Confessions & Revelations

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 – Confessions and Revelations

Mo Yeon kept glancing at Si Jin’s serious bordering to stony profile while he’s driving. Ever since they left YK Hospital he has been eerily silent, something which she isn’t used to. She decided to break the ice and talk to him.

“Si Jin are you okay? You’ve been awfully quiet since we left the hospital” she asked.

“Yes, I’m fine. Just a little tired I guess” he replied. He then briefly glanced at her and asked, “Would you like to eat lunch first before we go to your office for the photoshoot, we still have 2 hours to go?”

“It’s okay. I need to do some work as well so it would be better if we just go straight to the office” Mo Yeon replied. In reality, she prepared something for Si Jin to hopefully cheer him up, thus the reason why she wants to get to her office as soon as possible.

“Alright” Si Jin responded quite disappointed that he won’t be able to spend more alone time with Mo Yeon.

After Si Jin parked the car, he and Mo Yeon immediately went up to the Lightning Race Magazine’s office. They were immediately greeted by Chi-hoon who asked them to proceed to the conference room. As soon as they entered room, cheers erupted from the occupants which happened to be the rest of the 707 Alpha Racing Team.

“Big Boss, thank goodness you’ve arrived. We’re starving!” Harry Potter exclaimed.

“Yeah, we were informed by Chi-hoon that we can’t eat without you and Dr. Kang so we waited” Piccolo grumbled.

Si Jin and the others inside the room laughed at the two’s antics. He then looked over at the table and noticed that the food served are his favorite dishes. He glanced at Mo Yeon who smiled at him and motioned for him that they should start eating. He now understood why she was in a hurry to get to the office. He deduced that this is her way of cheering him up. Both of them then decided to take their seats, with the two of them seated next to each other. However, Mo Yeon wasn’t able to immediately start eating because she and Chi-hoon are discussing some work related matters. He then decided to just be the one to put some food on her plate to ensure that she has some food to eat. He knows his teammates and he knows they are capable of gobbling food especially delicious ones. Mo Yeon then noticed what he is doing. She then placed a hand on his arm, smiled and said, “Si Jin I’m okay. Don’t worry about me. You should start eating.” He then smiled back and did what she said. A few minutes later Mo Yeon and Chi-hoon have started their meal as well. Laughter and light conversation were exchanged while they were all eating when someone knocked at the door who happened to be one of the magazine’s staff. The staff then went over to Mo Yeon and Chi-hoon and spoke to them in a low voice. The two then excused themselves from the group and informed that they just need to attend to an important work matter. As soon as the other two are out of earshot his cousin then spoke up and said,

“So Big Boss, is there anything that we should know?” Dae Young asked with a teasing smile on his face.

 “What do you mean Wolf?” he asked with wide eyes trying his best to look innocent.

His cousin shook his head in disbelief and shot back at him, “Aish, don’t play games with us, you know what we mean.”

“Yeah Big Boss so are you and Dr. Kang now an official couple?” Harry Potter asked with a teasing smile on his face.

He was about to respond when their conversation was interrupted by a soft knock on the door. A staff informed them that they would need to proceed to the dressing room since the shoot is about to start. As soon as their group arrived there, he noticed that Yoon Gi is already there getting prepped for the shoot. The guy just nodded his head in his direction to acknowledge their arrival. A few hours into the photoshoot and Si Jin couldn’t shake the feeling that something is wrong. Not because everything went smoothly but because Yoon Gi didn’t even make a move to stir up some trouble. He just found it weird. Ever since they saw each other again, the guy never missed an opportunity to try to get his goat. His instincts were proven right when while their group and the magazine staff were exchanging chats he noticed Yoon Gi holding a bouquet of red roses on his way to Mo Yeon’s office. He decided to follow Yoon Gi silently and saw him knock on the door of Mo Yeon’s office. He heard Mo Yeon’s voice allowing him to enter and the door was only half closed so he was able to hear their conversation.

“Hi, Mo Yeon! This is for you” Yoon Gi said with a smile while handing the bouquet to Mo Yeon.

“Umm thank you” Mo Yeon responded with uncertainty while accepting the flowers. “Have a seat. Is there something you want to talk about?” she asked then added, “I’m sorry I can’t really have a long chat with you because I have some urgent things to do.”

“Umm okay” Yoon Gi started a bit awkwardly since Mo Yeon seems to be unwelcoming of his presence. “Well remember back in high school that someone is leaving you presents and letters in your locker? It was me actually.” Yoon Gi knew that it was Si Jin giving those because there was an instance when he got to school very early in the morning caught him leaving a letter and present inside Mo Yeon’s locker. Their altercation back in high school further confirmed that he was right. He remembered that Mo Yeon was very happy whenever she received those so he thought that the “secret admirer” was the one Mo Yeon was in love with. However Mo Yeon’s reaction to the “revelation” isn’t what Yoon Gi expected.

Mo Yeon just nodded her head while she continued on typing in her laptop. “Oh I see” she said.

“Umm Mo Yeon didn’t you hear what I said? What I’m trying to say is, I was your secret admirer in high school” he said albeit desperately.

Mo Yeon finally turned her chair to face him, “Is that all you wanted to say?”

Yoon Gi nodded his head.

“Then, thank you for the gifts and letters. But you know what Yoon Gi I know it’s not you who sent me those, because if you were the one, then you shouldn’t have allowed Ji Yeong to “mess” up with my computer back then. You wouldn’t have allowed me to experience that kind of embarrassment because those letters that “you” sent me were heartfelt ones. And for someone who is claiming to be in love with me back then you sure did a very good job showing that” Mo Yeon finished her statement with a sarcastic smile on her face.

Yoon Gi then looked at Mo Yeon with question in his eyes, which Mo Yeon read correctly. She took a deep breath, “So you might be wondering how I knew a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter