Rumours

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys, there’ll be another note at the end! I just wanted to clarify a few things…

The first is, I didn’t make it clear which grade the girls are in. Their in Year 10 (UK School System) Which is their second to last year in High school. I can’t find the American or Korean version of this, sorry! So the girls are all around 15/16.

Also, I just want to remind you that this is all fiction. I do not have any bad thoughts about anyone in this fic. I’m just making their characters the way they are to create drama and I guess, keep the fic going without it being cliché (there’s nothing wrong with Cliché fics though!!!)

And finally, this is the longest chapter so far with 1.4k words… So I hope it’s not too long and you enjoy it! :D

Any mistakes are mine and I apologize in advance!

~~~

“Kim Doyeon! You went on a date and didn’t tell me!” Jieqiong whined rather loudly, causing other students who were passing by to look at them.

“Damn, is she your girlfriend?” A random male student shouts.

“Yeah, if you were mine, I wouldn’t cheat on you, baby girl!” Another says.

“She’s not my girlfriend!” Doyeon yelled.

Now is not the time for this. They’re in the middle of a busy hallway, surrounded by nosey people who were desperate for gossip especially if it concerned Doyeon or one of the other ‘popular’ girls.

“And I’m just not into any of you,” Jieqiong smirked as she watched the boys faces drop as they walked away with their heads hanging low.

“That was kinda harsh, Jieqiong,” Doyeon commented, hoping that Jieqiong would drop the subject of a ‘date’ she supposedly went on without knowing.

“Whatever, we both know that you don’t care,” Jieqiong rolled her eyes. Being one of the most popular girls in school she had lots of attention in the romance department from both boys and girls, but she simply wasn’t interested in getting to know any of them. Her ego had became too big and she had become more harsh, although she still had a fair amount of unwanted attention.

Doyeon was the same, although her ego wasn’t as big and she was slowly becoming less and less mean as the days went by. All thanks to a certain girl, Choi Yoojung.

“Choi Yoojung!” Jieqiong shrieked.

“Woah, what?!” Doyeon’s eyes widened.

Had someone seen them together? No, if that happened someone would’ve came over to them, right? Plus she took the smaller girl to a café which was far away from where her friends hung out and no one from school even knows about the place.

“That’s the rumour,” Chaeyeon says, startling Doyeon as she was behind her.

“Woah, you scared me,” Doyeon chuckled.

“Enough of the small talk. What’s the truth?” Jieqiong pressed.

“I… She was just helping me with an assignment,” Doyeon said coolly.

“Do you like her?” Chaeyeon questioned.

“What?!” Doyeon screeched. Again, this caused people to give the trio confused looks, but the girls ignored them. “What makes you think that?”

“You’re not answering the question,” Chaeyeon looked at her dissaprovingly.

“Well, no. I don’t like her. She’s annoying, I’m just using her to get my grades up,” Doyeon said casually.

She just hoped her friends wouldn’t see through her lie.

“Haha! Good, I knew you weren’t a weirdo,” Jieqiong laughed.

“Who started the rumour though?” Doyeon asked.

She needed to know because whoever it was had Hell to pay. Not because of the rumour. She had rumours being spread about her practically every day, another perk of being popular. But because she knew that despite the fact she was the leader of her friend group of the ‘popular’ girls. The others would give Yoojung an even harder time than they were already doing.

It was Doyeon’s fault though. She knew that. She knew that if she hadn’t have gotten a crush on the older girl she would’ve just ignored her but due to her parents bringing her up to believe that “you gotta treat them mean, to keep them keen.” She began picking on her.

Only as she got older she began to realize just how dumb that actually was. She could stop picking on Yoojung and just tell her that she liked her.

Alas, Doyeon’s pride and reputation was more important to her… But she still wanted to know so that she could at least forewarn Yoojung.

“I think it was Somi,” Chaeyeon answered.

Somi??? As in Yoojung’s friend? Why would she do that? Doyeon frowned.

“Right, well I’m gonna go somewhere. I’ll see you guys in class,” Doyeon said as she walked away, not bothering to wait for a response from her friends.

She had to find Somi and find out why she started a dating rumour about her and Yoojung.

~~~

“Hey Yoojung! How was your date with Doyeon?” A girl shouts.

“W-what?” Yoojung was confused.

Her and Doyeon on a date? No chance. Although, she was not opposed to the thought of it happening, it had never happened nor will it ever. So what on Earth is she talking about? Being honest, despite Yoojung only just walking into the school she’d had quite a few people question her about Doyeon. She didn’t understand why though.

Yoojung ignored the passing comments and remarks that were being made about her and headed to the library where she’d agreed to meet her friends.

“Hey Yoojung,” Sohye greeted her with a smile. But Yoojung noticed that it wasn’t a genuine smile, in fact she could see hurt and anger in her friends eyes.

“What did you do after school yesterday?” Somi asked casually.

“N-nothing…” Yoojung lied.

She couldn’t tell her friends that she was with Doyeon, she didn’t have pride or a reputation to worry about like Doyeon did. Yoojung just knew that her friends would be disappointed and somewhat hurt if they knew she was with their bully, even if it was just to study.

“Oh really?” Somi smirked. “I’ve heard that you were alone in a café with Doyeon…” The younger girl trailed off.

“What?” Yoojung’s eyes practically bulged out of their sockets. “Who said that?”

“Doesn’t matter,” Somi shrugged.

Yoojung wanted to press on the subject and find out just who said that, as she knew that if Doyeon found out she’d be furious. She might even blame her for starting the rumour to gain popularity. Yoojung would never do that though. She was happy with her friends and despite the bullying she was quite content with her life.

Yoojung blew out a deep breath before explaining. “I was with Doyeon yesterday, but it isn’t what you think. We were just studying.”

“So, you lied?” Sohye asked, tears forming in her eyes.

“N-no… I just… I didn’t see the big deal or why you guys needed to know. It’s not like you’re my parents,” Yoojung snapped.

Sohye ran out of the room with Nayoung following her.

Somi, however, moved closer to Yoojung until the smaller girl was backed against the wall and their faces were inches apart from each other.

“S-Somi… What are you doing?” Yoojung asked nervously.

Somi chuckled.

“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer…” Somi whispered, before walking away. “See you in class,” she beamed brightly as if nothing had happened.

Yoojung however was frozen on the spot.

What the just happened?

~~~

Doyeon walked around the halls which were getting emptier as students were going to their respective classes. She looked at the clock that was placed in the Hallway just above a window, separating some lockers.

. She cussed to herself. She had 15 minutes before class, she needed to find either Somi or Yoojung. Somi so she could her out and Yoojung so she could warn her that her ‘friend’ was actually a two faced snake.

Right now, she chose Yoojung as the best option.

Where would she be? Doyeon thought to herself. Before deciding to check the library, Yoojung was a huge nerd and usually had a book with her so it made sense.

So, she rushed in the direction of the library. Once she was there she saw Somi leave. Yoojung wasn’t with her though. That bothered her a little but not as much as the huge smirk on Somi’s face did.

Somi looked up at Doyeon, still smirking. “How was your date?”

Doyeon clenched her fist. “You’re horrible.”

“What’s horrible? The idea of being on a date with Yoojung or the rumour?” Somi tilted her head.

“You… Making a rumour about someone who’s meant to be your best friend…” Doyeon took deep breaths. She needed to get away from the other girl before she did something she’d regret. Although, she wouldn’t necessarily regret slapping the smirk off the younger girls face.

Sighing, she pushed past Somi and walked into a library. There she saw Yoojung with a confused look on her face, panting and her cheeks were tinted with a shade of pink.

“D-Doyeon,” Yoojung whimpered.

“Yoojung, are you alright?” Doyeon immediately rushed over to the smaller girl.

“Y-yes, but I didn’t start the rumours about us, I swear!” Yoojung had now lifted her head up and looked at Doyeon.

“I know you didn’t,” The taller girl reassured her.

“It was Somi…” Doyeon told her.

Yoojung’s eyes bulged out of their socket and parted.

Suddenly, Somi’s words hit her.

“Keep your friends close but your enemies closer…”

~~~Author’s Note~~

Hey again!

So I decided to add a little drama to this fic because why not? Haha. I hope you guys don’t mind and still enjoy it! I just want to make it kinda realistic and Idk about you guys but for me high school was full of drama.

I promise that there will be more Dodaeng fluff and flirting though! It won’t be complete drama/angst! :D

Also, if this chapter doesn’t make sense at all please tell me and I’ll fix it! Admittedly I’m quite sick at the moment (just a cold.) And I kinda spaced out a little (I still proofread though, I wouldn’t give you guys something that I hadn’t properly checked over.) But I wanted to give you another update so yeah! I’m sorry again and all mistakes are mine!

Again, I have no ill thoughts of any of the girls. This is pure fiction. I don’t think that any of the girls are bullies or snakes or anything! I just wanted to add drama.

Anyway, I’m rambling so if you made it this far, thank you!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, thank you for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and of course, taking the time to read this! It really means a lot to me.

Until next time!

Have a great day/night! :D <3