Let's Talk (The Beginning)

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

“Yoojung, I love you.”

Somi’s words hung in the air, you could cut the tension with a knife that was surrounding the girls. Doyeon was beyond angry, how dare Somi come and ruin her moment with Yoojung. And how dare she confess to her? Yoojung was hers. Well, technically she wasn’t hers yet. But Doyeon was confident she could win the older girl over. I mean, they had just made up. Somi on the other hand felt anxious. She had finally just confessed to the girl who she has loved for the past however many years. She was wearing her heart on her sleeve. She felt completely vulnerable.  Meanwhile Yoojung just felt completely uneasy. I mean, this is a pretty awkward situation for her. Two people who she has no idea how she feels towards have just confessed to her. One was her long time bully and the other was meant to be her best friend but turned into a bully. It was difficult for her, to say the least.

Minutes must have passed. None of the girls dared to speak because what could they say? This was probably the weirdest situation they’d been in. Eventually after another 30 seconds, Somi spoke up.

“Please say something, Yoojung.”

Upon hearing the younger girl’s voice Yoojung looked up and looked at her. She could see fear, embarrassment and guilt in Somi’s eyes. Yoojung gulped. She had no idea what to even say, and the fact that Doyeon’s nostrils were flaring and she was clenching her fists, she could tell that this wasn’t going to be easy to avoid.

“Yoojung…” The younger girl pleaded, her voice full of desperation.

“I…I…” Yoojung looked around, trying to avoid looking at Doyeon and Somi. “I don’t know what to say, Somi… I’m sorry.” She sighed and looked down.

“I understand, but can we at least talk? I mean, you’ve literally given Doyeon another chance and after everything she’s done…”

“I had nothing to lose though, did I, Somi?” Doyeon spat angrily. “I didn’t have a friendship with Yoojung. Hell, I didn’t even properly know Yoojung.”

“I wasn’t talking to you.” Somi snapped.

“Stop it!” Yoojung practically shouted. She wanted to end the other girl’s bickering before it became a full blown argument or even fight. She hated violence especially when it’s happening with two people who she cares about.

“Sorry,” Doyeon muttered, wrapping her arm around Yoojung, making the older girl smile uncomfortably and flinch slightly at the touch. Once Doyeon felt her flinch, she removed her arm and looked at her sadly.

“You made her uncomfortable!” Somi yelled, totally ignoring Yoojung’s plea.

“And you ignored her asking for us to stop!” Doyeon retaliated.

“BOTH OF YOU STOP!” Yoojung shouted. This caused both Somi and Doyeon to look at her with wide eyes. How could such a small person be so loud? “Doyeon, didn’t make me uncomfortable. It’s just… This situation. Somi, do you understand how hard it is to believe and forgive you after everything that’s happened?”

“Yes. But you gave—”

“Yes. I did give Doyeon a chance to explain herself but with you it’s harder. I will give you a chance to explain but please don’t expect me to forgive you within a second because it doesn’t work like that, Somi.”

“Well then, get the giant to leave!” Somi once again, ignored what Yoojung was saying.

“Will you acknowledge what Yoojung says, for once?” Doyeon snapped.

“Yes, when you’re gone.” Somi narrowed her eyes.

“I’ll only leave if Yoojung tells me to leave.” Doyeon smirked.

“Guys, please.” Yoojung pleaded. “Doyeon, I want to talk more with you but I feel I should give Somi a chance to explain to make it fair.”

“I understand.” Doyeon’s voice softened.

“So, you could meet me somewhere if you don’t wanna sit around here or you could go and swing on the swings or something?” Yoojung suggested.

“I’ll slide down the slide… And hopefully land in your heart.” Doyeon winked.

Yoojung bit her lip and blushed at the younger girl’s comment. She would have responded only she was dragged out of her giddy school girl like trance by the sound of Somi clearing .

“Stop being so greasy, Doyeon. She’s not your girlfriend.” She provoked. Causing Doyeon to let out a low growl.

Yoojung could see Doyeon clenching her fists tighter than before – as if it was even possible. – And standing up, as if she was ready to fight. Not wanting a fight to break out, Yoojung grabbed Doyeon’s wrist to get her attention. Doyeon instantly span around and looked at Yoojung with raised eyebrows.

“Please don’t.” The older girl whispered.

“I won’t. For you, I won’t.” Doyeon smiled. “Alright, I’ll leave you two alone now.” She turned to Somi, her eyes burning a hole into her head. “Any funny business and you’re ing dead, understand?” Her voice was dangerously low and even though she’d never admit it, it was scaring Somi a little.

“Go!” Yoojung pushed her lightly, trying to lighten the mood. However, rather than leaving, Doyeon turned around and engulfed her into a tight hug. Resting her chin on the shorter girl’s head. Using their height difference to her advantage.

“Alright, alright! I’ll see you later.” Doyeon grinned at the older girl, before breaking away from the embrace and walking away, not even bothering to cast another glance at Somi.

~~~

Once Somi was certain that Doyeon couldn’t see them, she sat down next to Yoojung. Close. Uncomfortably close. Like she was practically sitting on the older girl’s lap. She turned around to face Yoojung, noticing that the older girl looked uncomfortable she moved herself away, although she was still basically glued to her side.

“So… You and Doyeon?” Somi spoke, trying to initiate a conversation and turn the attention away from her confession.

“Me and Doyeon are friends.” Yoojung replied shortly. She sounded harsher than intended. “Can you please just talk to me properly about what just happened because Somi, I am so confused right now.”

Somi sighed. It seemed her plan of avoiding that subject didn’t work. bobbed up and down but no words came out. She had lost all her confidence because she was around Yoojung. Alone. No Doyeon. No Chungha. None of their friends. No one. Just her and Yoojung.

“Yoojung… I feel like I’ve said everything that I’ve got to say. I’m just waiting on you.” Somi avoided looking at the older girl.

“I don’t understand, Somi! You can’t just start rumours, screw up all your friendships and then tell me you love me! It’s not fair!” Yoojung cried.

“Fine. Let me tell you a story about my life. Let me tell you about me. The real me.”

“Somi… You’re scaring me…”

“Listen, here’s my story. I’m sure it will cover everything.”

And then Somi told Yoojung something that broke her heart and it made her see Somi in a different way.

A completely different way.

 

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys! In the next chapter I’ll explain Somi’s back story! I just didn’t wanna write a 2/3k chapter because that’s too long for me.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though!

Thank you for subscribing, upvoting, commenting and taking the time to read this story.

Have a great day/night! :D <3