I'm Here For You

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

It had been days since Yoojung and Somi had last spoken. The older girl felt bad about what had happened, not only had she rejected the younger girl in a rather blunt, straight forward manner. She had lost one of her best friends. I mean, things were rocky enough between them but now they were destroyed. What worried Yoojung more was that she hadn’t actually seen Somi since that day, not even in school. She had been tempted to go to her house and see if she was in there, but she thought better of that. She didn’t want to add salt into the wound.

Doyeon had been an absolute angel to her though. There had been times when Yoojung would cry for hours and hours and Doyeon would just sit there and comfort her. She had even stayed on the phone until 3am, just listening to the older girl as she sobbed. Although, both Doyeon and Yoojung knew that there was still a lot of broken trust between them; they could see that things were slowly getting better for them.

~~~

Today was a typical Tuesday. Although, for Doyeon and Yoojung, it was different. Rather than sitting in a café studying, they were laying on Doyeon’s bed cuddling. Doyeon’s arms wrapped around the older girl’s waist whilst the older girl was resting her head on the younger girl’s chest. They had been like this for at least half an hour now. And they would’ve stayed like this except Doyeon needed the toilet.

“Yoojung,” she whispered; hoping that the older girl wasn’t asleep.

“Hm?” Yoojung mumbled.

“I need the toilet.”

“Oh, okay.” Yoojung lifted her head off Doyeon’s chest and stretched. “Sorry, if I was heavy or anything.” She yawned.

“How many times do I have to tell you. You are not heavy, Yoojung.” Doyeon stood up and walked to the door. “Alright, I’ll be back in a minute.” With that, she exited the room.

Yoojung sighed and shuffled back into a comfortable position on the younger girl’s bed. She wasn’t sure how her and Doyeon had suddenly became close enough to share a bed. Hell, she didn’t even trust her that much. She would’ve spent more time trying to figure out how they had suddenly gotten into this strange relationship but her phone buzzing distracted her.

Sohye: Hey, Yoojung. Are you okay? We haven’t heard from you since the confrontation the other day and we’re worried about you.

Yoojung read the message and sighed. She felt bad because since that day she had basically neglected her friends and had given Doyeon all of her attention. She wasn’t sure why she had done that though. She guessed that she was worried they knew about what happened with Somi and they were mad at her. Quickly, she twiddled her thumbs over her phone’s keyboard before typing a message back.

Yoojung: Hi! I’m so sorry I’ve been away… I just haven’t felt too good lately. I miss you.

Sohye: We miss you too. But you seem to have moved on from us. We know that you’re with Doyeon right now, but please don’t forget about us. We care about you.

Yoojung read that message and squeezed her eyes shut. She could feel tears forming in her eyes.

“Are you alright?” Yoojung was pulled out of her trance by Doyeon’s voice.

“I-I’m fine.” Yoojung sniffled, tears were now dripping down her cheeks.

Doyeon knew at this point that the older girl was not fine. She was far from fine. So she sat next to her on the bed and started playing with her hair as in the past couple of days she had learnt that that soothes her. “You don’t have to lie to me, you know?” She said softly. “I’m here for you.”

“Sohye text me.” Yoojung sobbed. “She said she misses me but she feels like I’ve moved on from her and Nayoung because I’m always with you.” She sobbed harder, as if it was even possible.

“Well… Why don’t you meet up with them?” Doyeon asked softly, rubbing circles on the older girl’s back. “You know, show them that you’re still their friend and you still enjoy their company.”

“I want to, but I’m scared.” Yoojung’s voice was shaky, as she tried to wipe her tears with the sleeves of her hoody.

“Scared of what?”

“I’m scared they know about Somi and they’re mad at me.”

“Hey, I don’t think they are. What did the message say?”

Yoojung didn’t give a verbal answer, instead she just gave Doyeon her phone and allowed her to read the messages herself. Once she read it she sighed and handed the phone back to the older girl.

“She doesn’t seem that mad, Yoojung. She literally said that her and Nayoung care about you and they miss you. So, why don’t you just ask to meet up!” Doyeon tried to cheer the older girl up but she was met with a sigh and the latter looking at her with confusion written all over her face. Before the older girl had a chance to speak, Doyeon spoke again. “Come on, Yoojung. What have you got to lose?”

Yoojung pursed her lips and thought for a moment. “I… Nothing but-“

“But nothing. Come on, Yoojung, don’t you want to see other people besides me?” Doyeon asked, not thinking of her choice of words.

Yoojung glared and shuffled away from her. “So, you want to see other people besides me?” She twisted the younger girl’s question around and glared.

“What? No?” Doyeon’s eyes widened. She was completely dumbfounded. That’s when she remembered her choice of words, although she still couldn’t understand where Yoojung was coming from with her question. Not wanting to have an unnecasery argument she bit her lip, exhaled a sharp breath and calmly replied. “No, Yoojung. Just listen to me, what if…” She hesitated. “What if, one day, God forbid. What if one day we have an argument? You’ll have no one to talk to about it.”

“Well, I would hope that we could talk about it together and sort it out properly.” Yoojung argued.

Doyeon sighed. This was going to be harder than she initially thought. Why was Yoojung being so… difficult? She could feel herself getting closer to snapping at her but she knew that the older girl was feeling pretty vulnerable right now. Especially when it comes to friendships considering everything she has been through.

“Yoojung, that’s not what I meant. I just want you to have other friends, you know? Because we don’t have that many classes together when you think about it and it’s hard in school.”

“I thought you said you didn’t want other people’s opinions to get in between us.”

“Yoojung, please!” Doyeon raised her voice slightly, startling the older girl. “Please just meet with your friends. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“They might hate me…” Yoojung’s voice came out shaky.

“I’m sure they don’t. They didn’t seem threatening in their text messages, and you’ll never know how they feel if you never try. Who knows, you could be best of friends again.” Doyeon reasoned with her.

Yoojung nodded. “Okay, I’ll call Sohye now. I’m sure Nayoung will be with her.” The older girl smiled a little, before unlocking her phone and scrolling through her contact list to find Sohye.

“Oh and Yoojung, don’t forget that I’m here for you.” Doyeon offered the older girl a warm smile which gave Yoojung the confidence to press the call button.

 

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hey guys, so I tried to add a bit of Dodaeng fluff! I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and just taking the time out to read this story.

Have a great day/night! :D <3