Chapter 10: Instinct

Love or Sympathy

Soo hyun sat beside Ji hyo who were sleeping soundly with salin solution attached to her left hand. 

'Do..do you really love him, Ji hyo? Are you gonna leave me like father did? He said softly while tears streamed down his face. I'm sorry, Ji hyo..'

'Ahemm..may I come in?'. A stranger's voice suddenly broke the silent in the room. Soo hyun recognized the voice right away.

'Do I really need to answer that when you're already in the room?'. Soo hyun said coldly.

Chen Bo lin took a sit at the opposite of Soo hyun beside Ji hyo.

'What are you doing here? It's already late..aren't you a busy man?'. Soo hyun said while holding Ji hyo's hand tightly.

'She's sick.. I can't leave her alone'. 

'Alone? Can't you see that I'm here for her?'.

'You? What can you do for her? You're struggling to take care of yourself and now you want to take care of her?. Are you kidding me?'. Bo lin chuckled.

'I'm her real life husband. She needs me by her side. I think you need to learn how to differentiate between fake and original'.

'Husband, huh? I dare you to ask her which one of us that she loves'. 

Soo hyun froze at his spot. Of course.. Ji hyo is a perfect wife but she never said that she love him before. Is that mean she really had fallen in love with Bo lin?

'What are both of you doing?'. Ji hyo woke up suddenly and looked at them. 'Bobo, please go home..i'm alright now..please'. 

Bo lin was reluctant to leave her but when he looked at the way Ji hyo stared at him, finally he dragged his feet out of the hospital.

Ji hyo looked at Soo hyun and sighed. 'Soo hyun, just go home, ok? It's late and you need to work tomorrow'. 

'I'll stay here with you..no matter what.. Even if you dont love me anymore'. 

'I'm sorry, Soo hyun..but i couldnt deny this feelings anymore.he always makes me like i'm the only one for him..i'm cheating on you' She started to cry.

He stood up and hugged her body tightly. She cried loudly at his chest untill she felt asleep once again. He kissed her forehead while tears streamed down his face. 'Oh God, what should i do? If i let her go, i will die but if i dont, she will suffer...'

* a day after *

Ji hyo were already discharged from the hospital and were at home taking some rest. Soo hyun carefully sneeked out of the room tried not to disturb her when suddenly he felt a vibrate from his pocket. It was jae suk called him.

'Hello, Soo hyun's speaking'. He answered the call without knowing who was the caller.

'Hello, Soo hyun-ah..this is Jae suk. Are you still at the hospital? Is Ji hyo there with you?'. 

'Oh Jae suk. No, i'm at home..Ji hyo's already discharged yesterday.

'Oh really? I'm glad to hear that.. Luckily i decided to call you before i go to to the hospital.

'Where are you right now, Jae suk? 

'I'm wanted to visit Ji hyo at the hospital but since she already discharged, i think i will go back home now'.

'Oh, Jae suk, can I see you? There's something I want to tell you'.

Okay then. Do you want me to fetch you and we can have a drink together?'.

' Ok..Call me when you're here'. 

'Alright, then..see you later'. 

Soo hyun took the the notepad at the kitchen table and wrote 

"Ji hyo, i'm going to have a drink with a friend. Sorry didnt tell you earlier, I dont want to disturb you".- Soo hyun.

* At the restaurant *

'So, what do you want to tell me, Soo hyun? Don't tell me you and Ji hyo are expecting a baby??'. Jae suk .

'What?? No,no..that's not what i want to tell you..actually, i wanna ask..do you think i'm good enough to be with Ji hyo? Do you think i'm the right one for her?'. 

'What's wrong with you? Why are you asking me about this thing all of a sudden?'.

'I dont know, you're close with her so i think you might know what she really feels. Just answer that question, Jae suk '.

The older guy took a sip of his coffee and sighed. 'It doesn't matter what people gonna say, Soo hyun..you're a good man and i know you love her as much as she does. Although sometimes Ji hyo can be quite blur and confused, but i know she loves you so much. You know, sometimes when she works so hard and i ask her dont over work yourself, she said "i need to earn money so i can help Soo hyun to have eyes transplant". She cares so much about you, Soo hyun..too much'.

Soo hyun couldnt believe what he heard just now. 'I'm so stupid to think like that, Jae suk..i'm so sorry. But, there's something bothering me..she told me that she's falling for Bo lin..i dont know what to do... She even said that he makes her feels valuable..the feelings that she never felt when she's with me'.

 'That's because she needs your attention, Soo hyun..take her for a dinner or vacation i believe she will love it. She's only tired and need love, that's all'. 

'Vacation? I think i will manage that. Thank you so much, Jae suk..you really makes me feel better'.

'It's okay..i will always be there with you if you need anything. And i will help you to manage your vacation'. He smiled to the young innocent man in front of him.

'Oh! Look at the time! It's already late. I need to go home before my wife scold me. Let's go Soo hyun i'll take you home'. 

'I can't believe a national MC is afraid of his wife. Is Na Eun really scary?'

'Yah, i'm still a man you know! Of course i'm scared if she gets angry! I dont want to sleep at the couch tonight '.

 

Song Ji hyo woke up feeling dizzy so she went to the kitchen to get some water and found the note from Soo hyun. She smiled and suddenly her phone rang. It was Bo lin.

'Hello? Ji hyo? Are you allright?'.

'Yeah, i'm fine. Bo lin, i want to say something..'

'What is it, honey? Tell me'

'Let's stop seeing each other..i'm married and i love my husband'.

It was silent for a moment then he continued to say

'I understand..but can we meet for the last time? I want to give you something'. 

Ji hyo sighed and lastly, she agreed.

She wore a black jacket, grabbed the car keys and a sunglasses.

 

She arrived at the place he told her to go. She didnt realize she was infront of his house. 'How come i didnt realize when he gave me the address'. Her instinct told her there's something bad would happen but she denied it.

'I'm going to tell him the truth about my feelings..then i'll go back home'. She told herself.

'Ji hyo, come inside..make yourself at home'. He smiled 

*In Bo lin's house*

' Do you want tea or coffee? He asked from the kitchen.

'Bo lin, can we straight to the point? what is it that you want to tell me? I need to go home, it's getting late and my husband's waiting for me'.

Bo lin stopped doing his work and went straight to her with a glass of water in his hand.

'Why so tensed? I just want to discuss with you about the next filming so chill, okay? Have a drink first'.

Ji hyo took the water and drank it. 'Yeah, you're being to paranoid, Ji hyo. Nothing's gonna happen'. She told herself but, suddenly she felt dizzy. 

'Excuse me, i need to go to the toi..'. She couldnt even finished the word and finally, she passed out.

Bo lin carried her in bride style and put her on his bed. He took off her jacket and shirt before wrapped her with the blanket. Then, he took off his own shirt and laid down beside her. He even took her phone from her bag and snapped a few pictures. 

'You can't leave me after all that i've done for you.Never..Until i die'.