The Storm (Chungha x Somi)

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

This probably should’ve been posted before the previous chapter but this is the Chungha x Somi confrontation which is going to reveal some more of Somi’s intentions and explain her actions. It’s all in italics because it’s a flashback chapter.

I hope you enjoy it!

~~~

Chungha pulled Somi away from the rest of the girls and took her to an isolated part of the park which was crowded with trees and was filled with overgrown grass which was also covered in people’s trash. It wasn’t the most pleasing place in the park but that was Chungha’s plan. She knew that the only people who went there were either drunk or high and it was just a week day afternoon, so it was too early for anyone like that to be out.

“What do you want?” Somi snapped. Truth be told, she was acting tough but really she was terrified. Chungha’s words ‘karma is a ,’ were swirling around in her head and she knew that Chungha was super protective over Yoojung.

“I want the truth, Somi.” Chungha said coldly.

“I said it all before, Jieqiong and Chaeyeon said they’d help me get popular and I want to be popular because unlike your cousin, I’m not a loser.” Somi smirked. She knew that this was going to get her in trouble but she didn’t want anyone to see her ‘weaker’ side. Especially not Chunha.

“Watch your mouth, Somi.” Chungha snapped. She was already angry at the younger girl, but she just seemed to carry on pushing her buttons.

“Oh, I’m so scared.” Somi laughed sarcastically. “I’m shaking.”

Chungha threw her head back and let out a frustrated sigh. She wasn’t a violent person and she certainly wasn’t going to act violently towards a younger person. Especially not someone who is associated with Yoojung. There was no way she’d allow herself to cause Yoojung pain or get her in any kind of trouble.

“You can act tough all you want, Somi. But you literally said that you like either Doyeon or my so called ‘loser’ cousin Yoojung. So tell me, who do you like?” Chungha asked as calmly as she could.

‘.’ Somi bit her lip and avoided looking at the older girl. She knew she had slipped up when she said that earlier but she didn’t expect anyone to actually be listening or to remember it.

“Nothing… No one.” She mumbled.

“Tell me, Somi. Because clearly this crush means more to you than your own ing friends. Let’s be real, Somi. You don’t give a about popularity. I know that and you know that.” Chungha’s voice was calm but filled with authority.

Somi knew she should confess the truth to Chungha. But she was embarrassed and ashamed. “I…I like… No one!” She laughed. It wasn’t a real laugh though. It was a fake laugh. “I lied because I don’t want people thinking I’m just an attention !”

“Cut the bull.” Chungha saw right through Somi. This scared the younger girl.

“I like… I like them both. I can’t ing choose. Yoojung was my best friend but Doyeon is just… Attractive and ugh!” Somi practically yelled this out.

“You do realize that looks aren’t everything, right? Doyeon may be attractive but from what I’ve seen her friends are s and well, she was an in the past.” Chungha just ignored the other part of the younger girl’s confession.

“I know. I know.” Somi looked down, ashamed of her choice of words.

“You might be worse than I thought. You like Doyeon because she’s popular, don’t you? And when you saw Yoojung getting closer to her you decided that you were jealous, so you started this show drama. Am I right?”

“I…” Somi was now completely ashamed. Chungha was right. Well she didn’t decide to be jealous, no one decides to feel jealousy. But she did get jealous when Doyeon and Yoojung became close and Doyeon’s popularity did cause her to be attracted to her. “You’re right… I’m a horrible person, please help me.” Somi had tears coming out of her eyes.

Chungha sighed. It wasn’t her intention to make her cry. She just wanted answers for her cousin and potential girlfriend. “Alright. Listen, I can help you but don’t be mad if Yoojung and the others don’t forgive you. What you did seriously broke your trust and bond with them. You understand that, right?”

“I know. You’re right, Chungha.” Somi nodded, completely understanding what the other girl was saying.

“Before we go though, you like Yoojung?”

“I… Yeah, she’s cute and emotional… But she’s also so strong and kind hearted and smart. I’m rambling because I could just talk about her forever. Damn, I’m cheesy.” Somi chuckled, along with Chungha.

“Yoojung seems to bring out the cheesy side of people. I mean, Doyeon, literally asked to be paired with her in each class they have together. But Somi, I think you should tell her how you feel towards her because maybe she feels the same way.”

“Not anymore though. She has Doyeon and I ed up.” Somi sighed, wiping away the tears from her eyes.

“Yeah, you messed up. Big time. And she does seem to like Doyeon a lot, but still. If you explain that you liked her and that’s why you did what you did; she might be more understanding than you think.”

“Maybe, you’re right. Maybe I should tell her… Wait, there’s something else I should tell you… About Doyeon…” Somi looked around nervously, as if she was waiting for Doyeon and her friends to pop out of the bushes or from behind the trees.

“What happened?” Chungha was suddenly very curious.

“She said to her friends that she doesn’t like Yoojung and she’s using her just to get her grades up. I don’t know if she said it to please them or because she meant it, but I felt like you should know.” Somi sighed. “I kinda have it on film too.”

“You seem to be filming Doyeon a lot.”

“I… I guess?” Somi nervously chuckled. She’d never thought about it like that. But why was Chungha avoiding the rest of the stuff she said?

“As for using Yoojung. She can literally go to Hell. No one messes with my cousin like that.”

“Do you want to see the video?” Somi pulled her phone out of her pocket but Chungha waved it away.

“No, no. That’s not necessey. Why don’t we get Yoojung and the girls and go to were Doyeon is and confront her.”

“I think Yoojung has had enough confrontations for one day, though…” Somi really didn’t want to see Yoojung hurt, again.

“Well, it’s better to get all the emotions out in one day rather than bottle them up.” Chungha shrugged. “You don’t have to come though, you know?”

“I want to!” Somi said a little too quickly. “I want to be there.” And it’s true, she wanted to be there. Not for the drama. Not for some more gossip to fuel her ‘popularity’ dream. No. She wanted to be there so that she could be the shoulder than Yoojung cries on.

“Alright, let’s go.”

With that, the girl’s headed off to the others and to confront Doyeon.

For Chungha it was to figure out Doyeon’s true intentions with her cousin.

For Somi, it was to finally confess her feelings to Yoojung and become a shoulder to cry on.

 

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know that there wasn’t any Dodaeng in this chapter but I promise there will be more in the next one. I just felt like I should do the Chungha x Somi confrontation first to explain a few things.

Thank you for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and just taking the time to read this story, I know I say this all the time but it really does mean a lot to me.

Have a great day/night! :D <3