Maybe I Just Want To Know You

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

The following morning was similar for Yoojung except rather than people bombarding her with questions, they were commiserating her. It was safe to say, Yoojung was completely confused.

“I can’t believe Doyeon did that to you!” A student exclaimed.

“Damn, you were dating yesterday… What happened?” Another asked.

“I knew it wouldn’t last,” another stated proudly.

What’s going on? Yoojung thought to herself. Shrugging it off, she continued to push past the students, until someone said something which caught her attention.

“Stupid , no wonder Doyeon cheated on you and found someone else.”

It wasn’t the fact that the student called her a ‘stupid .’ Yoojung couldn’t care less about that, she was used to abuse off other students. It was the other part. “No wonder Doyeon cheated on you and is dating someone else.” Doyeon was dating someone else?

Yoojung frowned. Why would Doyeon call her ‘cutie’ and basically say that she wanted to call her, her girlfriend and then date someone else?

But that’s when Yoojung realized. It was Doyeon, she was thinking about.

The girl who had teased and bullied her for years.

The girl who’d constantly put her and her friends down.

That’s when it clicked in Yoojung’s mind. Doyeon was probably just ing with her the whole time. She wanted her to look like an idiot. And boy, did she get what she wanted.

The smaller girl clenched her fists and exhaled sharply, before pushing through the crowd of people and heading towards the library, because she knew that that’s where her friends were most likely to be. And right now, she just needed a friend.

Of course, her journey didn’t go smoothly though. The smaller girl was walking along the corridor when she saw Doyeon and Suyeon standing awfully close together. She knew she should look away because the sight would just make her angry but instead her eyes were glued to the girls. She gritted her teeth when she saw their hands touch, when she saw them hug and then when they leaned in for a kiss. That was it. She couldn’t handle it.

“Doyeon!” She practically yelled, causing the girls to pull apart.

“Are you ing serious? What do you want, short ?” Suyeon turned to face the smaller girl, annoyance evident on her facial features and in her voice.

“I need to talk to Doyeon,” Yoojung answered back. Her chest heaving in anger.

“I can handle it, just give me a few minutes.” Doyeon said to Suyeon who just nodded in agreement.

“I’ll see you later, babe.” Suyeon kissed Doyeon on the cheek and smirked at Yoojung before walking away.

Doyeon went to open but before she could Yoojung grabbed her sleeve and pulled her into an empty classroom. The smaller girl pushed her against the wall. Doyeon was secretly liking this side of her but she knew that she shouldn’t be thinking like that.

“Yoojung,” Doyeon’s voice was low.

“What the are you doing?! You’re telling me one thing and then doing another.” Yoojung spits with clear anger in her voice.

“I’m helping you. The rumours about you are gone and everyone’s leaving you alone, right?” Doyeon tried to explain.

Yoojung rolled her eyes. “Oh, wow. What a ing saviour you are, Doyeon.” She snapped. “But no, Doyeon. No one has left me alone, instead they’re ing pitying me. Although, some people think you’re an .”

“Do you think I’m an ?”

“What do you think, Doyeon?”

Doyeon sighed. Yoojung swore she saw hurt flash through the taller girls hair. Doyeon pushed Yoojung away slightly, looking down.

“I really did it for you, Yoojung. I didn’t want people to put you down-“

“You mean like you and your friends have for the past few years?” Yoojung snapped her voice laced with venom.

“I…” Doyeon sighed again. “No, I’m sorry… I just…” She raked a hand through her hair.

“How could you tell me you want to call me your girlfriend and then date someone else?” Yoojung could feel tears welling up in her eyes.

She shook her head. Why should I waste tears over that tall jerk? She thought to herself before laughing bitterly. “In fact, no, Doyeon. I know how you could say that, you wanted to with me. I get that… I guess, I’m more mad at myself for believing you.”

“I wasn’t lying when I said that I wanted to call you my girlfriend,” the taller girl said in a low voice. “I really do.”

“Stop lying!” Yoojung spat.

“I-I’m not, Yoojung. I swear.” Doyeon was practically pleading with the older girl.

“Well, you’re with Suyeon now. So it’s whatever.”

“NO!” Doyeon practically squealed. “I’m not actually dating her… It’s fake, Yoojung. I feel nothing towards her. At all.”

“Right. And that’s why you almost kissed her?”

“We had to make it look real!” Dhe defended herself.

“Whatever. I don’t care.” Yoojung went to leave but felt a strong tag on her arm. It was Doyeon flipping their positions so that Yoojung was against the wall. Déjà vu.

“Well, I do. Yoojung, I like you. I know I haven’t acted like it but it’s true.”

“Yeah, calling me ugly, , idiot. Yeah, that’s so affectionate, isn’t it?” Yoojung glared trying to squirm out of Doyeon’s grip.

“I’m sorry! I… I didn’t know how to approach you, so I took a cowards way out and just bullied you but I deeply regret it and I’d do anything to make it up to you, Yoojung. Anything.”

“You could’ve said ‘hello.’”

Doyeon sighed. The smaller girl clearly wouldn’t listen. She took a deep breath, now was the perfect time to admit her plan.

“Yoojung… Have you ever wondered why we’ve been getting paired a lot together?” She asked.

“Well, yeah. What does that have to do with this?”

“I… I asked to be put with you specifically,” the younger girl embarrassed with a red tint creeping up on her cheeks. “You can ask any of the teachers who teach our classes together. They’ll tell you.”

“Why?” Yoojung was dumbfounded.

She still wasn’t sure whether she could trust the taller girl or not.

“Because, Yoojung. Maybe, just maybe, I just want to know you…”

 

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys! I know that this story is probably getting predictable and boring BUT I promise that there’s more drama, fluff, angst to come. So please stick with me!

Anyway, I’m not sure how regularly I’ll be able to update as I just moved into a new place! But I’ll try my best!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for commenting, subscribing, upvoting and just taking the time to read this story.

Have a great day/night! :D <3