The Unbearable Truth

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 – The Unbearable Truth

Si Jin is looking intently at the royal blue colored velvet ring boxes on top of his desk. He opened one and the ring inside it. He must have spaced out while looking at the ring because he didn’t even notice that his cousin Dae Young already entered his office until the man cleared his throat.

“Ehem. Is that what I think it is?” Dae Young asked with a knowing smile on his face.

He gave a lopsided smile before answering, “I guess so. That is if we’re thinking of the same thing.”

Dae Young walked over to his desk and took the opened box. “I have to say Mo Yeon’s engagement ring is beautiful” he remarked. His cousin then noticed another box and opened it as well. His eyes widened when he saw two rings inside the box. His cousin gave him a knowing look, “So I guess you’re really tying her down huh? You even had your wedding rings made. Tsk tsk tsk seems like Mo Yeon cannot escape from you once she agrees to marry you.”

Si Jin gave his cousin a half irritated look after hearing his statement, however Dae Young just laughed at his expression and even gave him a pat on the back saying, “I have to give it to you cuz I mean it took me and Myeong Ju three months after we got engaged before we had our wedding rings made but you’re way more prepared and confident I have to say. It just means that you’re sure that she will say yes. But what if she doesn’t like the design of the wedding bands?”

“Well the jeweler said I could still exchange this for another design if I want to” Si Jin replied. He was about to say something when they heard a knock on the door and before he could even say that the person is allowed to enter the door already opened revealing Myeong Ju in the doorway.

She closed the door and walked over to Dae Young to give her fiancé a kiss on the cheek. She then noticed the open ring boxes on top of Si Jin’s table. Myeong Ju’s eyes widened and she even placed a hand on before she exclaimed, “Oh my goodness!” She then looked at Si Jin, “Is this what I think it is?”

Si Jin just nodded his head with a sheepish smile on his face. Myeong Ju then reached for the boxes and took a look at the rings inside. After taking a look, she put both boxes down on top of the table then gave Si Jin a playful punch on the arm, “I have to say Atty. Yoo your taste in jewelry’s good. Mo Yeon’s going to love this. You’re also pretty confident to have your wedding bands made already.”

Dae Young then remarked, “I told him the same thing. What if Mo Yeon doesn’t like the design?”

“Nah, she’ll love it. My cousin is a er for sapphire and diamond designed jewelries” Myeong Ju responded offhandedly. “So when are you going to propose?” Myeong Ju asked.

“Tomorrow night, after the meeting with your father and Mo Yeon’s mom,” Si Jin replied with a smile. “I thought it will be a good idea to do it in front of them.” He then asked, “Will you not be joining us in that meeting?”

“Nope. I didn’t receive any notice from my dad or my aunt that I have to join” Myeong said.

“I see” Si Jin said.

Myeong Ju noticed that Si Jin is in deep thought and correctly guessed that he is nervous about proposing to Mo Yeon. She then placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and said, “Hey, don’t worry about it. I’m sure she’ll say yes.”

Dae Young nodded his head at what his fiancée said. “Don’t worry cuz you got this! Knowing Mo Yeon she will feel bad if she doesn’t say yes. I mean she would most probably realize how much you spent for the rings and will not allow the money to go to waste if she doesn’t accept your proposal.”

Myeong Ju laughed at what Dae Young said while Si Jin playfully hit his cousin at the back of his head. He then joined in the laughter.  

 

Mo Yeon is outside the conference room waiting to get in. She was called for a meeting by the Chairman and Vice Chairman of YK Hospital aka her uncle and mother. She’s poring over some documents when a shadow stood over her. She looked up and smiled widely when she saw her boyfriend’s face. Si Jin bent down to give her a kiss on the cheek as a greeting.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I have a meeting with Chairman Yoon and Vice Chairman Kang” Si Jin replied.

“Is that so? I also have a meeting with them” she answered a bit surprised at what her boyfriend said.

“Hmmm that’s curious” Si Jin said.

They suddenly stopped talking when they noticed that people are piling out of the room. Chairman Yoon then motioned for the two of them to come in which they did. However, Si Jin’s eyes widened when he saw his father, Atty. Young-geun Yoo seated with Vice Chairman Kang. Chairman Yoon then asked him and Mo Yeon to take a seat. The man also took his seat at the table where Atty. Yoo and Vice Chairman Kang are seated.

Chairman Yoon then cleared his throat and spoke up, “I’m sure you are wondering why we called you here. The three of us have something to discuss with you. Something that both of you must know.”

Mo Yeon and Si Jin exchanged curious looks upon hearing Chairman Yoon’s words.

Vice Chairman Kang then spoke up, “Mo Yeon how long have you and Si Jin been together as a couple?”

Mo Yeon looked in surprise at her mother and said, “We’ve been together more than a month already. I’m sorry Mom we didn’t mean to hide it from you it’s just that we both wanted to inform you about it personally and we just couldn’t find the time.”

Vice Chairman Kang nodded in understanding, “I see. It’s okay. I understand the reasons behind it. However, your relationship can’t go on.”

Mo Yeon and Si Jin looked at each other, foreheads creased, confusion clearly reflected in their eyes. It was Si Jin who was able to recover first and spoke apologetically, “Vice Chairman Kang we didn’t mean to offend you by not telling you about our relationship but…”

Si Jin however wasn’t able to finish what he is saying because Vice Chairman Kang raised her hand to stop him from going any further. She then spoke up and said, “Si Jin that is not the reason why you and Mo Yeon can’t be together. I am very much aware that you are a good person and if circumstances were different I would have approved of you for Mo Yeon.” She took a deep breath as if to steady herself and continued, “However, there are deeper reasons why you and Mo Yeon can’t continue being a couple.” She glanced at Si Jin’s dad and looked Mo Yeon in the eye and said, “Sweetheart, I’m so sorry. But your dad isn’t your real father.”

Mo Yeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter