Sober

Time to Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up right as the light hit me in the temple through the cracks of the window. I roll over the sheets tangling around my legs, i run a hand through my short hair and sigh, my eyes swollen and sting slightly. I hear something roll outside of my doors and bottles clinking in the living area, near the kitchen. I sigh and push off the bed, going to my dresser and picking out a white top and some pajama pants before leaving the room. I find Lay accross the cough wide awake, a few bottles scattered around his area, one in his hand on the floor. 

"You should drink with your blood thing. Its not-"

"You know sehun?" he slurs and turns and gives me a sad look.

I nod and pick up the empty bottles of wine, vodka, gin, rum, kahlua and put them in the sink.

"I hate him"

"You work for him" i scoff

"He found me" he in a breath, "I had worked with a police force for a couple years, investagating. It was everything to me. I never had much when i lived in China, my mother tried her best for both of us. I kept up with all my studies and earned straight a's year after year, no matter how bad the education or situation i made sure i was successful for her, so she had something to be proud of. But i was never able to get into any colleges deu to finances, I realized this in my senior year of high school. So i took a foreign exchange opertunity, leaving her by herself. Sehun found me in high school, he was a freshan i think and elped me learn korean the right wy, taught me tricks and gave me tips. I saw you two together often, i knew you from how he spoke of you. But i told him of my situation, he helped me pay to go back home and take college courses. I became a police interogater and spoke with him often. But my mom never had it easy and eventually she wasnt there. I started doing drugs and drinking, to cope, or maybe just to forget everything and got fired because i could do my job properly. I stop talking to Sehun and he made a trip to visit me, he found me laying in front of my house looking up at the rain clouds and took me back, made me into whatever i am doing now. He's serious." he suddenly locks his eyes with mine, "Whatever he says he means it. Dont hold anything against him unless he gives you a reason to. I promise you he means everything he says to you, if he says he will make you the happiest, he will find away to make that true no matter the situation."

"How do you know about that?"

" gets hard. But if you run away from it then it wont fix anything."

"What are you suggesting?" i say taking the bottle from his hands

"Not to go against his orders but to do some research of our own. On the streets or on the internet."

"Talk to me when you're sober. And please stop drinking." i say before returning to my room and opening up the laptop Sehun lent me. 

I go straight to skype and message Byun 

Al: 'Whats going on there'

BB: 'We just left another meetings, about to go work. Why?'

AL: 'Hows Sehun?'

BB: 'Why dont you just call him?' 

AL: 'I dont want to disrupt him while he's working'

BB: '...'

Afew minutes later i get a call on skype from Sehuns private account, the one only a few people have. 

"Hey" i say happily as the call conncets, i place the laptop on the side desk and angel it correctly. 

"How is everything?" he asks. Hes wearing a dark suit with a burgandy red shirt unbottoned a few, his hair pushed back.

"Lay is drunk"

He sighs and mutters something under is breath. 

"Why is he drinking, he knows he shouldnt" i say while looking at Sehun who is reading papers 

"He doesnt have the best coping skills all the time. He really loves someone, and here he can see them everyday but there he cant even message them due to overage fews. So this is him dealing with it. What else is he doing i should know about?"

"Nothing. But id like to post a suggestion"

"Go for it."

"Why dont we do some investagating here. We can find information and the more we have, the better. Im sure that two different countries have two different kinds of information."

he goes silent, just looking at me back for several minutes, pondering the idea.

"Allura, you have Lay with you there and thats it. He knows how to dig information but thats it. You dont have any weapons or protective force with you guys. Youd literally be putting yourself out there."

"Im okay with that, i-"

"Im not okay with it. No. I dont want to have to worry about you more than i do now"

"Let me do something"

"Then stay in the safe house. Dont get yourself killed"

"You know i wont."

"Someone held a knife to your heart the last time you were in a fight and they drew blood. youre strong but not stronger then metal. No"

"Youre not fair" i complain

"When am i?" he ays going back to reading. 

I wait for a few seconds, staying silent and watching him before feeling my chest tighten, "I can see youre busy. Later then" i say in a hushed tone, hanging up before he can respond. 

i slam the laptop closed and hug my knees to my chest. I run my hands through my hair a few times and rub the tears of anger out of my eyes, "I dont understand!!" i yell and throw my head back.

"Youre fragile still" Lays voice at me door surprises me, making me jump and scoot farther away, "See?" he says while sitting on my bed.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter