The unbreakable vow

Love or Sympathy

All the cast of Princess Hours including Song ji hyo were promoting that drama. The drama received good response from the viewers and the rating also quite high. Song ji hyo's name became the talk of Korean Drama Lovers and that lead her to get another offer. 

'Thank you for your hard work, Ji hyo'. Ju Ji hoon approached her with his charming smile on his face. 'Oh! Thank you for your hard work, too Ji hoon! You're getting more and more famous since this drama aired, isnt it?'. She without realize anything. 'I dont mind about that, but I really gonna miss this drama after it ends'. He said while looked directly at her, but she didnt notice anything at all. 'Yeah, I'm gonna miss this drama, too! Especially Eun hye since I'm getting closer to her now'. Ji hyo said bluntly. Ji hoon laughed at her cuteness and said 'Yah, you only gonna miss Eun Hye? What about me?'. Ji hyo was surprised to hear that and smacked his head. 'Why should I miss you? You loved to bully and make fun of me'. Ji hoon laughed once again. ' I love to do that because i want to get your attention'. He said but Ji hyo didnt hear it because at the same time, the main producer called her name and left Ji hoon behind. He just smiled to himself and mumbled ' What a stupid guy am I..she doesnt even look at you'. 

 

*June 2007*

Song ji hyo were sleeping soundly at her house in Seoul and suddenly she got a call from her mother. 

'Ji hyo, are you still sleeping?'- her mother spoke with sad voice instead of angry and that made Ji hyo more worried.

' Yeah, mom..What is it? Is there anything happened? Why it sounds like you are crying?'. She asked and got out of the bed.

'Can you come home now? Your friend, that blind boy...his father passed away..and..his stepmother chased him out of the house'. 

Ji hyo's heart was dropped when she heard that. 'I'm coming home now'. Without any delay, she washed herself and started her car before her manager stopped her. 'Where are you going, Unnie? You have a photoshoot at 10 a.m.'. She was anxious. 'Cancel all the plan for today and tomorrow, I have an emergency '. She said simply and drove her car to her hometown. 

*after a few hours*

Ji hyo arrived at her house and saw her mother at the kitchen. 'Mom, where is Soo hyun now?'. She asked and hugged her mother. 'He is at his house preparing for his father funeral'. Ji hyo couldnt wait any longer and went to his house immediately. 

Ji hyo's heart dropped once more when she saw Soo hyun sat down at the bench infront of his house while holding his bags, crying alone. 

'Soo hyun..what are you doing outside the house?'. Ji hyo asked and took his hand.

'Noona..Ji hyo noona?' He touched her hand and smiled. 'My father left me, noona..I dont have anybody else in this world. He cried loudly.

Ji hyo hugged his body and tried to calm him down. 'It's okay, I'm here..i will always be right here next to you'. She cried. 

 

'Where is your mother?'. She asked him while he was still sobbing 

'In the house'. When Ji hyo heard that, she took his hand and went inside the house. There were a few people in the house that helped preparing for the funeral. Ji hyo immediately saw Soo hyun's stepmother. 'Yah!! Who let you inside my house? You are the reason that my husband died! Go away!! I wont let you touch my husband body!! Get out of my house! She took the baseball bat and beat him.Song ji hyo couldnt stand any longer watching that scene. Her heart was boiling and slapped that woman's face very hard. 'Dont you dare to touch her, you b****!'. The people inside the house tried to calm the woman down and took away the bat. Ji hyo was furious at that time and slowly turned her face to Soo hyun that his face was full of bruises. She put her hand on his head and said 'Starting from now! I swear that I will protect and love you until the day that I die. No harm can come to you as long as you live'. She said and dragged Soo hyun out of the house. 

Ji hyo drove the car so fast beside Soo hyun who stayed silent since they were at his house. 'Where are we going to, Noona?..can..can i just go home?' I didnt manage to say goodbye to my father'. He said innocently.

'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOUR FATHER IS DEAD AND YOURSTEP MOTHER WON'T LET YOU NEAR HIM!. What part of this thing that you dont understand??! You don't have a father anymore! You only have me... ' She unpurposely yelled at him and immediately regretted.

The atmosphere in the car was silent until they reached the destination, it was the Department of Registration. 'Soo hyun, we are arived..'. Ji hyo broke the silent. 'Where are we?'. He asked

'We're...at the Department of Registration...we're getting married'. She said seriously. The atmosphere turned silent once more until Soo hyun chuckled. 'You made up this joke just to cheer me up, right? Thanks, Noona..but I'm alright. Dont worry about me'. 

'I'm not playing around. I'm serious in marrying you'. Her expression was unchanged. 

'Do I look really pitiful that forces you to make such a drastic decision? Marriage is not something that can be taken so lightly, noona. I can take care of myself.'

' I swore to myself that I will take care of you. I dont want to argue anymore , now let's go'.

'Do you love me?'. He suddenly asked.

'What are you talking about? Of..of course I love you..' She told him.

Slowly, Soo hyun opened the door of the car and followed Ji hyo inside. 

*After an hour* 

They already finished registered and both of them are legally married. 'Soo hyun, after this we will live in Seoul..are you okay with it?'. He nodded slightly. 'And I will find a job'. He added. 

'What about your school?'. 

'I will quit and find a job in Seoul. I promise that I will not burden you. I will be a good husband for you. Ji hyo sighed and smiled at his determination. 'Thank you, my husband'. 

 

She brought Soo hyun to her house along with his bags. 'Can you stay here for a moment?  I need to take something'.  He nooded slightly and Ji hyo went out of the car. Slowly, Ji hyo called her mother who were at the kitchen. 'Mom, I have something to say..'. She told her and cleared . What is it?'. Her mother was quite nervous at her daughter's behavior. 

'Can you sit here so we can discuss?'. She asked politely.

'What is it? Have you done something wrong? 

'Mom..can you listen to me first?'.

'Alright..tell me what do you want to discuss about'. 

'Wait a minute'. Ji hyo went to her car and brought Soo hyun inside infront of her mother and sat beside him.

'I...i'm married'. 

Her mother dropped the ladle down unintentionaly when she heard what Ji hyo said.

'What did you say?!'.  She  stuturred

'Are you crazy??!! What about your job?? You worked to hard to be where you are right now. Her mother was mad. 

' It's up to you wether you agree or not..but I'll stick to my decision. I'm sorry, mom. But please, I know you will understand.'. She tried to console her.

 ' I was hoping to see you get married in a beautiful white gown just like in a fairytale but...' Her mother started to cried. Ji hyo felt guilty to her mother but what's done is done. She doesnt want to think about the past anymore. 'I'm sorry, mom..i'm so sorry'. 

Her mother took away Ji hyo's tears and said. 'It's okay..I pray for your happiness, my precious. I hope this is the right decision for both of you'. She smiled and hugged Ji hyo tightly. Then, she went to Soo hyun who still looked down at his feet. 'Lift up your head, Soo hyun'. She asked him and He slowly lift up his head. 'Take care of my daughter, alright? If you hurt her I'll kill you'. She warned and then, hugged him tightly. 

Ji hyo smiled and releaved to see her mother accept Soo hyun as her son-in law. 'Thanks, mom..'.