Wonderful Mishaps

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11 – Wonderful Mishaps

It’s been a month since Si Jin and Mo Yeon became an official couple and Si Jin is excited to celebrate their monthsary. Some might say that he is being “cheesy” but he doesn’t care. He is head over heels in love with Mo Yeon and they waited for a long time to be together. In addition, for this month, although they got to see each other at times during weekends, they haven’t seen each other during weekdays for the past month because of their busy work schedule. Last week he realized that he could take a day off from his work at the law firm so he decided to surprise Mo Yeon by inviting her for lunch today, kind of like a pre-monthsary celebration. He parked his car and took the elevator to go up to Mo Yeon’s office.

 

Mo Yeon stepped out of the elevator together with Atty. Joo-won Shin. They are on their way to the lawyer’s car. Atty. Shin rushed to her office because there are individuals who came to YK Hospital claiming they are Jin Woo’s parents. The lawyer is in the hospital because of a meeting with members of YK’s board and TaePark’s. Since the child is still under the custody YK Hospital Foundation, she is the child’s temporary guardian being the foundation’s chairman. So as to save time, he offered to give her a ride to the hospital since he needs to be back there as well to discuss some matters with her uncle and mother. Atty. Shin opened the passenger door for her and after saying her thanks, the man then walked over to the driver’s seat. She fastened her seatbelt and the lawyer did the same. While pulling out of the parking slot, she decided to talk to the lawyer.

“Atty. Shin, thank you so much for doing this. I really appreciate it” she said.

“Nah don’t mention it. This cause is also close to my heart” he said and took a glance at her with a smile on his face.

She smiled and suddenly remembered that the lawyer is also heading TaePark’s charitable foundation. She then added, “Don’t worry, I’ll return the favor as soon as I get the chance.”

“Okay, I’ll count on it” he replied good naturedly.

 

SI Jin went out of the elevator with a big smile on his face. He could just imagine Mo Yeon’s surprised look when she sees him. She will then stand up, go to him, give him a hug and then…. He inwardly shook his head and told himself, Okay, Si Jin Yoo your imagination’s running wild. The receptionist of Lightning Race Magazine recognized him and pressed the control button so that he could push open the door. After smiling and saying his thanks to the receptionist, he then entered the place and proceeded to Mo Yeon’s office. However he noticed that she is nowhere in sight. Chi-hoon then saw him and cheerfully greeted him.

“Atty. Yoo! How are you? Are you looking for Kang sunbae?” Chi-hoon asked.

“Yes. Where is she?” he replied.

“Oh, I saw her rush out of the office together with that lawyer from TaePark Hospital. I just forgot his name….” Chi-hoon trailed off.

“Atty. Joo-won Shin” Min-ji Choi, one of Chi-hoon’s teammates in Lightning Race Magazine replied dreamily. She then added, “Never thought that lawyers could be that good looking.”

Si Jin is starting to feel irritation seeping through his veins. “Did she mention what’s the reason she’s with him?”

Chi-hoon shook his head. He could sense that the lawyer in front of him is starting to be an unhappy camper so he carefully chose his words before replying and said, “It seems like it is something urgent Atty. Yoo. I don’t know the details but I just noticed that Kang sunbae immediately stood up upon hearing what Atty. Shin said, grabbed her bag and they both immediately stepped out of the office. I believe Kang sunbae just left a hurried message to the receptionist that in case someone will look for her, just inform them that she stepped out a bit due to an emergency and will be back before the day ends.”

“I see” Si Jin immediately reached into his pocket and got his mobile phone. He dialed Mo Yeon’s number but was displeased when he heard the message that the subscriber cannot be reached. He then looked at Chi-hoon and asked, “Is it okay if I place this on top of Mo Yeon’s desk?” pertaining to the bouquet of tulips he is carrying with him.

“Of course Atty. Yoo” Chi-hoon said.

He then left the flowers on top of Mo Yeon’s table and decided to go to YK Hospital. As soon as Si Jin left and was out of earshot, Min-ji said with a happy sigh, “I would love to be in Kang sunbae’s shoes right now. How many women can get as lucky in one day? She got a visit from a gorgeous lawyer then another visit from another equally handsome lawyer slash race car driver.”

