Smile on my face

Love or Sympathy

It was 3.A.M in the morning but Soo hyun was still waiting for his wife. 'Where is she? Is there something happen to her?' are the only things that went through his mind. When he was still in a deep thought, he heard someone pushed the front door opened. 

'Ahh..why you're not sleeping yet? It's already late and you need to work tomorrow, right?'. Ji hyo asked with sleepy eyes.

'I woke up to get some water and i'm going to bed now'. He smiled and rubbed Ji hyo's hand. He missed her so much and had to lie so that it wont burden her.

'Alright, good night Soo hyun'. She simply said and let go off his hand.

 

Ji hyo woke up rushly when she saw the alarm clocked showed 11.30 A.M. she forgot to wake Soo hyun up and make breakfast for him before he goes to work. She took her phone to call him and apologize but realized she got a voice message.

'Ji hyo, i'm going to work now. I already made sandwiches for you in the kitchen, so take a good rest okay. Byee.'

Ji hyo smiled to herself and thought 'So glad he's an understanding husband'. While she was still thinking of him, she got a call from Cho hyo jin PD.

'Hello, Ji hyo are you there?'.

'Yeah it's me..what is it oppa?'.

'I've got another good news for you..we have discussed with SBS and we want you to be the cast of Running Man along with the other 7 members. So, are you agree?'.

Ji hyo was so surprised that she went blank at that time.

'Hello?ji hyo are you there? Did you hear what i said?'

'Yeah. I'm still here. Wow, thank you so much!! I'll discuss with my husba..i mean my mother first'.

'Alright, and if you already make up your mind just call me'.

Ji hyo waited for Soo hyun to come home but he didnt show up until late at night. Ji hyo was getting worried and tried to call him but nobody answered. 'Where the hell are you??' She mumbled while wandered back and fourth. 

10 minutes later, she was falling asleep on the sofa when the phone rang.

'Hello? Is this 'my wife' speaking?'. A man asked and she knew he wasnt Soo hyun.

'Yes, this is my husband's phone. Where is he?'

'He's in Seoul Hospital right now. He had an accident'.

Ji hyo's heart sank to hear that news. She grabbed the cap,mask and car keys then went straight to the hospital. Arrived there, she saw him lying on the bed with bloody head. 'Soo hyun, are you okay? What happened to you? She asked but he was unconscious. 'We're taking him to the emergency room, so please stay here, Miss'. The nurse told her. 

Ji hyo waited at the bench alone and hoped that Soo hyun will be just fine. 'I shouldnt let him go to work alone..I should accompany him..' She regretted but it was too late. 

'Ji hyo?' Someone called her name. She turned and saw Yoo jae suk with curious expression. 'What are you doing here, oppa?'. She also had the same expression as his. 'I accidently hit that poor blind boy just now..and that's why I'm here..are you that boy's aquitance, ji hyo?'

Ji hyo frozed. 'I....that blind boy...he's my husband'. She finally spit it out.

It was Jae suk's turn to be silent. There were so many surprising things happened that night and his brain could not digest the informations at once.

'You are married? And who knew about this, ji hyo?'.

'Nobody except you'. She gave him a bitter smile.

'It's okay, i'll keep it as my secret as well. I'm sorry for hit your husband like that..I didnt mean it'. 

'I know..let's just pray he'll be okay'. She pat his back.

Two hours later, the nurse showed up while pushing Soo hyun's bed to his room. The doctor told ji hyo that he cracked his skull and will take a few months to heal completely. 

'Oppa..I think you should go home now..your family must be worried about you'. 

'It's okay..I already told them about that'.

'But you have Running Man filming tomorrow, right? Soo hyun is fine, I'll take care of him. Just go home, alright?' 

'Okay, okay..but I'll come again tomorrow'. He went home while Ji hyo stayed by her husband's side all night long.

 

*that morning*

Soo hyun woke up and felt like his head was about to explode.

 'Ughh..' He moaned and realized there was someone beside him since he could felt someone holding his arm. 

Ji hyo was sleeping soundly with her head on his bed while hugging Soo hyun's hand. Soo hyun knew she was his wife since her scent of perfume was so familiar. He kissed her forehead and suddenly Ji hyo woke up. 'You are already conscious? Why didnt you wake me up?'. She scolded him.

'You need to kiss the Sleeping Beauty to wake her up you know'. He . 

'How do you feel? Any pain on your head? Want me to call the doctor?'. 

'It was so painful just now..but you took that away when I kissed you'. 

'Yah..stop playing around, Mr Kim..i'm being serious. How did you get yourself in an accident? After this you can't go anywhere without me by your side. Thank God you are still alive since Jae suk oppa brought you here immediately'. She scolded him once more.

'Yoo jae suk brought me here?' 

'Yes he was the one that hit you last night. He said he'll come again after finish shooting'.

'Then, you shouldnt be here..he will know about us..our relationship'. His face saddened.

'I already told him about us..there's nothing to worry about. I know he can keep the secret. By the way, I have a good news..I'm going to be the cast of Running Man'. 

'Really? You know it's a shame if they dont cast you as the member. Song ji hyo is a perfect Running MAN..tougher than your looks'.

'Yah! What do you mean? I'm still a lady..'. She wanted to smack his head but realized he was injured so she gave a quick kiss. Automatically Soo hyun put his hands on the face to keep himself from blushing.