Beautiful Soul

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 – Beautiful Soul

Si Jin is on his way to Mo Yeon’s unit. For the past few weeks they have established a routine, him bringing her to and fetching her from work while in return she would prepare a light breakfast for the two of them consisting of sandwiches and coffee which they would normally eat on their way to work. Yoon Gi’s return seems to not have affected their “relationship” from how he sees it and he wants to make it stay that way. They haven’t heard from Yoon Gi after the race, which Si Jin won. He is anticipating though that they will see him again once Lightning Race Magazine was able to finalize the logistical schedule for their feature.

He is actually looking forward to today because it is Mo Yeon’s birthday and he is excited to spend the day with her since it’s been quite some time since he was able to celebrate her birthday with her. When they were in college the most he could do was to leave during her birthday 3 stems of red tulips (her favorite flowers) on her doorstep without her knowing that it’s him leaving those.

He reached her doorstep and rang the doorbell. However after a few minutes of waiting, no one opened the door. He got a bit worried and decided to call Myeong Ju to ask if she knows where Mo Yeon is. He knows that she is on leave from her work at Lightning Race Magazine because he asked Chi-hoon about it yesterday. After a few rings Myeong Ju picked up the call.

“Hey Myeong Ju, would you know where Mo Yeon is? I’m here at her unit but no one’s answering” he asked Myeong Ju.

“Oh I see. Well you can come over here at YK Hospital and I’ll tell you where she is” Myeong Ju said.

“Huh? But…” he wasn’t able to finish his sentence because Myeong Ju already ended the call.

Myeong Ju’s voice sounded normal on the phone though, so he knows that there’s nothing he should worry about. He then decided to go to the parking area and drive to YK Hospital.

 

He was carrying a bouquet of red and pink tulips while entering YK Hospital which earned him curious stares from patients and staff alike. He reached into his pocket for his phone and was about to call Myeong Ju again when she spotted her waving at him. He decided to walk over to where she is.

“Wow thanks for the flowers. You’re so thoughtful!” Myeong Ju said teasing him.

He laughed and I said, “As much as I like you because you’re my soon to be cousin in law and we’re friends, obviously you’re not my type and I’m sure you know this is not for you.” He then looked around, “So is Mo Yeon here?”

Myeong Yu made a tsk tsking sound, “So excited and in a hurry. Come on follow me and I’ll show you where she is.”

Myeong then walked ahead with him following suit. They then stopped in front of a door with a signage that says Pediatric Ward. Myeong Ju slowly opened the door and Si Jin was greeted with the sight of children seating in wheelchairs and chairs, their attention focused on someone in front. His eyes followed the direction of where the children are looking at and he saw Mo Yeon sitting in a chair in front, reading a story to them. He then turned to Myeong Ju silently asking for an explanation.

“She does this on her birthday every chance she gets” Myeong Ju said in a low voice, admiration clearly written on her face. “When she was in medical school she would usually send money that she saved from her allowance and her savings from being a student assistant to Nurse Ha, so that Nurse Ha could organize something for the children on her birthday. But now that she’s back, she’s the one who do it personally. The kids confined in this ward are either coming from indigent families or abandoned. I remember Mo Yeon was so insistent that we have this kind of section in the hospital. She said it is our responsibility to give back since the hospital has been successful for so many years.”

Mo Yeon already ended her story amidst applause from the children with some requesting for another story to be told. Mo Yeon’s eyes then darted towards him and Myeong Ju, and her eyes lit up when she saw him.

“Umm kids I think you have another visitor aside from Aunt Myeong Ju” Mo Yeon said. With a big smile on her, she then motioned for him to come over which he did.

When he got in front, Mo Yeon introduced him to the children, “Okay kids this is Uncle..” however she wasn’t able to finish her sentence because several kids shouted, “He Si Jin Yoo the race car driver” then some also shouted, “No he’s a lawyer”

Mo Yeon decided to take control with her speaking a bit louder, “Okay kids settle down and stop arguing. Uncle Si Jin is both. He is a race car driver and a lawyer.”

“Aunt Mo Yeon is he your boyfriend?” a little girl asked.

Mo Yeon was taken by surprise with the question, “Uhhhhh he’s….” but before she could finish her sentence he decided to put his arm around her shoulders, “Yes, I’m Aunt Mo Yeon’s boyfriend” he said with a big smile on his face, “Do we look good together?”

“Yes” a lot of the children responded even with some cheering and clapping their hands. However, a loud cry was heard. He and Mo Yeon looked around to find where the sound came from. They noticed it was a little boy who was crying. They both rushed to the boy’s side and upon seeing Mo Yeon the little boy hugged her. She then patted the little boy at the back to comfort him. She then decided to look at the little boy and asked gently, “Jin Woo why are you crying?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter