The Calm Before The Storm

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

Doyeon: Suyeon, we need to talk…

Suyeon: About what? Where are you? You’re missing class.

Doyeon: I’ll just miss this class. Meet me at the gates after school.

~~~

“You said you wanted to talk?” Suyeon asked as she walked up behind Doyeon.

“…” Doyeon hissed.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you.” Suyeon apologized.

Doyeon turned around and looked at the older girl. “No, no. It’s alright. Let’s go to a café.”

Suyeon nodded and they headed to the same café which Doyeon had taken Yoojung to a couple of days ago.

~~~

Yoojung couldn’t focus on what her friends were saying. She couldn’t focus on answering their questions. She couldn’t focus on anything other than her and Doyeon’s conversation from earlier.

“Yoojung! Are you listening?” Nayoung snapped her fingers in front of her face.

“Huh? Oh sorry, I was kinda zoned out.” Yoojung bit her lip.

“Where were you earlier? You weren’t in class…” Nayoung asked.

“Oh, I was just talking to a friend.” Yoojung brushed off her friends question. She didn’t want to say the truth; that she was with Doyeon. Especially in front of Somi, who was sitting across from her with a huge smirk on her face.

“Which friend?” Somi asked.

“Just a friend.” Yoojung shrugged.

“Why won’t you tell us?” Somi pushed.

Yoojung knew that the younger girl was trying to push her to her limits. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. “I’m going for a walk.” She stated and then walked away from the bench which her and her friends were sitting on.

Pulling out her phone Yoojung decided to text someone who she knew could help her out.

Yoojung: Chungha, are you free?

Chungha: Always free for my little cousin, what’s up?

Yoojung: Can we meet somewhere?

Chungha: Sure, meet me at the park. I’ll be on the bench opposite the duck pond.

Yoojung: See you there.

With that Yoojung put her phone away and walked to the park.

~~~

“So, what did you wanna talk about?” Suyeon asked, taking a sip out of her coffee.

Doyeon didn’t notice or respond to her question. The only thing that was on her mind was Yoojung. She had said she’d go on a date with her when she breaks up with Suyeon. Without realizing Doyeon suddenly began grinning which was slightly scaring Suyeon.

“Hello! Doyeon” Suyeon clapped her hands in front of the younger girl. This caused a few people to turn and look at them. Suyeon didn’t care though. She just wanted to know what was up with her “girlfriend.”

“Yeah, so… I wanted to talk.” Doyeon looked down. For some reason, even though their relationship was fake and had only lasted for not even a day, she felt bad that she was ending the relationship.

“About?”

“Us…”

Suyeon took a deep breath. She had a feeling that she knew what was coming but she still decided to question it. “What about us?”

“I think we should break up…” Doyeon looked down. For some reason, she felt guilty. She had no idea why though. It’s not like she had feelings for Suyeon.

“I was expecting that.” Suyeon answered also looking down, swirling her spoon around her coffee cup.

“Yeah. I’d like to stay friends though.”

“Doyeon, chill. It was just a fake relationship and it didn’t even last for a day.” Suyeon chuckled. Although, for some reason she felt sad. Maybe she wanted to spend more time with Doyeon and get to know her.

“You’re right,” Doyeon chuckled awkwardly. “I’m just sorry that you got dragged into this.”

“What are you going to tell your friends?”

“I don’t know. I’ll think of something.” Doyeon shrugged.

Truthfully, Doyeon didn’t care about her friends opinions any more. After her conversation with Yoojung, she realized that she’d allowed her friends and ego to get the better of her and turn her into a person that she swore she’d never become.

“I’m guessing you’re ending this because of short girl?” Suyeon commented.

“Her name is Yoojung.” Doyeon corrected her, gritting her teeth. “And it has nothing to do with her.”

“Are you sure?” Suyeon smirked.

“Yes and even if it was, it’s none of your business.” Doyeon snapped.

“Ouch. What happened to I hope we can remain friends?” Suyeon bit back.

“I’m sorry… I just… I guess, I’m short tempered.” Doyeon apologized.

“That or you’re just an .”

“Maybe.”

“It’s alright,” Suyeon chuckled. “I’ll just tell Jieqiong that I broke up with you, you know to take the heat off you.” She offered Doyeon a warm smile.

“Are you sure? I can handle them.” Doyeon was startled. Suyeon had just gone from calling her an to offering to help her?

“Of course. We’re friends, Doyeon.”

Doyeon smiled. Even though, Suyeon had been a to Yoojung she was being so nice to her now and she was glad to have a friend who might actually treat her better rather than following her around and being obsessed with their reputation.

