Angel of Mine

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 – Angel of Mine

Mo Yeon and Si Jin are sitting in the lounge chairs at the balcony of Mo Yeon’s unit both sipping their coffee enjoying the comfortable silence that they share and just listening to the music played over the radio. They decided to spend the night together so that they could celebrate their monthsary together which is officially tomorrow. Mo Yeon looked at her watch it is 5 minutes to midnight. Suddenly a song started to play over the radio. Recognizing the initial beats of the song it made her smile. She loved this song and started humming along, her eyes closed. Si Jin noticed what she is doing and watched her with a tender smile on her face. She opened her eyes and caught her boyfriend watching her. She then stood up and stretched her hands towards Si Jin.

“Atty. Yoo, come on let’s dance. I love this song” she said. She noticed the hesitation in her boyfriend’s eyes so she did something that she knows he can’t resist. She gave him a cute pout and immediately Si Jin laughed and stood up to dance with her. He put his arms around her back while she did the same and leaned her head on his chest and they started slow dancing. Mo Yeon closed her eyes and she started singing along with the song being played on the radio.

“When I first saw you I already knew, There was something inside of you, Something I thought I'd never find, Angel of mine. I look at you looking at me, Now I know why they say the best things are free, Gonna love you 'til the end of time, Angel of mine. What you mean to me you'll never know, Deep inside I need to show. You came into my life sent from above, Better than a dream, such a perfect love, And I'll adore you 'til the end of time, Angel of mine.”

They stayed that way until the song ended. Mo Yeon then looked at the time, it’s exactly 12 midnight. She then looked at Si Jin and whispered in his ear, “I know I’ve said this a while ago but since it is really today, Happy Monthsary Atty. Yoo! By the way the song that just played, that’s my song for you” Si Jin softly laughed and kissed the crown of her head as a response. He then hugged her tightly and asked her, “Dr. Kang, I was just thinking. What do you think about the idea of living with me at the penthouse? I just thought it would be more practical you know and we would be able to spend more time together.”

Mo Yeon then broke their hug a little so that she could look at Si Jin and said, “Atty. Yoo are you asking me to move in with you?”

Si Jin laughed sheepishly and said, “Well to sum it up yes that’s what I’m asking. What do you think?”

“Hmmmm practicality wise I have to admit it’s a good idea but I think before we think about moving in together we have to inform our parents about our relationship. I mean just to be proper about it” she responded.

“Good point. Plus at least they won’t be surprised if we suddenly announce that we are engaged and about to get married right?” Si Jin said while looking at her fondly.

She laughed and playfully hit his arm and went back to sit in one of the lounge chairs. Si Jin followed and draped his arm around her shoulders while she placed her head on the crook of his neck, enjoying the feeling of his presence near her.

 

Si Jin looked down at Mo Yeon and noticed that she already fell asleep in his arms. He then watched her while she is sleeping and caressed her forehead. He wasn’t kidding a while ago when he mentioned the idea of moving in and marrying her. He was serious about it. He can’t imagine himself being with someone else aside from Mo Yeon.

Moving cautiously as not to wake her up, he reached into his pocket and pulled out cut pieces of blue nylon thread from his pocket. He then picked out a piece and carefully inserted it in Mo Yeon’s right hand ring finger. He made both ends of the thread meet and tied a knot to get her ring finger size. He made another knot on the end of one of the threads as a mark that this is the size of Mo Yeon’s right ring finger. He then did the same thing to her left hand ring finger but without the extra knot so as to distinguish it from the right hand one. He again took a look at Mo Yeon and saw that she is still sleeping peacefully. He decided to place both threads under the mugs he used for his coffee so as not to deform it.

He shook her slightly to wake her up and said, “Dr. Kang I think you have to transfer to your bedroom already so that you can sleep properly.” Her response made him laugh as Mo Yeon just decided to scoot closer to him. That’s when he decided to carry her bridal style to her bedroom. As soon as he laid her on top of her bed, she slowly opened her eyes and muttered a soft thank you to him. She also reached for a piece of paper on top of her bedside table and informed him that the new passcode to his unit is written there. He read it and smiled when he noticed that the new code is a combination of their birthdays. She then fell back asleep. Before leaving her bedroom he kissed her on her forehead. He then went back to the balcony and got the threads under the cup and placed it in his pocket. He brought the mugs they used to the sink and washed it before placing it on the rack to dry. He closed the door leading to the balcony and with a last loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter