Missing Puzzle Piece

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 – Missing Puzzle Piece

Si Jin dropped the paper on top of his bed after reading his mother’s letter. He then decided to call Mo Yeon to talk to her. He was about to grab his mobile phone which is on top of his bedside table when he decided to grab his car keys instead. Since the matter he needs to discuss with her is urgent, he will just go to her place. Moreover, if he will call her there is a possibility she will not answer his call. At least if he visits her there is a bigger chance of them being able to talk. He drove his car over to her new place and after finding a space and parking his car, he was about to cross the road when he saw Mo Yeon and Atty. Joo-won Shin standing near the entrance of the building. He watched as they bade their farewell to each other and the lawyer gave Mo Yeon a kiss on the cheek. Mo Yeon then entered the building while he bowed his head a pain like no other shot through his body.

 

Mo Yeon deeply sighed as she rode the elevator to get to her unit. Atty. Shin invited her out for dinner which served as her “payment” for the favor the lawyer did for Jin Woo. She enjoyed the lawyer’s company. However while they were eating, the subject of their engagement came to light and she made it clear to the lawyer that she has no plans of honoring the said arrangement. She also informed him that she is still in love with Si Jin and it may take some time before she can recover from what happened. Joo-won admitted that he is disappointed hearing what she said because he really likes her but still respected her decision and said that he will also discuss their engagement with his parents. They decide to be friends and the lawyer jokingly expressed that in case she changes her mind, he is just around the corner. She laughed at what he said but didn’t verbally express that she doesn’t think it will happen anytime soon or it may not happen at all. Her reverie was broken when she heard the elevator sound indicating that it reached her floor already. She got off the elevator and walked towards her unit. She punched the code to open the door but before she was able to do so her mobile phone rang and when she answered the call her eyes widened upon hearing the words spoken to her by the person at the other line. She immediately rushed back to the elevator to get to the parking area. She has somewhere to go.

 

Mo Yeon rushed to the emergency room of YK Hospital. She got a call that Si Jin was brought to their hospital because he was involved in a car accident. According to the nurse who called her, it was her name written on his ID as his emergency contact person so they contacted her. As she was about to enter the ER, its double doors opened and a stretcher carrying Si Jin came out closely followed by her good friend, Dr. Pyo.

She walked beside the doctor and asked, “Ji Soo, how is he?”

Her friend glanced at her and gave her a reassuring smile, “He is okay. Just a few scrapes and bruises, nothing major. Thank goodness there wasn’t any damage to his handsome face.” Her friend added in a serious undertone, “We had to give him a mild sedative so that he could get some sleep. It seems like he hasn’t slept properly for days.” Then with a worried look, Dr. Pyo added, “Mo Yeon, he has been calling out your name since he was brought here saying that there is something he must tell you.”

Mo Yeon’s took a deep breath and her forehead creased because of worry. They then entered the private room where Si Jin will be confined in. As soon as the hospital staff was able to ensure that everything is in order they left leaving Mo Yeon alone with Si Jin. Mo Yeon watched him while he is sleeping. She noticed that there are dark circles under his eyes and stubbles have grown on his face, an indication that he hasn’t shaved for a few days. However, Ji Soo’s right, he is still handsome, she thought. She was about to reach out and touch his face but stopped herself from doing so. She firmly closed her eyes and balled her fists while chanting to herself, “Mo Yeon you can’t do that. He is your half- brother. Get that through your thick head.” She turned around when she heard the door open and saw Dae Young and Myeong Joo entering the room. Dae Young then walked over to Si Jin’s bedside and asked her, “How is he?”

“Dr. Pyo said he just sustained minor scrapes and bruises. He’s going to be fine. They just gave him a mild sedative so that he could sleep. It seems like he hasn’t been getting proper sleep for the past few days” she responded.

Dae Young nodded at that. Myeong Ju then spoke up and said, “Okay I think we should bring some of his stuff over. Cuz, why don’t you join Dae Young in getting Si Jin’s stuff at his unit?” Her cousin then added albeit in a teasing manner, “I also heard the place is a mess maybe you can also help him clean it before the bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter