Surprises

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 – Surprises

Mo Yeon received a late night call from Myeong Ju informing her that she has to go to YK Orthopedic Hospital in the morning for a meeting to discuss about a case filed by TaePark Hospital. The said hospital is partly owned by Dr. Eun-ji Kim’s family, a doctor who previously worked at their hospital but was asked to resign by the management team because of the numerous complaints they received from their patients or the patients' families, most of which are due to misdiagnosis. When TaePark Hospital opened a lot of their existing patients were pirated by Dr. Kim to transfer to TaePark by offering perks such as discounts and freebies. Initially, YK Hospital experienced a decline with patient admission and consultation however she and the board, were confident that this will pass as their experience, quality of service and knowledge will speak for itself and true enough most of the patients who transferred regretted doing so because they were misdiagnosed which led to additional expenses. Now TaePark’s management team is trying to turn the tables by accusing them as the ones who are pirating patients. They know that the case is baseless but the management team of YK decided to still address the issue in a legal manner to avoid any damage it will do to the reputation of their hospital. She also read an email informing her that Yoo & Associates Law Firm have accepted their offer to be the one to handle the case and Atty. Si Jin Yoo will be the lawyer in charge. So I guess I would really be seeing him more often, she thought. She made her way to the door to get out of her unit. When she opened it, Si Jin’s face greeted her.

“Hi, good morning!” he said with a big smile on his face.

 Because of shock, she instinctively placed a hand on her chest. “You scared me. What are you doing here so early?” she said.

“Well, I thought it would be a good idea if we just go together at YK since I know that you don’t have your car with you. Anyway, here you go” Si Jin said while handing him a cup of coffee.

“Thank you” she said. Then she opened the lid and smelled the coffee’s aroma. She then remarked enthusiastically, “You got me caramel macchiato!”

“Yes, I know it’s your favorite” Si Jin said with a big smile on his face.

She then took a glance at him and noticed that he is still smiling. “What are you smiling about?” she asked.

“It’s just a beautiful morning that’s all” he replied nonchalantly.

They rode the elevator to get to the building’s parking area and were able to get there pretty quick since it is still early in the morning and most of the tenants are just preparing to go out. As soon as they got in the car their conversation resumed.

“Since you are not surprised that I will be going to YK Hospital I assume you already know that I will be representing you guys in this case” Si Jin remarked.

“Yes. I read the email last night. I’m sure this will be an easy case for you to handle. Not bragging about it, I can say myself that we will win this easily.”

The car started pulling out of the parking space and Si Jin said, “I agree. It’s pretty baseless actually and is just designed to destroy the hospital’s image to the public.” He then glanced at her, “By the way is it true that you got into a big argument with Dr. Eun-ji Kim before she “resigned” from the hospital?”

She also glanced at him before responding, “Yes, why?”

“Well, she mentioned your name in the affidavit she submitted stating that you degraded her.”

She rolled her eyes, “Oh please! I didn’t degrade her. We wouldn’t have gone into that argument if she didn’t misdiagnose another patient again and I had to fix her mess. That was the 20th patient who filed a complaint against her in just a month.”

Si Jin chuckled at Mo Yeon’s reaction. He has to admit, she is still beautiful even though she is frustrated. Their conversation was cut short because they already arrived at YK Hospital and as soon as he was able to park the car they started walking towards the building. Upon entering, Mo Yeon was warmly greeted by the hospital’s staff while he received polite greetings from them. She then motioned to a middle aged nice looking woman to come over.

“Nurse Ha, this is Atty. Yoo. He has a meeting with the board this morning. Kindly him to the board room as I need to go to my office to do some things.”

“No problem, Dr. Kang” Nurse Ha replied.

Mo Yeon then turned to him and said, “Atty. Yoo, this is Nurse Ha. She is our Chief Nurse and Admin Head.”

He then extended his hand for a handshake with Nurse Ha, “Nice to meet you Nurse Ha.” He then turned to Mo Yeon and said, “But, is it okay if I just go with you to your office as well? We still have an hour before the meeting anyway.”

“Alright, then” she then turned to Nurse Ha, “Just kindly send someone to my office 15 minutes before the meeting starts. By the way, order sandwiches for the staff this morning. Put it on my tab okay?”

“Noted Dr. Kang” Nurse Ha said with a smile.

Mo Yeon then started walking towards her office with Si Jin following suit. However, whispered remarks coming from people they passed by didn’t escape Si Jin’s hearing. Comments ranging from, Is that Si Jin Yoo the race car driver? He’s a lawyer too? Is there anything he can’t do? to remarks stating What is his relationship with Dr. Kang? Is she his girlfriend? He was chuckling while he was walking because of what he heard while Mo Yeon just kept shooting glances at him while shaking her head. After a few minutes they stopped in front a door which she assumed is Mo Yeon’s office. They then entered and he was greeted by a sky blue colored office which gives a relaxing vibe. He took a seat in one of the vacant chairs while Mo Yeon sat in an office chair.

He then asked, “Why did you choose sky blue as the color for your office?”

“Well it’s more relaxing and there are times I have children as patients so I thought the color has a more friendly and relaxing vibe to it.”

“I see.”

“By the way, here is the WiFi password in case you need it” she then gave him the paper where the password is written. “I’m just going to do some work since after the meeting I will be going to the Lightning Race office already.”

“Okay.”

Mo Yeon then proceeded to start working while he opened his laptop attempting to do the same. However, he just can’t seem to concentrate as he keeps on stealing glances at Mo Yeon who he knows doesn’t notice what he’s doing because she’s really concentrating and getting work done. She’s really beautiful, he thought. His reverie was interrupted when he heard a soft knock on the door. It was Nurse Ha informing them that some of the attendees are in the board room already. Mo Yeon thanked the nurse, closed her laptop gathered her things and went out of the room with him doing the same.

 

She has to admit Si Jin’s really good. Being a lawyer really suits him. He wasn’t just confident during the meeting but he also made sense. Because of that the rest of the board are in high spirits during the meeting.

“You’re really good” her Uncle Gil Joon commented. “Just like your father maybe you’re even better.”

Si Jin laughed good naturedly, “Thank you sir, but I think my father is still better. He’s way more experienced.”

“Though it is true that experience matters, we can see why you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter