Bonus Ch 3- Reassuring Uncertainties

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus Chapter 3 – Reassuring Uncertainties

Si Jin and Mo Yeon are lying on the bed in the master’s bedroom, both of them just enjoying the relaxed night that they are planning to spend at home. The two of them just arrived from the US having attended separate 1 week conferences, him in New York City while Mo Yeon in Boston, Massachusetts. They arrived home together since he decided to just wait for Mo Yeon at the airport although his flight arrived a few hours earlier than hers. He has to admit that not being able to see her personally everyday for one week was a bit unsettling for him, further proof of how much he has gotten used to her presence. After they arrived they just decided to ordered food for dinner and after eating their dinner, they are both on top of his bed, him with his back rested on the headboard gently running his hand through Mo Yeon’s hair while her head is on top of his chest with her arm around his waist. They are watching Captain America: Civil War. However while the scene wherein Captain America and Scarlet Witch are talking, with Vision suddenly bursting from the wall is being shown, Mo Yeon suddenly sat up which surprised Si Jin.

“Si Jin what will you do if you find out that we can’t have kids?” Mo Yeon suddenly asked.

He looked at his fiancée with utmost surprise and curiosity.

Mo Yeon noticed his facial reaction and elaborated, “I mean, what are you going to do if we would have the same problem as our parents?” She took a deep breath then bowed her head and continued, “We are both IVF babies and we don’t know, it’s highly possible that the same problem they had may happen to us. Do you think we should get tested before we push through with the wedding?”

Si Jin sat up and tilted Mo Yeon’s chin so that she would be looking at him. He then held her hands and asked, “Okay you got me there. Where did these thoughts come from?”

Mo Yeon took a deep breath again as if to steady herself and said, “Well I thought about it because of the conference I attended. It’s about genetics you know and while listening to the speaker that’s when it occurred to me that it is highly possible for us to have difficulties conceiving as well. Like what happened to our parents.”

Si Jin then reached out and hugged Mo Yeon and told her, “Okay to answer your questions. First, I would be lying if I would say I will not be disappointed if we will not have kids. After all, I think we will make good looking, smart and kind hearted children so having our genes go to waste will be a total downer. Second, I am also confident that we would be good parents. Actually, I even think that you would even be better at parenting than me and I’m not saying that to make you feel better. I mean look at Jin Woo, he grew up to be a good child and you were involved in rearing him. Now if you want us both to be tested before we get married, I’ll agree but it’s not because I see it as necessary but if that will put you at ease then so be it. Mo Yeon, I will marry you because I love you very much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. That’s what’s important for me. The wedding will push through even though we get tested or not and even if the result of that test is positive or negative.”      

Si Jin felt Mo Yeon relax a little and hugged him back, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to think negatively it’s just that from a medical point of view I thought that it was a possibility. And I want to have kids with you too. I agree with you, I think we will make good looking, smart and kind hearted children and that I am confident that you will be a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter