This Is A Recipe For Disaster

Maybe, I Just Want To Know You

It was another typical Monday for Yoojung, school, studying, name calling. The usual.

Yojung sighed deeply, taking her usual seat next to Sohye. Nayoung and Somi were playing on their phones; meanwhile Sohye was engrossed in her book. The small girl grabbed an apple out of her bag, smiling a little as she began to eat it.  

“Loser,” she heard a voice say. Yoojung rolled her eyes. It was Doyeon, the most popular yet meanest girl in school. Yoojung was unaffected by Doyeon and her friends insults, as the taller girl had been calling her names since first grade, they were now in third grade and still Yoojung nor any of Doyeon’s friends, knew why she was so against the small girl.

“Leave us alone!” Somi snapped, turning to the tall girl.

“Or what?” Doyeon smirked, taking a step towards Somi.

“Do you not have lives? You’ve been doing this since first grade,” Nayoung snapped.

“Do you not have facial expressions? You’ve had a stone face since first grade,” Jieqiong said, causing the group of girls to laugh.

“Can you please just go away?” Sohye said almost inaudibly.

Doyeon looked at Sohye, tilting her head. She could see that Sohye was overwhelmed by all of the people, which confused her a little as what Nayoung had said was true, her and her group had been going up to them since first grade. Nevertheless Doyeon took pity on the smaller girl and dragged her friends away from the table.

“Thank you,” Yoojung smiled weakly at her friends. They always stood up for her and despite her lack of friends, the ones that she had, she was entirely thankful for.

The rest of the girls lunch break went smoothly, they were chatting, laughing and joking with one another, until the bell rang, where they then parted and headed to their respective classes.

Yoojung had history. The lesson which she dreaded, not because she found it boring, she didn’t she actually really enjoyed it, but because none of her friends were in her class and to top it off Doyeon and most of the “popular” crowd were there. Taking a deep breath Yoojung pushed open the door and sat in her respective seat in the front row.

She sat there for a few minutes, grabbing her book and pen she began writing the date, when the door burst open with Doyeon strutting into the room followed by her friends. Yoojung rolled her eyes, she didn’t understand Doyeon. She didn’t understand why the taller girl had some sort of vendetta towards her. She didn’t understand why she was always so loud and dramatic. She shook her head, she would never understand her and if she was honest, she didn’t want to.

“Good afternoon class,” a man who looked like he was in his late thirties walked into the classroom, dressed in a suit with an unshaved face. Yoojung frowned, he wasn’t usually their teacher. “Your usual teacher is off sick, so I’m just here to fill in.”

“Cool, so can we just go on our phones?” Doyeon smirked.

“No. I’ve been given work for you to do,” the man answered as he began handing out worksheets.

“You’re giving us work and yet we don’t even know your name,” Mina frowned.

“Ah yes, my name’s Mr.Porter,” the man answered as he wrote his name on the board; turning back he picked up a sheet of paper from the teachers desk. “Right, now I’ve been told to put you into pairs.”

Mr. Porter had read out almost all of the girl’s names all that was left was Doyeon, Yoojung, Mina and Chungha. Yoojung squeezed her eyes shut; she became more and more nervous.

“And finally, Kim Doyeon and Choi Yoojung!” The man grinned.

Yoojung’s mouth opened in shock. She couldn’t do that. There was no way she could work with Doyeon, the girl who had made her life hell... Although she was cute, Yoojung shook her head. Doyeon was not cute, she was evil she kept telling herself.

“Are you sure you read that right?” Doyeon asked, sounding annoyed.

“Yes. Kim Doyeon and Choi Yoojung,” Mr. Porter repeated.

Sighing, Doyeon walked over to Yoojung’s desk and pulled out the chair next to the smaller girl. The rest of the class was laughing and making comments. Yoojung didn’t care though; she was just worried about what may happen with Doyeon as her partner.