The Storm (Standing Up For Your Girl)

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

Doyeon walked with Jieqiong and Chaeyeon through the park. They were all silent and the atmosphere around them was tense. The only noise they could hear was the noise surrounding them.

“Where are we going?” Doyeon asked, breaking the silence.

“Don’t know.” Jieqiong shrugged.

“Let’s just go to a café,” Chaeyeon suggested and the other girls nodded in agreement.

With that they headed to the nearest Café. None of them knew what to expect to happen though.

~~~

After a five or ten minute walk the girls arrived at the IOI café. Thankfully, it wasn’t too busy so they’d be able to actually talk to each other and hear one another. Doyeon just hoped that the other girl’s wouldn’t cause a scene. That was the last thing Doyeon wanted.

They then sat in the quietest corner of the café. Chaeyeon and Jieqiong sat next to each other whilst Doyeon sat opposite Jieqiong. None of them spoke for what must have been at least two minutes, until a young waitress arrived at their table.

“Hello ladies. What can I get for you?” She offered the girls a warm smile.

“I’ll have a hot chocolate. Thanks.” Doyeon returned the smile.

“We’ll also have a hot chocolate.” Jieqiong ordered for both her and Chaeyeon. They’d been friends for years so she knew what the other girl would like.

“Okay. I’ll bring those to your table as soon as they’re ready.” The waitress then turned around and walked back over to the counter.

Exactly five minutes later she returned with the drinks. “I hope you all enjoy your hot chocolate!” She smiled and left the girls alone again.

~~~

Doyeon had had enough of the silence. She wanted answers. Why did Somi say she thought that they’d help make her popular if she started a rumour? She knew that the girls opposite her were low but she didn’t think that they would be that low.

“So, we need to talk.” Doyeon broke the silence once again.

“Indeed we do.” Jieqiong answered bluntly.

“Why was Somi under the impression that if she started a rumour between me and Yoojung, you’d help her become popular?” Doyeon frowned.

“Well… We didn’t exactly say that.” Chaeyeon answered, taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

“Well then, what did you say?” Doyeon snapped.

“Look, Doyeon. You know that we have a reputation to keep up because of you, remember? You helped make me and Chaeyeon popular. You chose to bully Yoojung and her friends and then suddenly you decide to do a U turn? We were confused and angry.” Jieqiong spoke up, knowing that Chaeyeon would just beat around the bush.

“Oh, so it’s my fault?” Doyeon raised her voice slightly, which startled the other girls. “You’re ridiculous. You’re not sheep. You have opinions and a voice. You don’t have to do what I do.”

“Yeah. Well, we’re not doing what you’re telling is to do now and you’re getting pissy.” Jieqiong snapped back.

“You never answered my question. Why did Somi think you’d make her popular?” Doyeon growled. She couldn’t be bothered arguing with the girls. She knew it was hopeless. They were opinionated and always thought that they were right and she knew that she’d just become more and more frustrated. So instead she just wanted to get answers. The sooner she got the answers, the sooner she could go and see Yoojung and comfort her.

“She told us she had some gossip we’d like, so we said to her that if she could create a solid rumour with it and have evidence to back it up she could become popular. We never explicitly said the words ‘we will make you popular.’” Chaeyeon replied calmly.

“We had no idea that it was about you.”

“And that’s meant to make me feel better? Why didn’t you shut it down once you found out it was about me and Yoojung?” Doyeon felt herself getting irritated.

“We did!” Jieqiong shrieked, causing a few people to turn around and give them odd looks. “We created a ing fake relationship with Suyeon for you. You’re the one who carried it on with the ing library talk!”

“Oh, please.” Doyeon slammed her fist on the table. “You created the fake relationship because you couldn’t bear getting to know Yoojung and her friends. Your head is so stuck up your . All you two care about is popularity and gossip. Which, by the way, will only last in school. What are you gonna do when we leave, huh? Find more people to bully?!” Doyeon was practically shouting now. She didn’t understand why she was so angry.

“Don’t shout at me!” Chaeyeon snapped.