~~~

“Hey, shorty!” Chungha grinned when she saw her younger cousin walking towards her.

“Hi!” Yoojung grinned back. She sat next to her cousin and took a deep breath.

“So what’s up?”

“It’s Doyeon…”

“The girl who bullied you and your friends for years and years on end?” Chungha inquired.

“Yeah…” Yoojung sighed.

“Has she done something else? Has the bullying got worse?” Chungha rambled on.

“No!” Yoojung shook her head vigorously. “No, quite the opposite, actually.”

“Oh, what happened then?”

“She… I… She likes me.” Yoojung mumbled.

“Oh? So, she’s your friend now?” Chungha asked.

“No… I mean, she likes me as more than a friend…” Yoojung blushed, looking down shyly.

“Oh , that’s a plot twist!” Chungha exclaimed.

“Chungha, please.” Yoojung calmed her cousin down.

“Alright, alright. Do you like her?”

“I… I like what she’s done for me…”

“And what did she do?” Chungha quizzed.

“She asked teachers to pair us up together so that she could talk to me and get to know me.”

“Oh, that’s adorable. But why did she bully you?”

“She said it’s because she wanted to hear my voice and she was afraid to talk to me.”

“Pfft. Sounds like bull.” Chungha scoffed. “When did you find this out?”

“Like earlier today in school. She told me.”

“Have you told your friends?”

“No and I can’t. I can’t trust one of them.” Yoojung said sadly.

“What?! Who?” Chungha was surprised by her cousin’s words.

“Somi… She started a rumour that me and Doyeon are dating.”

“Are you dating?”

“No! We just went to a café to study.”

“Study? Is that what the kids call it these days?” Chungha chuckled.

“I’m serious!” Yoojung playfully punched Chungha’s shoulder.

“Alright, alright. Well, have you confronted Somi about it?”

“No.” Yoojung huffed. “I’m never alone with her and she is constantly pushing me to the brink of lashing out.”

“Confront her. Maybe she likes you too.” Chungha winked.

“Chungha,” Yoojung whined.

“Seriously though, go confront Somi first and see what she has to say and then we can figure out your feelings for Doyeon.”

“I told Doyeon that I’m willing to go on a date with her.” Yoojung admitted.

“Um, excuse the me! Why didn’t you tell me?” Chungha’s eyes went wide.

“I don’t know,” Yoojung sighed.

“My little cousin is growing up!” Chungha laughed before turning serious. “Text Somi now and ask her to meet you here so I can be with you and invite Doyeon too.”

“Are you sure you’re not busy? I don’t wanna interrupt your plans…”

“Nah, I’m free. Plus, you’re family and nothing is more important to me than family.” Chungha smiled warmly at the younger girl.

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Don’t say that me and Doyeon are coming though, she might not come.” Chungha told her.

“You’re right, I won’t.” Yoojung replied as she pulled out her phone.

Yoojung: Somi, we need to talk.

Somi: I was waiting for this.

Yoojung: Meet me at the park.

Somi: On my way

---

Doyeon: I broke up with Suyeon.

Yoojung: Meet me at the park, we’re going to confront Somi! Also good, I’m happy.

Doyeon: I’m on my way. Be there in 10.

Yoojung: You’re gonna meet my cousin too.

Doyeon: Can’t wait.

Doyeon: I’ll see you soon.

---

With that Yoojung told her cousin that there other girls were coming and put her phone away.

She smiled triumphantly to herself.

She will get the truth from Somi. One way or another.

 

~~~Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! They’re finally gonna confront Somi!

Thank you for taking time to read, subscribe, upvote and comment on this story. It means a lot!

I haven’t edited this so all mistakes are mine! I apologize.

Have a great day/night! :D <3