Secrets Revealed

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 – Secrets Revealed

Mo Yeon is about to step out of her unit. It’s been 2 weeks since she last saw Si Jin even though they live in the same building. He has been busy with work at the law firm and at the same time managing the racing team while she is busy juggling her work at YK Hospital and Lightning Race Magazine. Things have been busy at the hospital since YK already agreed with TaePark’s proposal. Thus in effect, YK will be changing names from YK Orthopedic Hospital to YK Hospital to reflect their move to a broader market. As a result both she and Si Jin have a lot of work to do. She can’t even catch a glimpse of him when he visits the hospital to have discussions with her uncle and mom because by that time she’s on her way to Lightning Race Magazine to attend to her editor-in-chief duties.

She has to admit that she misses Si Jin. Their morning conversations on their way to work to their conversations after work, in general she just misses the guy. As she was approaching her beloved grey BMW 340i, she noticed that a bouquet of tulips in various colors is on top of the hood. She picked it up and read the card that came with it, “Dr. Kang, I hope the flowers will cheer you up. I miss you. I’ll see you soon neighbor :-) Love, Atty. Yoo.” As soon as she finished reading the card, her phone beeped indicating that an SMS came in. She reached for her mobile and read the message.

Si Jin: Dr. Kang I left something on top of your car’s hood. I hope you got it. I miss you :-)

She then got inside her car and placed her things including the bouquet on top of the passenger’s seat before she grabbed her mobile to type a reply.

Mo Yeon: Yes I did. Thank you. It cheered me up. I miss you too :-)

She then sent the message to Si Jin and started the car. She wasn’t able to shift gears yet to make the car move forward when her phone beeped again.

Si Jin: Awww you’re making me blush Dr. Kang J By the way, I heard that Atty. Shin has been sending you flowers for the past 2 weeks what are you doing with them? hmmmppp

She laughed after reading his reply because he could imagine Si Jin’s face while pouting. She then decided to and typed her reply.

Mo Yeon: Yes he has been sending flowers. Some are in my office actually they’re so nice to throw away :-) Wait how did you know about that? Are you stalking me?

She then sent her reply. Just a few seconds later she received Si Jin’s reply.

Si Jin: Let’s just say I have my sources. You mean you’re keeping the flowers he gave you?! 

She can’t help but laugh at Si Jin’s reply. She decided to send him the following reply:

Mo Yeon: Yes I do, in my office. Don’t worry the flowers you gave me are the ones I keep at home plus you’re still my favorite lawyer :-) I hope that cheers you up. I’ll see you soon Atty. Yoo :-)

Before she started driving Si Jin sent a reply to made her eyes go wide,

Si Jin: Well, it did cheer me up Dr. Kang :-) I’ll see you soon. I love you.

Okay what was that?, she thought. She decided to just discuss it with Si Jin in another time. For now she needs to focus on her work she has a long day ahead. She then started moving out of the parking slot to drive to YK Hospital.

 

Mo Yeon woke up with a start because her mobile has been ringing incessantly. It’s a Saturday and she’s catching up on sleep something she lacked for the past few weeks. She looked at the screen and in spite of a blurred vision she was able to read in the screen that it was Dae Young calling her.

“Hello?” she groggily said.

“Mo Yeon, I’m so sorry for waking you up. But can you check on Si Jin? He’s supposed to be here at the 707 Alpha Racing Team office, however he’s still not here. The team’s a bit worried. He’s usually early or on time when it comes to meetings. I’ve tried calling him but he doesn’t pick-up his phone” Dae Young replied a tinge of worry in his voice.

Now that woke her up. She stood up and starting heading to the bathroom. “Sure I’ll check on him. I will call you as soon as I have news” she informed Dae Young.

“Ok thanks Mo Yeon” Dae Young said then ended the call.

She hurriedly washed her face and brushed her teeth. She also changed into a decent pair of white shirt and khaki shorts before leaving her unit. Using the stairs, she then climbed up to reach the penthouse. When she reached Si Jin’s door she decided to press the doorbell first. However after a few minutes no one opened the door so she decided to press the combination for the door to open. She went in and scanned the area for Si Jin. Since it is already morning, light is streaming through the windows thus the penthouse is illuminated without the need to turn on the lights. Her eyes kept scanning the place and noticed that Si Jin’s briefcase was haphazardly placed on top of the bar counter. She then continued to wander around the place. Finally, she reached the area where she knows Si Jin’s bedroom is. The door is half open so she peeked in and saw that Si Jin is sleeping on the bed. She decided to softly knock on the door. When he didn’t answer she silently made her way towards him. He then noticed that although Si Jin is wearing a white undershirt he is still wearing black slacks while half of his body is covered in a blanket. She also noticed that he is still wearing his socks. Her eyes then darted towards his bedside table and noticed that a sachet of tablets and an empty glass is on top of it. She then reached for the sachet and read that is a paracetamol tablet. Si Jin slightly moaned so she decided to touch his forehead and it is burning hot. She looked around and unfortunately she can’t see a thermometer anywhere.

She then slightly shook him to wake him up, “Atty. Yoo I know you have a fever but you have to change your clothes.” He didn’t immediately respond so she decided to slightly massage his forehead with her hand and gently say, “Si Jin you have to wake up. You have to change your clothes and eat before you take your medicine.”

Si Jin started stirring a little and slowly opened his eyes. He smiled upon recognizing her face and said, “Am I in heaven already? I’m looking at an angel.”

Mo Yeon can’t help but laugh slightly, “Okay mister your fever most probably is really high. You’re starting to get delusional. And don’t you have a thermometer?” she asked.

Si Jin who is now holding her arm shook his head slightly while pouting. Mo Yeon is about to berate him for not looking after himself but decided not to. She is in between feeling sorry for him and finding him cute. Sorry, because he sick and cute, because he looks like a lost, helpless child and the way he is looking at her is simply adorable.

“Okay, you have to stand up because you need to change” she told him gently. “I’ll prepare a sponge bath for you. But you have to do it yourself because it would we too awkward if I’ll be doing it. I’ll assist you to go to your bathroom though.”

Si Jin who is now seating up weakly said, “Why will it be awkward?”

“Atty. Si Jin Yoo would you like me to help you or not?” she said with eyebrows raised.

“Okay, okay. I’ll stop teasing you” Si Jin said weakly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter