More Confessions

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

The girls remained in their positions. Doyeon still had Yoojung pinned against the wall; although, she had a little red tint on her cheeks. Yoojung however was just staring at her. She had no idea what to say to Doyeon after what she just said. The girls were stood in silence just catching glances at each other for what must have been a minute but to them it felt like hours.

“Yoojung…” Doyeon broke the silence.

Thank God! Yoojung cheered in her head. It was getting way too awkward and intense for her. But she didn’t know what to say. Was Doyeon telling the truth? She could see sincerity in her eyes but she wasn’t sure.

“Do your friends know?” Yoojung asked.

“Know what?” Doyeon frowned. She’d basically just confessed to begging to be paired up with the older girl and yet she just asks about her friends.

“That you asked to be paired with me.”

“Oh, no… I-I’m too embarrassed to tell them,” Doyeon admitted.

“Why?” Yoojung questioned her. Feeling somewhat offended, was Doyeon embarrassed to admit to wanting to be her friend? Was the girls pride and ego too big for them to be friends?

“I… I don’t know,” Doyeon sighed.

“Are you embarrassed to admit you want to be my friend?” Yoojung pushed; although, she was afraid of the answer. She felt she needed to know. No. She deserved to know.

“No… Of course not, Yoojung!” Doyeon quickly defended herself. “I’m not embarrassed about you. It’s just… I don’t know, I’m sorry.”

“If you say ‘sorry’ too often it will lose its meaning and have less value.” Yoojung said emotionlessly.

“Yoojung, please. Just listen to me…”

“You have me pinned against the wall, Doyeon. I have no choice.” Yoojung snapped.

Doyeon sighed defeated. She removed her arms and looked down.

“If you want to leave, then leave. I guess.” Doyeon muttered, feeling her eyes glisten with tears.

Upon seeing tears trickle down Doyeon’s cheek. Yoojung felt bad. Doyeon had just admitted feelings to her and she was acting like this? Not cool, Yoojung. Not cool. She scolded herself.

“Doyeon, I’m sorry.” She apologized sincerely. “I just… I don’t know what to say, you know? I just can’t believe you’d do something like that.”

“I just wanted to know you, Yoojung. I knew it’d be impossible to get you to talk to me so I just kinda figured that if we were paired together in class, you’d have to talk to me.” Doyeon explained.

“Is that why you bullied me too? You wanted me to react?” Yoojung asked, her voice was soft not angry or sad. Just calm.

“Yes,” Doyeon hung her head low. Ashamed of her actions. “I… I like your voice. It’s soothing and I just wanted to hear it more often…”

“Why did your friends join in with the bullying? Like, don’t they find it weird how you specifically pick on me and my friends?” Yoojung frowned, completely ignoring Doyeon’s comment.

“Oh, I pick on other people too. Just not as much,” Doyeon chuckled.

“It’s not funny!” Yoojung practically yelled.

“I know. Just if I didn’t laugh, I’d cry.” Doyeon admitted.

“Oh…” Yoojung bit her lip. She didn’t know what to respond to that. She could see that Doyeon was remorseful of her actions.

“I just… I wanted to talk to you so bad, Yoojung. You have no idea. But now we’re talking I like you, Yoojung. That’s why I called you cutie and why I said I wish I could call you my girlfriend –“

“Then break up with her.” Yoojung interrupted her.

“What?” Doyeon asked bewildered.

“Break up with Suyeon.”

“Why?”

“You just said you liked me… Maybe, I like you too…” Yoojung bit her lip as she felt a blush rise up on her cheeks.

“So, if I break up with Suyeon. Can we go on a date? A proper one though. Not a study session.” Doyeon asked, her voice was small and shy. Something Yoojung wasn’t used to.

“Yes. I can’t date you if you’re with Suyeon.”

“It’s fake…”

“Even if it’s fake, Doyeon. I can’t do it.” Yoojung said firmly.

“Okay, I’ll do it. I’ll do anything for you…”

“Okay, go break up with her and then we can date.”

With that Doyeon walked out of the library with a huge grin on her face. Yoojung agreed to go on a date with her and admitted to liking her back.

Now she just had to break up with Suyeon. Even though she knew she’d get from her friends. She didn’t care.

All she cared about was Yoojung.

She said she’d do anything for her and she will.

 

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys! This is kind of a short chapter. Sorry about that. I can promise the next one will be longer and I haven’t forgotten about Somi! I’ll be sure to have that cleared up in the next few chapters.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting!

Have a great day/night! :D <3