“Doyeon, you’re the one who started bullying Yoojung and her friends. We just went along with it because we wanted to be your friend. You’re the one who created the reputation for us.”

Doyeon sighed. Jieqiong was right. It was her who had started the bullying, but she’d only done it to get Yoojung’s attention. And she’d apologized… Well, only to Yoojung, but still! She was trying to make amends and get rid of the reputation which was following her around. Why couldn’t they see that?

“Plus, getting back to Somi… we or at least I didn’t expect her to sell out her friend like that. I thought she was a decent person, I didn’t realize she was so… Snakey.” Chaeyeon knew that if they got too far off topic the conversation would just turn into a load of insults being thrown back and forth. And as entertaining as that would be, it wasn’t right. They all needed answers and they were going to get them. One way or another.

“Yeah. It’s pathetic what people will do for attention, huh?” Doyeon commented.

“If you’re gonna make some snidey comments then off.” Jieqiong snapped.

“We helped you, Doyeon. We helped Yoojung too, remember? People left her alone.” Chaeyeon joined in, trying to calm the other girls down and trying to get Doyeon to see things from their perspective.

“No, instead they were giving her sympathy and calling me an .”

“Well, you are kinda being an right now.” Jieqiong retorted.

“No I am not. I am trying to understand why everything has happened. Why you guys are such… es! And why Somi would break Yoojung’s trust the way she has.” Doyeon exclaimed.

“We don’t know anything about Somi! We don’t control her, Doyeon. Neither of us expected that she’d sell Yoojung out like that, we just told you.” Chaeyeon was beginning to get irritated now. They were going around in circles and it was becoming pointless.

“Exactly and don’t ever call us es again, Doyeon. You caused this. We go along with your idea’s. You wanted us to bully Yoojung and her friends and we did.”

“Yes, well now I want you to be nice to her. Got it?” Doyeon snapped.

“Do you like her?” Chaeyeon asked.

“Define like.”

“Do you want her to be your girlfriend, Doyeon?” Jieqiong butted in.

“I… I think I might do. I think I like her…” Doyeon admitted, her eyes widening as the words poured out of .

“If you like her, then why did you tell us the other day that you were just using her to get your grades up?” Somi frowned.

“Oh, she said that did she?” The girl’s were startled when they heard a familiar voice. In fact, it was a voice that they had heard possibly half an hour ago. It belonged to Chungha.

“I…” Doyeon was speechless. How much had the older girl heard?

Doyeon looked past Chungha and saw Yoojung with tear stains on her cheeks and fresh tears glistening in her eyes.

“Yoojung, wait.” Doyeon stood up to walk over to the older girl but Yoojung shook her head.

“Stay away from me, Doyeon.” She warned.

“No, please. Let me explain.” Doyeon pleaded.

“So you did say it?” Chungha narrowed her eyes.

“I… Yes. But it wasn’t like that… I just… I don’t know. I’m sorry.” Doyeon felt ashamed of her words. It was just an offhand comment she had made before she figured out her feelings for Yoojung. She didn’t expect it to bite her in the .

“Find yourself a new tutor.” Yoojung said barely audibley with tears falling down her cheeks.

“Yoojung, you don’t mean that.” Doyeon took a step towards Yoojung but the older girl backed away. “Please, let me explain.”

“I need to be alone right now.” Yoojung announced and ran out of the café.

. Doyeon thought to herself.

As if the Somi situation hadn’t already messed up her trust, Doyeon knew that Yoojung would probably not trust her for a very long time – if ever.

“I gotta go and make things right.” Doyeon said, running out of the café and searching for Yoojung.

She would find her. And she would make things right with her.

No matter what.

 

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know that there’s kinda a lot of drama going on, but I promise that there will be fluff soon enough.

I’ve decided that once the drama has finished I will add a few Dodaeng fluff chapters and then end this story. I hope that sounds alright with you guys!

Thank you for your comments, upvotes, subscribing and just taking the time out to read this story! It means a lot.

Have a great day/night! And Happy Easter (if you celebrate it!) :D <3