Their Day 1

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 – Their Day 1

Mo Yeon pulled out a chair and sat in front of Si Jin waiting for him to speak. She could sense that he is nervous because she could see him twirling his fingers and coupled such action with an occasional sigh. She decided to to loosen him up.

“Atty. Yoo I believe I am not a judge and I think you didn’t commit any crime. We are not in a courthouse either. So come on, fess up. I’m listening,” she said with a big grin on her face.

“Aish” Si Jin started with a pout on his face. “I feel like a kid being scolded by his mother because he was caught sneaking candy from the refrigerator.”

Mo Yeon pretending to look indignant said, “What?! Are you trying to telling me I look like a mom already?!”

Si Jin playfully patted her head, “Of course not!” He then looked at her with a playful smile on his face and said, “I see you though as the mother of my future kids so yeah”

Mo Yeon then raised her eyebrow and playfully retorted, “Atty. Yoo stop changing the subject or do you want me to file a stalking case against you? I have evidence right there,” she then pointed at the box.

Si Jin sobered up and with a defeated sigh said, “Oh, alright.” He then reached for her hand and looked at her straight in the eye and while rubbing his thumb across her hand he then continued, “Well as you may have already read the letters and seen the photos, I’ve had feelings for you wait no scratch that I’ve been in love with you since we were in high school. I love you, Mo Yeon. Then, now, nothing has changed. I have loved you and will always love you.” He finished his statement with a tender smile on his face.

Mo Yeon’s eyes widened at what she heard, “Wow hearing you say it is indeed different from just being able to read it.” Her forehead creased and she looked Si Jin in the eye and asked, “How come you didn’t tell me before?”

Si Jin leaned back on his chair and said, “Hmm well, I was afraid to mess things up between us back then. We were really great friends. I was thinking what if you didn’t feel the same way? You might just avoid me or feel uncomfortable around me and I didn’t want to put the both of us, especially you in that position. However, I also wanted to be able to tell you how I feel even without you knowing it thus I decided to secretly leave letters and gifts in your locker.”

“I see.” However Mo Yeon’s creased forehead clearly indicated that something is still on her mind which she then voiced out, “Wait, how did you know my locker combination?” Her eyes widened as realization dawned on her then her eyes turned to slits, “Did someone named Myeong Ju Yoon give you my locker passcode?”

Si Jin laughed then patted her on the head, “Very perceptive of you Dr. Kang. Yes, Myeong Ju was aware as well as Dae Young.”

Mo Yeon huffed then crossed her arms across her chest, “Well if it makes you feel better my cousin didn’t mention anything. It seems like she’s more loyal to you than to me.”

Si Jin then moved his chair so that they are seating side by side. He then put his arm across Mo Yeon’s shoulder and said, “Dr. Kang don’t feel so bad about it. She and Dae Young were sympathetic towards me you know? Unrequited love, as how they both put it.”

She then turned to Si Jin and rolled her eyes, “Should I feel sorry for you then? As if girls weren’t chasing after you when we were in high school until now”

Si Jin then teasingly remarked, “Do I smell some jealousy from you Dr. Kang?”

Mo Yeon then shot daggers at Si Jin’s direction and said, “Atty. Yoo I’d be careful if I were you. Remember I can still file a “stalking” case against you.”

He then held his hands up in surrender and laughed, “Okay Dr. Kang I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be on your “bad” side.”

Both of them laughed. Then he put his arm around Mo Yeon’s shoulder again while she leaned her head on top of his. He then kissed the crown of her head and told her, “By the way, I’m sorry for what I wrote in that letter to the editor. I know that I hurt your feelings.”

“It’s okay. I understand. The words in that article were actually harsh and unfair not just to you but to the team as well. If I was in your position I would have felt the same way,” she responded.

“But still, I realized I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. We were friends after all. I shouldn’t have acted impulsively.”

 “We both acted impulsively and I’m sorry for writing that article as well. But you must know that it wasn’t my intention to hurt your feelings and the team’s as well.”

“Yes I know. But you know what, that’s what I’m actually curious about. You normally write balanced articles. Back then, I would h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter