Once again

Love or Sympathy

Kim soo hyun had just finished filming his new film and his body was exhausted. 

'Good job, man..Your acting deserves an Oscar'. His manager, Harry praised him while he was on the way to his car. Soo hyun didn't pay much attention to him as the fans started to gather around him and his bodyguards were protecting him. It's so annoying for him to hear people scream whenever they see him but he decided to ignore it.

'Tell me my schedule after this'. He said coldly to Harry.

'You're free tomorrow but the day after you need to go to Korea for Incarceron movie promotion'.

Soo hyun looked at Harry's face in disbelieve. 'Where is it? Are you sure it's in South Korea? 

'I possitively sure..what's wrong with it? Isn't that where you were born and raised??'.

'Nothing..'

Soo hyun arrived at his house and went straight to his room. He really needed some time alone.

There was a drawer beside the bed, he pulled out an old fashion 2g phone and turned it on. It has been years since he saw it. The phone was special since it has voice recognisation and Ji hyo who bought for him. He scrolled down the contact list and saw Ji hyo's name. After he heard the news regarding Bo lin proposed her, Soo hyun tried to forget all about her and their past. Not even call or look for her name in search engine. Then, he search for more contact list and found Yoo jae suk's name. He felt guilty for that man..Jae suk is a nice man that always support him but he forgot about him after he reached success. 

He then pulled out his new phone and dialled the number. He didn't know wether Jae suk still using that number or not but he still tried his luck but, nobody answered. 'Maybe next time..'. He threw the phone back into the drawer and laid down on the bed.

'I wonder how she looks like..i always wanted to see her face'. He then googled her name and her images came out. 'She's so beautiful..'. Without he realized, tears streamed down his face. 'Do you still remember me,Ji hyo?'.

* the next day *

Soo hyun nervously arrived in Seoul for the first time after 4 years and was welcomed by thousands of fans that were waiting to see him. He looked around as he hoped to see Ji hyo's face anywhere but of course she wasn't there. He was escorted by tight security until he reached a luxurious hotel in the middle of Seoul.

Meanwhile, Ji hyo was at home watching tv when a news regarding Kim soo hyun's arrival became a headline since the croud at the airport was unbelievable.

'He's here..Soo hyun is is back'. She felt happy but sad at the same time as he was so close yet so far from her. She hold the Flower Necklace that he gave years ago and cried in silent. 'If i could turn back time, i will never let you go'.

'You can rest now since the movie promotion starts at 9 a.m tomorrow. Harry smiled and gave him his clothes for tomorrow and Soo hyun just nodded his head slightly and closed the door.

He took out his phone and dialed Jae suk's number once again.

'Hello? Yoo Jae suk's speaking'. He finally answered. Soo hyun felt sad when he heard his voice.

'Hello, Jae suk hyung..this is Soo hyun..Kim soo hyun'. Jae suk was silent for a while before he continued 'Soo hyun?.. It has been a long time since i heard your voice..how are you?'. He asked with a sad voice.

'I'm fine, Jae suk..are you free? Can we meet? I'm in Seoul right now'.

'I know..i saw your face on the news. I'll be there in 10 minutes'.

 

Jae suk saw him from afar as he was drinking coffee. He looked so different from Soo hyun he knew before. 

Soo hyun smiled as he saw Jae suk and hugged him before he asked him to have a sit. 'How come you recognised me, Soo hyun?'

'My eyes didn't know you but my heart does. So, how are you Jae suk?'.

'I'm just fine..everything is fine.. except for someone'.

'What do you mean? Who is the one that is not fine?'.

'Your wife, Ji hyo'. Jae suk said simply.

'Why are you saying that? She's happily married to Bo lin, right? How come she not be happy when she got what she wanted'.

'Have you ever searched her name on the internet, Soo hyun? She never married other guy except you'.

'I dont understand..i heard the news that Bo lin proposed her a few years ago'. He looked confused

'That's true and she accept it. But it wasn't real marriage. They lived together but never get married. After a few months they were together, Bo lin were diagnosed with brain cancer and passed away three months later. And before he died he left me a letter and asked me to give it to you. He also told me that night of the incident wasn't Ji hyo's fault'. 

Soo hyun immediately opened the letter infront of Jae suk.

"To: Kim soo hyun

If you're reading this letter means that i already gone from this world. I want to apologize for what i've done to you and Ji hyo. I just want to tell that Ji hyo loves you so much and that night was never her fault. I lured her to my house and gave her drugs and she never knew anything about it and i didn't actually touch her. I just wanted to make her mine. I was so angry and disapointed when she said she loves you and that's why i did that..but even after i got her, she turned into a lifeless corpse. She's physically mine but mentally yours. Then i realised, her heart can never be mine..so i'm so sorry for what i did to you and Ji hyo. For my last wish, please save her from suffering. You're the one that can save her.

                                                                               From: Chen Bo lin"

Soo hyun couldn't believe what he just read. 'It can't be true...i thought she's happy with Bo lin but..i left Ji hyo to suffer even though it is not her fault..'. He was blaming himself and Jae suk tried to calm him down. 'She suffered for so many years, Jae suk..i can't forgive myself'. 

'It's not your fault, Soo hyun..whatever it is, you still love her right? So try your best and win her back. She needs you'.

 

'Can you give me a favor, Jae suk?' He asked out of nowhere 

'Anything..just tell me what is it?'

'I want to be Running Man guest'. Jae suk was shocked. 

'Are you serious? You're a Hollywood star..i'm afraid..'.

'Why? I really want to be the guest but please don't tell Ji hyo about this'.

'Alright then...i'll try my best'.

 

'WHAT??!!' Harry yelled at Soo hyun.

'Why did you do something without telling me anything??? I already arranged your schedule until next year and nobody is allowed to change it including you! You have movie filming tomorrow and you want to cancel it just because you want to be in that show???'. Harry was furious when Soo hyun said he won't be back after they finished promote the new movie. 

'I'll be back to L.A on Tuesday..like it or not, this is my decision. You should be thankful that i still want to go home, you know..'. Soo hyun simply said and left Harry dumbfounded.

'What the hell is wrong with him?Since when he became so rebellious??'. He asked his personal bodyguards.

Soo hyun went straight to his hotel room after the conversation with Harry. He knew Harry would nag at him but actually felt guilty for making such abrupt decision but he really wanted to meet Ji hyo.

* Running Man Filming day *

Producer: Today we will have a very special guest so that's why we asked you to dress well for the opening

kwangsoo: I hope the guest is a beautiful girl!! I will start dating her

Jae suk: Is Sae yeon Nuna will come?. (Everyone looked scared and Ji hyo laughed)

Haha: Suzy-ah!! Come out now! I missed you so much! But, I still love you, my wife. (He laughed and show a cute love sign towards the camera)

Jong kook: you're such a playboy..

Producer: you can ask the guest to come out by saying 'please come out, my flower'

Jae suk: what the hell?? It's so cheezy

Gary: Let's just do it, Hyung. We can't make beautiful girl to wait for us 

Everyone: 1,2,3 please come out now, my flower!!

Soo hyun came from the room with bright smile on his face while holding a flower. His eyes only looked at one person, his beautiful wife.

He felt very nervous meeting Ji hyo for the first time after 4 years. Spontaneously, he gave the flower to her.

'Beautiful flower for a beautiful girl'. Ji hyo froze at her spot but still took the flower from his hand.

Haha: wow!! Really?? He's a Hollywood actor!! (He looked at the producers still couldn't believe his eyes)

Everyone looked very surprised to see him except for Jae suk. 

Jae suk: Soo hyun and I are very close! He's my brother. (But, of course nobody believed him.)

Kwang soo: you look like a squid beside him, hyung! Go away. (Everyone pushed Jae suk away from Soo hyun)

Soo hyun: Hello everyone! My name is Kim Soo hyun. Nice to meet all of you.(He bowed to the camera and the cast of Running Man)

Haha: I bet the rating for today's episode will soar!! Can i have your phone number?

Jae suk: I'm his manager. Just take my number. ( And both of them argued)

Producer:  Alright guys.Please listen! ( Haha and Jaesuk were still arguing) We will have couple race for today, so please choose any 3 bags in front of you. There is a name inside the bag and that person will be your partner for today. Jae suk, please choose one.

Jae suk: please not Kim jong Kook, please not him..(he opened the bag and of course, he got Kim Jong Kook. Everyone claped happily while both of them protested)

Producer: Yoo jae suk and Kim Jong Kook is a couple for today. And now, Kang Gary, please come infront.

Kang Gary: Today is Monday, so I hope my partner is my Monday Girlfriend. Let's play games, Ji hyo!! ( Ji hyo smiled bitterly while Soo hyun prayed for it to be anyone else beside Ji hyo. Gary opened the bag and his smile fadded. It was Ji suk jin's name).

Ji suk jin: I can be your Monday Girlfriend for today, Gary.( Everybody laughed at the couple).

Producer: Haha, please come forward.

Haha: Soo hyun! Let me be your partner for today!! We even look like each other. 

Kwang soo: you can't insult the guest, Hyung!! You looks like a squid!

Haha opened the bag and immediately threw it away. It was hard for him to accept the reality.

Haha: We're the weakest team among them!! There's no other way, we should betray to win this game.

Kwang soo: i will betray harder than usual.

Producer: So, technically Kim soo hyun and Song Ji hyo is the last couple. All of you can change your clothes at the back.

Soo hyun smiled at her but she quickly went to change her clothes. After the changed, the peoducer asked them to go to the next location with their partners using the cars that had been prepared for them.

It was an awkward silence in the car and Soo hyun tried to start the conversation.

Soo hyun: Whether is quite cold today, huh? (He wanted to facepalm himself for asking such an awkward question)

Ji hyo: Yeah. (She looked out of the window and showed no interest with the conversation)

Soo hyun: Ji hyo..are you ok? I missed you so much

Ji hyo: What the hell are you talking about? We're in the middle of filming now..please be more profesional.

Soo hyun: I want to apologize..i'm sorry that i left you behind..and i really regret it. 

Ji hyo immediately turned off the cameras before their secrets reveal to the public.

Ji hyo: I think you got a wrong person, Mr Kim..this is the first time we met..i don't know who you are.

Soo hyun: Look at me, Ji hyo..i'm your husband..Soo hyun.

Ji hyo: My husband is dead years ago! 

Soo hyun stopped the car abruptly and unbuckled his seatbelt. He hold Ji hyo's hand and carrassed her cheek. 

Soo hyun: I still remember the softness of your skin. I love you, Ji hyo..you're so beautiful. (he moved his hand to the necklace and chuckled. He stared into her eyes, their face was so closed and their forehead met. He tilt his head tried to reach her lips..until)

Ji hyo's phone rang. They both parted and she answered the phone call from Kwang Soo.

*on the phone*

Kwang soo: Ji hyo, where are you now? How come you're not here yet? Don't tell me you're dating with Kim soo hyun..

Ji hyo: we'll be there in 5 minutes..just wait for us for a while.

Kwang soo: Alright then, hurry up.

The situation became more awkward between them before Ji hyo asked him to drive to the location. 

*At the location*

Lee kwang soo: At last! We've been waiting for you for a long time! Where did you go, huh?

Gary: Ji hyo-yah, what did you do with Soo hyun in the car?? (Gary pretended to cry)

Ji hyo: We were lost..we didn't do anything, oppa

Jae suk: If you didn't do anything then why Kwon Ryul told me that you turned the cameras off, huh???

Soo hyun: She was asleep, hyung..that's why i turned it off..(he smiled sweetly to Ji hyo)

Haha: Why are you looking at him like that, Ji hyo?? Look at Gary Hyung..he's crying (Everybody including Ji hyo laughed at Gary's expression)

Gary: Don't you remember today is Monday! (He tried to hold Ji hyo's hand but Soo hyun slapped his hand away)

Soo hyun: She's my partner for today, Gary. Just hold Suk jin's hand.( He said jokingly and grabbed Ji hyo's hand). She's mine. ( he looked into her eyes and smiled)

Jae suk: Mr Soo hyun, you really like Mong ji, aren't you??( jae suk and both of them blushed)

Gary: Why both of you look so happy?? Do you really want to see me die, Mong ji? 

Haha: the new couple is born!! Jihyun Couple!!

Producer: Alright, now all of you can take a rest first and we will start filming at 2p.m.

Due to massive fans of Kim soo hyun, the location of filming was changed and at first they should've done outdoor mission but they had to change it to indoor. They got one hour before 2p.m so Jae suk and Gary went to the toilet, Kwang soo and Suk jin took a nap, Jong kook and Haha were eating at the corner while the crew were busy setting up the place. Soo hyun took a look around to search for Ji hyo and saw she was sitting alone at the bench outside the building while playing with her phone. He went to approach her but interrupted by a phone call. He looked at the screen and saw the caller's name: Emma.

Soo hyun saw that name and decided not to answer it. He looked at Ji hyo once again but interrupted by Harry who called his name from afar.

Soo hyun: What?!( his voice is higher than he expected and Harry was quite shocked)

Harry: i just want to tell you that Emma called me just now. She told me you didn't pick up your phone.

Soo hyun:I'll call her after i finished filming. Don't worry, ok?

Harry: All right then. Just don't forget about it. 

Soo hyun sighed and went to Ji hyo's direction quickly. 

Soo hyun: Hey, can i sit here with you? 

Ji hyo: there's no need to ask. This bench is not mine.(still playing with her phone)

Soo hyun: ji hyo, i know it's hard for you to accept me back in your life, but can you give me another chance? It hurts when i lose you that night and i don't want to lose you again. 

Ji hyo: it's not that i don't want to accept you back but your life is much better without me. I ruined your life, i broke my promise to take care of you until i die.. I'm not worth it. ( she started to cry)

Soo hyun: you said you're not worth it?. You're the reason that i changed.Years ago, when i came to New York, i worked so hard so that i could have enough money to get eyes surgery so that i can see your face. I followed my friend to work and I learned to become an actor so that one day people will say you and me are a perfect for each other. Not anyone else..not Gary or Bo lin but you and me. I tried my best just to get you back. But one day i read a news that Bo lin proposed you..i lost my inspiration..i thought i already lose you.  After that day, i swore to myself i would never going to Korea again. 

Ji hyo: but, but why are you here now? 

Soo hyun: I didn't want to..but i need to promote my new movie so that's why i'm here. i also met Jae suk and he told me everything that happened. 

Ji hyo: So you knew about Bo lin? 

Soo hyun: yes..and i'm sorry to hear that. Ji hyo, i know it's hard to accept someone that went missing for the last few years and suddenly pop out infront of you in one day, so take your time, okay? I will always be waiting for you. 

Ji hyo: thank you, Soo hyun. And i'm glad to see you again.

Soo hyun: anything for you, beautiful. And for now, let's play games okay? ( he took her hand and went inside to start filming)