Chi-hoon laughed while shaking his head, “I’m not so sure though if the lawyer slash race car driver is a very happy man. I’m afraid he might run Atty. Shin over with his car.”

Min-ji laughed at what he said.

 

Mo Yeon and Atty. Shin escorted the couple claiming to be Jin Woo’s parents while on their way out of YK Hospital. According to the two, they have been tracking the child’s whereabouts for quite some time already. Jin Woo apparently was left under the care of his aunt and uncle because the couple decided to work abroad. However, Jin Woo’s guardians died in a car accident with only the child as the survivor. Since Jin Woo was only 2 years old when his parents left and was 3 when the accident happened, the child doesn’t have very clear memories of his parents. Mo Yeon thought that their story is credible as Jin Woo was brought to the hospital by local police so that appropriate medical care may be given to the child after the accident. But just to be sure, they decided to have Jin Woo and the couple undergo a DNA test which the couple agreed to. Both of them were also very grateful to Mo Yeon that she is taking extra precautionary measures for their child. The results will be out in a week. After saying their pleasant goodbyes to the couple Atty. Shin turned to Mo Yeon.

“That was a pleasant discussion. But I think the couple is telling the truth” he said.

“I do think so too” she responded then smiled wistfully, “I’m going to miss Jin Woo.”

He smiled at her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, “I understand your sentiments Dr. Kang. Jin Woo seems attached to you as well.”

“Yes. He’s one of the first children that were taken in by the foundation. That child’s very charming not to mention caring too.” She took a deep breath, “I’m happy though that he will be with his family again.” She then looked at her watch and said, “I have to go. I still have some work to finish at Lightning Race Magazine. Thanks again for helping me out on this one.”

Atty. Shin smiled and said, “You’re welcome. At least you owe me a favor then.”

She laughed at that, “Yeah, sure.” She then waved at the lawyer and walked out of the building and hailed a cab. Atty. Shin then looked at her retreating back and with a smile decided to walk back to the conference room to start his own meeting.

 

Si Jin then entered YK Hospital looking around hoping to spot Mo Yeon. He then reached for his mobile phone and dialed Mo Yeon’s number but unfortunately it still can’t be reached. Luckily for him, he saw Nurse Ha whose eyes also lit upon seeing him as a sign of recognition. He then walked over to where she is and greeted her.

“Hi Nurse Ha. How are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m doing well, Atty. Yoo” she answered with a smile. She then asked, “What brings you here?”

“I’m actually looking for Dr. Kang. I went to Lightning Race Magazine and was informed that she is here. Have you seen her?”

“Oh, you just missed her. She was here a while ago but left already. She said she still needs to go back to Lightning Race Magazine” the nurse responded.

“Oh is that so” disappointment evident in his voice. He then put a forced smile on his face and said, “Alright then. Thanks so much Nurse Ha.” He then decided to go back to Lightning Race Magazine hoping to catch Mo Yeon this time. However while walking towards his car, his phone rang and when he answered it Dae Young informed him that he needs to go to the 707 Alpha Racing Team office because he needs to sign some documents. He sighed, it seems like he won’t be able to see Mo Yeon today.

 

Mo Yeon arrived at the Lightning Race Magazine office and was walking towards her room. However, before she entered she noticed that there is a bouquet of tulips on top of her desk. Knowing that there’s only one person who could give her such, she then read the card attached to it. It read, “Dr. Kang, Happy Monthsary! I miss and love you! – Love, Atty. Yoo” She smiled after reading the message on the card. She hasn’t forgotten that it’s been a month since they became a couple, she was even suppose to send a message to him and was actually typing it in her mobile phone when Atty. Shin came in and the news about Jin Woo’s parents distracted her. To make matters worse, her phone lost battery power and since she wasn’t able to bring its power cord with her, she wasn’t able to charge her phone until now. She then stepped out of the office and looked for Chi-hoon. She spotted him as he was about to come back in his workstation.

“Hey Chi-hoon, what time did Atty. Yoo come here?” she asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter