Rivals

High Speed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 – Rivals

A few days had passed since Mo Yeon’s birthday and she is still on cloud nine. She really enjoyed the birthday celebration or as what Myeong Ju called it “birthday date” that Si Jin gave her. What even surprised her was that he gave her a necklace with a star pendant and she knows that it is quite expensive since the pendant was made of diamonds and the necklace was 18k white gold. She found what he did very thoughtful but it also made her question as to the status of their “relationship”. Is this his way of cultivating their “civil relationship” to being friends or there’s more to it? She’d heard him say he loves her, pertaining to that conversation he had with Jin Woo and he usually interrupts her when she explains to people who mistake them as a couple that they are not together. But, he hasn’t said anything directly to her about what he feels towards her. She then remembered the conversation she had with Myeong Ju a few days ago.

After her work at Lightning Race Publishing she decided to go to YK Hospital to do some work as well. While inside her office she heard a soft knock on the door and when she looked up she saw her cousin leaning casually at the door.

“Are you busy cuz?” Myeong Ju asked.

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m about to finish anyway” she replied.

Her cousin walked over to sit on the chair in front of her desk, arms crossed across her chest and casually asked, “So how did things go with Si Jin yesterday?”

“I had a great time, actually. It was thoughtful of him to do that.”

“Sooooo is there anything I should know?”

Her forehead creased, “What do you mean?”

Myeong Ju sighed then said, “I mean, are you guys a couple already? And please don’t tell me that you are just friends. I’ve seen you guys hold hands, he brings you to and from work, he gave you a “surprise birthday treat” and I have a hunch that the necklace you’re wearing right now,  which by the way I have to say is beautiful, is from him” her cousin finished her statement with an eyebrow raised.

It was her turn to take a deep breath. She leaned back in her chair before answering, “Honestly cuz I don’t know what we are. Our agreement is that we will be both civil with each other for you and Dae Young’s sake. But contrary to popular belief, I am not numb. I feel that there is “something” you know? However, we haven’t spoken with each other for years. I’m sure a lot has changed with him. What if he’s just being nice so that at least both of us will be on more friendly terms? I don’t want to misinterpret what he’s doing especially when he’s not saying anything that will make me think he wants the two of us to be more than friends.”

Her cousin rolled her eyes and said, “Look, if he’s not in love with you based on what he’s doing I’ll have one of my arms cut-off.” They both laughed at that but her cousin’s face suddenly turned serious and said, “I think him confessing his feelings for you are not that much of a concern. What you should think about is what will you do once he does?”

Her reverie was broken when she heard the ringing of the doorbell. She gathered her things and opened the door. As usual it was Si Jin’s face who greeted her. They are both off to YK Hospital because they have a meeting with Dr. Eun-ji Kim and the legal counsel of TaePark Hospital. While both of them are seated inside Si Jin car she asked him, “Do you know who’s representing TaePark in this case?”

Si Jin just briefly glanced at her before answering, “Based on the letter that they sent they are being represented by a lawyer named Joo-won Shin.”

“Do you know him?” she asked.

“Honestly this is the first time I’ve heard of him. But I did some research and he’s an up and coming lawyer. He was able to win some cases already” Si Jin said.

“You did your homework huh?” she said while glancing at him.

He laughed and said, “Well as a lawyer it is also important to “check-out” your competition as what they say. It’s better if we are well equipped.”

She smiled at what he said but their conversation was cut short as they already reached the hospital. Si Jin just decided to have his car, valet parked. As soon as they walked into the lobby Nurse Ha informed them that Dr. Kim and TaePark Hospital’s lawyers are already in the conference room. When they entered the room, her eyes widened upon seeing 2 familiar faces. She was only expecting one which was Dr. Eun-ji Kim’s but the other familiar face belonged to Ji Yeong Shin. Her surprised expression must have been mirrored by Si Jin because Ji Yeong Shin then spoke up,

“Hi Mo Yeon, Si Jin you both seemed surprise to see me.” Ji Yeong then gave a flirtatious smile to Si Jin, “How are you Si Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter