.

“You ready to go? Or do you just wanna sit in an empty classroom?” Doyeon smirked.

Yoojung snapped out of her trance. Second time today she’d been unfocused. Second time in the space of an hour.

“Uh, where are we going?” Yoojung asked curiously.

“A café?” Doyeon shrugged. Before Yoojung could even open Doyeon spoke again, “now let’s leave, short . We’re just wasting everyone’s time by staying here.”

There was the Doyeon she knew.

Yoojung sighed and stood up following Doyeon to the café.

Despite the fact that it must’ve been about 20 minutes the walk to the café was silent. Neither of the girls dared to speak.

They had nothing to say to each other. They had nothing in common, or as far as they know they don’t, apart from a few classes.

“We’re here,” Doyeon mumbled.

They were stood outside ‘Weki Meki Café.’

Strange name, Yoojung thought to herself. Without speaking she followed Doyeon in.

They sat in the corner furthest away from the door and the bar and it was the furthest away from the other customers.

“I’ve never been here before,” Yoojung commented breaking the smile.

“I guessed,” Doyeon answered not looking up from her menu.

“Right… Um, shall I order or?” Yoojung asked, looking at her menu.

“Nah, I will. What do you want shorty?” Doyeon asked, her voice sounded soft.

This took Yoojung by surprise, usually Doyeon’s voice would have some menace or anger in it especially when calling her ‘shorty,’ but this time there was nothing. No maliciousness about it.

“I’ll have a hot chocolate,” Yoojung smiled a little.

“Okay, we can get food later,” Doyeon said as she stood up and walked over to the bar.

Later? How long did Doyeon expect this lesson to go on for? Yoojung frowned. However, her thoughts about the lesson died down. She thought about how soft Doyeon’s voice has been since they entered the café. She smiled at that, Doyeon hasn’t been rude to her nor has she made fun of her.

Maybe these after school lessons might work.

“Here’s your hot chocolate,” Doyeon announced, placing a white mug with brown liquid filling it, in front of Yoojung.

“Thank you,” the smaller girl smiled and pulled her notebook out.

“Oh, we’re actually working?” Doyeon sighed.

“Uh, yes? This is an after school lesson, as you put it,” Yoojung replied, confusion evident in her voice.

Doyeon nodded. That is indeed what she said. However, her intention wasn’t to study. Oh no, her intention was to be alone with Yoojung, to get to know her better. Alas, she’d never admit to that though.

No way.

Everyone thought she hated her and that’s how it was going to stay.

But it wouldn’t hurt to… flirt? With the smaller girl, right? No one would know… and it would be nice to see Yoojung flustered.

“Oh, maybe it was just an excuse,” Doyeon said.

“An excuse? For what?” Yoojung frowned.

“An excuse to be alone with you,” Doyeon whispered seductively.

Yoojung practically choked on her hot chocolate.

“What?!” She shrieked.

Doyeon threw her head back and roared with laughter. This was priceless.

“Hush, Yoojung. You’re going to cause a scene,” Doyeon stopped laughing and hushed the older girl. “Now, let’s study.”

Yoojung took a deep breath and opened her book.

“So this is what we were doing earlier, you may copy but at least try to make it look like you wrote it.”

“You got it, cutie,” Doyeon winked… Before realizing what she said.

Yoojungs eyes went wide. Did she really just call me cute??? What’s going on? This is insane!

“Right… Okay,” Yoojung nervously chuckled.

It was awkward between them now. The atmosphere became tense. The seconds felt like minutes and the minutes felt like hours. It was dragging by.

After an hour and a half the “lesson” was finished.

Doyeon walked Yoojung back to school, as Yoojung didn’t want Doyeon to see where her house was. Doyeon didn’t understand why but agreed to it.

The walk there was silent, just like it was on the way to the café. Only now, it was awkward and tense between them. Neither girl knew what to say.

What could they say?

They’re supposed to hate each other… But now Doyeon’s calling Yoojung ‘cutie.’

An affectionate pet name?

They both knew they didn’t hate each other. Despite being unaware of the others feelings.

Yoojung just took the ‘cutie,’ comment as Doyeon being cocky and wanting to embarrass her. Though, she wished it was more than that.

Doyeon… Her pride was too strong. Yes, she slipped up by calling Yoojung ‘cutie.’ She knew that the smaller girl just thought it was a joke.

Who was she to stop her from thinking that?

After all, they’re enemies… and them being friends or even more would just cause some hurt.

To the both of them, to their friends and friendship groups, to their reputations and to their pride.

How could they carry on with their after school lessons?

Neither of them knew, but they just knew that despite the awkwardness between them. They couldn’t wait for the next one.

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys!

This is the longest chapter I’ve posted for this story, it has 1.2k words (not including this note!) I hope you read it all and enjoyed it.

Let me know if you want me to write longer chapters like this or go back to short ones please! I want you to enjoy this story.

Weki Meki are coming back soon! I can’t wait! :D

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this, subscribing, upvoting and commenting. It really does mean a lot to me.

See you next time!

I hope you have a great day/night! :D <3