Her and Him

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 – Her and Him

Mo Yeon Kang entered the office of Lightning Race Publishing with a big smile on her face. The said company is the establishment that releases Lightning Race Magazine. She just got word that their last month’s issue was sold out in just a week of its release due to their exclusive feature of the 707 Alpha Racing Team which is currently the hottest touring car racing team in the country right now thanks to the team’s winning streak and not to mention its members’ good looks. Men want to be like them and women want to get near them. No other magazine has done a feature on the team and they’re the first.

She was about to enter her office when her phone suddenly rang. She looked at the screen and smiled when she read the caller ID.

“Good morning my dear cousin,” she greeted. She heard a chuckle from the other line.

“Someone’s in a good mood this morning” Yoon Myeong Ju said.

She laughed, “Is it that obvious?”

“Yes. I could sense it even if we are just talking on the phone.”

“Well, you’re right though. By the way, please send my thanks to Dae Young. If not for him, we wouldn’t have scored that exclusive.”

“Sure, I’ll let him know. But you can also do it over dinner tonight. You are coming right?”

She took a deep breath, “Do I have any choice?”

Myeong Ju laughed from the other line, “You don’t and you are my maid of honor. You need to know the initial plans for the wedding.”

She let out another sigh, “I mean couldn’t we just meet at a separate time? I’m willing to make room in my schedule for the two of you, just not tonight.”

“You’re still not comfortable seeing him after all these years? I mean what happened between the two of you were way back in high school. Don’t tell me you still haven’t gotten over it?” Myeong Ju asked laughing.

“Hey, it’s not that I haven’t gotten over it. It’s more of I just prefer not to see or be in the same area as that conceited person, you know to keep the peace” she replied defensively.

“Anyhow you would have to deal with seeing him tonight as he is Dae Young’s best man and he would also need to be in the loop with regards to the wedding plans. It’s just more practical for me and Dae Young to meet you guys together plus your magazine’s got the exclusive on their team so for him to give his approval means he’s not that bad at all” Myeong Ju reasoned.

“Oh please! Don’t you dare give credit to him. I’m sure Dae Young is the one whom I should thank. That guy will not be doing it if not for him” she retorted.

“If you say so” Myeong Ju laughed. “We’ll see you at 7:00 PM okay? Don’t you dare go missing in action on us alright?”

“See you” she th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter