The Heat Is On

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 – The Heat is On

 

Mo Yeon and Myeong Ju are already done walking around the race track and are headed back to the visitor’s lounge area when Mo Yeon spotted a grey Nissan GT-R parked near the race track. Her eyes sparkled while looking at the car. She then looked at Myeong Ju and her cousin must have noticed where she’s looking at because Myeon Ju moved her head towards the direction of the car indicating that they should go there.

 

The vehicle is parked near the area where Harry Potter, Piccolo and Snoopy are chatting merrily. The men noticed that she and Myeong Ju are approaching and decided to face the two of them with big smiles on their faces.

 

“Hi guys!” she greeted them.

 

“Hello Dr. Kang!” the three of them greeted back.

 

“How’s the tour of the place?” Piccolo asked.

 

“It went well, thank you” she responded. Then with a bright smile on her face she asked, “By the way, who owns this Nissan GT-R?”

 

“The car is technically owned by the 707 Alpha Racing but it is Harry Potter who is the car’s custodian” Snoopy replied.

 

“I see. Is it okay if I take the car for a spin? I promise I’ll take care of it” she asked Harry Potter.

 

Harry Potter looked at Piccolo and Snoopy with uncertainty but Myeong Ju prodded him and said, “Don’t worry about it guys. I assure you she can handle it. Plus it’s Dr. Kang who’s going to drive. I’m sure Big Boss won’t mind.”

 

She then turned to her cousin, “Who’s Big Boss?”

 

“Si Jin” Myeong answered her briefly then turned back to three men, “So can we have the car key?”

 

“Yeah, sure” Harry Potter then reached in his pocket to get the key then handed it to Mo Yeon.

 

Mo Yeon can’t keep the excitement she’s feeling while the key is being given to her. She was about to climb into the driver seat when Chi-hoon who already arrived with the rest of the Lightning Race team approached her.

 

“Mo Yeon sunbae can we….” but trailed off when he noticed that she’s about to get into the car. “So you’re going to take that car for a spin?” Chi-hoon asked beaming at her.

 

“Yeah. I’ll be back in a few so we’ll discuss what needs to be discussed by then” she informed him. She then climbed into the driver’s seat and the engine.

 

Myeong Ju then looked at her, “We haven’t done this for quite some time. I’m actually excited. It’s a good thing you came today or else I wouldn’t be able to do this” her cousin said with a big smile on her face.

 

“I know. So let’s do this” she and Myeong Ju exchanged high fives after which she then stepped on the clutch to switch gears and pressed the gas pedal and the vehicle moved forward smoothly.

 

 

 

Si Jin and Dae Young who are in another area of the race track heard the sound of a race car engine. They looked at the race track and noticed that the grey Nissan GT-R owned by their team is the one moving smoothly around the track and is steadily gaining speed. Si Jin then looked over to the left side where he knew the car was parked and noticed that the other members of the team are all there. He then asked Dae Young, “Who’s driving the car?”

 

His cousin looked at him and answered ”I have no idea.”

 

They then walked over to the area where the other members of the team are and he noticed Chi-hoon is with them excitedly watching the car as it moved smoothly around the track. Si Jin has to admit that   whoever’s driving is a pretty good driver. He could sense it from the sound of the engine coming from the car. He then asked the remaining members of his team, “Who’s the driving the car?”

 

The three then exchanged looks and it was Harry Potter who replied, “Big Boss it’s Dr. Kang who’s driving.” Harry Potter must have mistaken his look of surprise and curiosity to that of being annoyed because Harry Potter immediately added, “But Sir, Myeong Ju noona said there’s nothing to worry about.”

 

He was about to respond but his cousin said, “And it’s no wonder why. Take a look at the race track.”

 

He then turned to look at the race track and his mouth opened out of shock because the Nissan GT-R is smoothly drifting along the track. He looked at his teammates and they have the same reaction as him. It’s only Chi-hoon who’s not surprised and is even cheering in the sidelines.

 

The car then passed in front of them and they caught a glimpse of Myeong Ju laughing merrily at the passenger’s seat clearly enjoying the moment. He then looked at Dae Young to ask him, “Didn’t Myeong Ju ever mention to you that Mo Yeon knows how to drift drive?”

 

Dae Young just shook his head still looking at the car drifting in the race track as if in a daze. He turned his attention back to the track and noticed that Chi-hoon moved to the center of the road. He then noticed that the car is moving fast towards Chi-hoon. He was about to shout and tell Chi-hoon to get out of the way when he noticed that the car slowed just a little and started drifting around Chi-hoon with the guy even enthusiastically looking at the car. After a few turns, the car then smoothly came to a stop in front of them then Mo Yeon and Myeong Ju got off the car. His whole team and Chi-hoon are enthusiastically cheering, while Mo Yeon is doing some mini curtsies.

 

He was still in a state of shock and he didn’t even notice that Myeong Ju is already standing in between him and Dae Young. It was only when she spoke that he came back to his senses, “Are you guys okay?” she asked.

 

“Wow I wasn't even aware that Mo Yeon knows how to drift drive and she’s actually good at it” Dae Young said. “How come you didn’t tell me?” he asked his fiancée.

 

“Well, I honestly forgot to tell you about it and I didn’t really see the need for you to know” Myeong Ju answered while smiling.

 

His cousin just shook his head while he turned his attention back to Mo Yeon who is happily chatting with Chi-hoon and his teammates. The woman is really full of surprises.

 

 

 

Mo Yeon just finished giving instructions to Chi-hoon and is overlooking her team while they are setting up the equipment that they will be using for the coverage of the event when she decided to take a seat at the spectators’ bleachers. She then noticed Si Jin coming her way and sat beside her. He then placed a baseball cap on top of her head and handed her a bottle of cold water which she accepted gratefully. Si Jin then asked her, “When did you learn how to drift drive?”

 

She smiled and looked at him, “I guess I surprised a lot of you when I did that a while ago.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter